Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Author Topic: SPIN WARS EPISODE VI: The Return of the Spin  (Read 18776 times)
Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« on: November 06, 2019, 02:52:57 AM »

SPIN WARS EPISODE VI: The Return of the Spin

Here we are again saber community. The younglings are practicing their carols, the snow is starting to fall for some of us, and the weather is getting colder. Another year has come and gone. Hopefully we have spent some time improving our sabering  skills. Now it is time to put that last part to the test. That’s right, the time has come once again to break out those sabers, cameras, and fancy moves, and get ready for this year’s Spin Wars!  This is the announcement you have all been waiting for. Good lord, this is episode VI already. I can't promise there won't be Ewoks.

What is Spin Wars?

Spin Wars is Tradition!!!

Simply put, most of us here tend to do our own things. We do choreographed fights, martial arts demos, spinning routines, costume work, etc. What if there was a way to get several of those things into one project that would showcase a wider picture of what we, as a community, do with lightsabers? That is what Spin Wars did last 4 years. For anyone unfamiliar, the archived videos are here.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_fabiOtA6Y" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOXLGXuPRQA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtBuaBYkTjE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUMKS1tbufw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYYyPhHF3jQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win"><b>!</b> No longer available</a>

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzI5lK_47gI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O83Wl90oTI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
So what about this year? Anyone willing to volunteer, post a video in which you show us your saber work. You can choreograph a fight, you can give us spinning, you can film some freeform work, you can do it with lit or unlit blades, in costume or in plain clothes, outside, inside, or on green screen. This footage will be edited together into a montage. This year we will be looking at a light side and a dark side cut. There will be a base music track for each side with a second track to expand the music if we get enough videos.

The criteria:

1. For editing and theme purposes, the video should be designed to accompany a piece of music posted below. Please have the music playing in the video so that I can hear it in the background for timing. If you record it without the music or while the music was playing through headphones, please attach the music track to it before you post.

2. Your video must include a lightsaber (or exotic light weapon of some sort) and be something recognizable as "a performance".

3. Your content should not violate youtube or forum rules.

The details:

If you are interested, please post and say so. Also please indicate if you will considering yourself dark side or light side for this performance. The initial interest will help determine if we are doing one audio track  or two for each side but I will operate as if we are using only 1 until the situation proves otherwise. When you have a video, please post it here or on my Darth Cephalus Facebook page. I can rip things from youtube without a problem for editing, but if you post it directly to facebook, please send it through something like google dopcs as well, so I can grab it. Please include the name or moniker you would like to appear in the credits. If you have a signature move, pose, or other brief trademark, please post it as a separate video or still image as you would like it to appear in the credits. If none is submitted, I will use a short clip from your routine. If you have a youtube channel or web link, post it and I will include it in the description. Please try to submit material as soon as you are able. I would like to start editing in mid December (let's say a final deadline around Dec 20th) with a video release on Youtube around the first of the year.

The Music:

The tracks
Light side primary track
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdhe_6KfHBI (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Light side secondary track
www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSAHg0f9nOM (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Dark side primary track
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea7m2BfBDEA (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Dark side secondary track
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEYrRNMr2kg (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Additional notes and disclaimers:

This is not a professional video. This is by and for those who are willing to donate time and energy to make it happen. I will have to decide what makes it in and what does not. I will attempt to give everyone equal time (provided they submit a long enough clip to accomplish this). We are only working with a few minutes of audio. I will try to include everyone, and if too many people are interested to do that, I will try to make a second cut. This may have to come out after the first though. If you have a favorite segment, feel free to let me know the time range and I will do what I can, but no promises. Other than that, feel free to discuss and ask questions if you wish. If there is anything I can do to help you put together a submission, let me know. Otherwise, let's make this one a good one.
Now Get Spinning!.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 06:36:08 AM »

I have literally been thinking about this for the past couple of days, wondering if we were actually doing another one. I'll have to see if I can get something together. Depending on interest, I can go either LS or DS. For now I'm going to plan on DS though. Looking forward to this years Spin Wars.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:00:45 PM »

You just gave me am excuse to wear my kilt. So, Light side for me.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2019, 04:26:22 AM »

May have to consider it this year

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 07:23:07 AM »

Great idea, entirely new to this scene, but maybe I'll enter if I can get a decent enough performance together.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 04:41:16 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NeHiAZohZA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NeHiAZohZA</a>

I got excited and made my submission already.
As for my choice of attire. I mean, you brought this on yourself by choosing bagpipes.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2019, 04:49:34 PM »

If anyone needs help putting a demo together shoot me a message.  Maybe I can help out!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:11 PM »

Yes! Count me in!!! Video to follow

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 01:14:25 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NeHiAZohZA#
As for my choice of attire. I mean, you brought this on yourself by choosing bagpipes.

Yes! Just Yes.
4 things
1: love the kilt. I was planning to use one of mine in the video as well.
2: love the isolations. I don't know that I have seen many people use those in quite a while.
3: Is that an acrylic counterweight on the other side of that saber?
4: The cat disowned you during the course of that video I think

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2019, 02:21:29 AM »

Yes! Just Yes.
4 things
1: love the kilt. I was planning to use one of mine in the video as well.
2: love the isolations. I don't know that I have seen many people use those in quite a while.
3: Is that an acrylic counterweight on the other side of that saber?
4: The cat disowned you during the course of that video I think
Thank you kindly, and yes, that is a contact ball I've had for a number of years, and last week I took my dremel tool, made a hole, took a connector, and epoxied it in there; and voila! counterweight!
As for the cat, as soon as i sit down she is all affection, so I'm good.

Makubex
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

тнərə ιѕ no darĸ ѕιdə, nor lιgнт ѕιdə.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2019, 06:38:59 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NeHiAZohZA#

Dude freakin epic!!! I’m a Scotsman myself!! And I raise my saber to you!

Makubex
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2019, 06:41:03 AM »

Yes! Count me in!!! Video to follow

Ohh gebusss (sry off topic) I just noticed ur display pic! Roflz I’m loving ur prof pic as well! Cheers!
Also can’t wait to see you bust a groove!

Makubex
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2019, 06:56:33 AM »

What’s the limit of entries one person can make?Darth Cephalus?

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2019, 07:27:49 AM »

What’s the limit of entries one person can make?Darth Cephalus?
Technically you can do one for each music track but that would just be you giving me more editing options. I will honor people’s choice of preferred side for the first video. If one side is light (no pun intended), I will give people who submitted a video on both sides a chance to be in both videos. I want to get everyone in first and make sure there is space before we cross that bridge.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2019, 09:39:59 AM »

Spin wars ... a moment I personally wait for as the vids are always great due to the skills of people here. THANK YOU for that DC Wink

I wish I could participate once ... but time ... and I do not have especially high spin skills  Tongue

The deadline seems to be 20th of December ... I will try* Wink

* And I perfectly know that there is no try  Roll Eyes

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: