Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Stuntsaber died.  (Read 1094 times)
finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« on: November 06, 2019, 03:34:37 PM »

Well, first a battery went bad in the saber, then after I changed the batteries out, it worked for a few minutes, then turned off altogether and now won't turn on. I don't have any electronic fixing tools, but if someone can handwalk me through what to get and do, I wanna try to fix this thing.  I have a minimal knowledge of electric work from over a decade ago.  It is a phantasm initiate v3

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 05:39:03 PM »

Well, first a battery went bad in the saber, then after I changed the batteries out, it worked for a few minutes, then turned off altogether and now won't turn on. I don't have any electronic fixing tools, but if someone can handwalk me through what to get and do, I wanna try to fix this thing.  I have a minimal knowledge of electric work from over a decade ago.  It is a phantasm initiate v3
I can help only with the basics.  You say it's a stunt saber, so I'm working with the assumption that you have the standard 4xAAA setup.

First and foremost, have you verified that all four of the batteries you're currently using are good and have a full (or nearly-full) charge?

Have you checked all the contact points in the battery "cassette" (for lack of the proper term) are clean and free of dust, corrosion, or anything else that might interfere with electrical connectivity?

Have you checked the connection points where the wires meet the battery "cassette" to verify whether they seem to be making good contact?

If all this stuff seems to be in good order, then I will have to refer you to forum members with more experience (and tools) relevant to electrical troubleshooting.  Good luck!

Also, since you're looking at troubleshooting this yourself, is it safe to assume that the saber is out of warranty?  Because if you do anything other than clean the contacts or swap batteries, I'm pretty sure that will void the warranty.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »

battery setup is the 2 xAA 14500 rechargeable setup - one battery went bad in this saber and lightsaber started doing a blinking on and off while the bad battery was in it. Once I determined the battery was the cause of the issue(by switching batteries out), I separated the bad battery and went back to practicing.  After about 10 minutes of light-up time, the lightsaber blinked a few more times, then went to one led(as if batteries were dying), then went dead completely.
Now for answering your very good 101 questions(some of which had not been done)
charged? check
contact points? clean
connection point - looks good, but i don't know how the wire looks inside the hilt
Still does not turn on.
As for warranty - I did get it back in march, however if you go check out my videos... I don't think a warranty covers what I do.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: