Question: What is your opinion on my next costume
Thor ( Not Depressed Thor) - 1 (9.1%)
Redesigned He-Man - 1 (9.1%)
Armored Sith Lord - 3 (27.3%)
Zorro - 5 (45.5%)
Geralt of Riva (The Witcher) - 1 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Next Years Costume  (Read 8677 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 06:33:37 PM »

I had a pretty good collection of those comics, but I remember Adam being in them. Not a lot, but he was there.

The Clark/Superman dynamic of Adam/He-Man was introduced in the DC comics run in late 82- early 83.  Which of course was carried over to the Show.  In the comics Adam appeared to be a lazy party guy to hide is heroics and transformed by going into the Cave of Power.  He himself did not wield the Power Sword but was the protector of it.  In the first mini Comics that came with the figures in 82 He-Man was a Barbarian chieftain who left to adventure and was tasked by the Goddess (who would eventually be split into the Sorceress and Teela in later comics) to protect the two halves of the Power Sword.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 08:26:20 PM »

The Clark/Superman dynamic of Adam/He-Man was introduced in the DC comics run in late 82- early 83.  Which of course was carried over to the Show.  In the comics Adam appeared to be a lazy party guy to hide is heroics and transformed by going into the Cave of Power.  He himself did not wield the Power Sword but was the protector of it.  In the first mini Comics that came with the figures in 82 He-Man was a Barbarian chieftain who left to adventure and was tasked by the Goddess (who would eventually be split into the Sorceress and Teela in later comics) to protect the two halves of the Power Sword.
I am so not a comic nerd.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 08:38:23 PM »

I am...but this is more being a He-Man nerd. By far its my largest collection.  If you get a chance watch The Toys that Made Us on Netflix.  Its a muti-part documentary about the toys that changed the industry.  The first Season is He-Man, Barbie, G.I. Joe and Transformers.  Its really interesting..at least to me.   

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 09:50:32 PM »

You can't be a nerd about EVERYTHING; there simply isn't enough time.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2019, 03:04:49 PM »

Exactly. Everyone has gaps in their nerdist knowledge. It's why forums like this are so great. You get to share the geekery while learning something new.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 03:12:05 PM »

I am...but this is more being a He-Man nerd. By far its my largest collection.  If you get a chance watch The Toys that Made Us on Netflix.  Its a muti-part documentary about the toys that changed the industry.  The first Season is He-Man, Barbie, G.I. Joe and Transformers.  Its really interesting..at least to me.   
Funny thing is, MotU was my first collection. But that was better than 30 years ago. (God, I feel old just thinking that)

There is a documentary on Netflix I've been meaning to watch called The Toys that Made Us or something along those lines. I for one loathe how Hasbro keeps pushing to make Transformers simpler and simpler to transform. I loved what they did with the toys from the first movie. They were so delightfully complex that you almost needed an engineering degree to figure them out.

TMAI

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2019, 03:47:30 PM »

Funny thing is, MotU was my first collection. But that was better than 30 years ago. (God, I feel old just thinking that)

There is a documentary on Netflix I've been meaning to watch called The Toys that Made Us or something along those lines. I for one loathe how Hasbro keeps pushing to make Transformers simpler and simpler to transform. I loved what they did with the toys from the first movie. They were so delightfully complex that you almost needed an engineering degree to figure them out.
TMAI

Same... I knew a lot about He-Man already from being a fan as a kid, but when they launched the Figures in 2008 (still going to...the Snake Mountain set comes out soon)  I became hooked again and this time had the internet to absorb all the knowledge I could...both real world about its production and its in story Lore (Such as in current canon Skeletor is He-Man's half-Uncle).   The Toys that Made is is what I was talking about, its real interesting.  Also in terms of He-Man there is a documentary solely about MOTU called The Power of Greyskull.  A toy line that was made because they needed a competition for Star Wars toys...and they won.  For a while.  It wasn't even loss of Interest that killed it...its was poor handling of the line.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: