Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
Author Topic: What Game Are You Currently Playing? (Non-spoiler thread)  (Read 55870 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2021, 05:58:09 PM »

So I'm just killing time. In one hour I get to play the new DLC for Borderlands 3. I'm kind of excited for the new raid boss.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpha1K39eL0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpha1K39eL0</a>

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2021, 11:38:39 AM »

So I'm just killing time. In one hour I get to play the new DLC for Borderlands 3. I'm kind of excited for the new raid boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpha1K39eL0#

Always loved Borderlands for the good gameplay mixed with amusing story/characters. Have fun, hope it's enjoyable!

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2021, 12:54:40 PM »

Always loved Borderlands for the good gameplay mixed with amusing story/characters. Have fun, hope it's enjoyable!

Thanks!
It was pretty fun! The raid boss was funny and disappointing at the same time. Disappointing because it was just a bullet spoung that takes no thought to beat. Just lots of ammo. The funny part is that when Hemivorous reaches its final evolution, "Hemivorous the invincible".  You also get Vermivorous the invincible coming out to join the fight. Two giant bugs trying to kill you at the same time.  I was not expecting that at all. Luckily for me I always keep an Infinity pistol in my inventory, so ammo was not a concern. I beat them both on my first try. Solo, level 65 and on mayhem level 10. It took over 20 minutes but I did it.

The murder mystery part is ok. Not super exciting.

I've had the song by Strumbellas stuck in my head all day. "Guns in my head and they wont go."

I hope you have a good day Darth P.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2021, 08:57:35 PM »

BUT after watching DOTA: Dragon's Blood, I'm back to playing Fire Emblem. I realized I never finished playing through The 3 Houses, so I'm trudging through a new save file trying desperately to "get everything right"...

Well, I hadn't played in a while, so I overlooked something sadly... I'd compiled records (because highest tier classes are locked from view until main character is leveled adequately) and I'm hesitant to look such things up often (since spoilers pop up sporadically too). Sadly this led to a simple oversight, since this game is largely centered around character building via consistent stat building and having a "game plan" or charted class goals is a must! I failed to remember (or annotate) that Gremory Class is limited to females only!!! So, I'd been training a lil guy from pathetic into BA and virtually useless into epic skills when I hit a brick wall now. Luckily it's really early in game still, so it's fixable; and other events have left me with other options... but it is terrible since everyone was preordained to their paths. His failure will now effect another to make up for it, fill in for him, and is simply irksome since I'd envisioned him as super cool and now he'll never get there.

Additionally I was trying to be rather Sith this play through by making everyone have Dark or Black Magic, Assassins, using swords or spears (in place of lightsaber variants), and doing so to fit their natures. He was already the halfway light side moron of the bunch, now this makes it more likely he'll have to shift full light and truly be the odd one out. But part of me feels like that is rewarding his failure, so I might penalize him for his failure of being created the proper gender to suit my plans... and make him something broken or detestable. Kid loves art, peace, scenery, probably rainbows and sunshine too; so I'm thinking maybe make him a thief, then assassin, or bare knuckle brawler. He wears glasses, is timid, and religious so I'm basically ruining and disrespecting him for not fitting into my growing evil organization. Truly tragic, because last battle he held his own surrounded and in the open VS 3 heavily armored enemies with only magic to fight back. Such potential getting wasted, he'd be a TANK as a Holy Knight if I allow it but the thought is making me queasy... I hate you Ignatz, you ruined hours of planning and effort by being a boy. If I could gender bend him to suit my purpose it's safe to say idc what he'd prefer at this point!

"Hey Ignatz, weren't you a boy last week...?"    "Well yeah, but it interfered with my leader's plans so, not any more... I miss it, and would have objected, but he's kinda evil and threatened to allow me to 'fall in battle' if I kept making 'problems' so I'm doing my best. Excuse me, I'm going to cry now."

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »

Dragon Age: Inquisition on the XBOX One. It has at least 80 hours worth of interactive single player dynamics that involve combat and decision making.
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on the Nintendo Switch. Only because I know the master cheat.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2021, 06:28:32 PM »

Dragon Age: Inquisition on the XBOX One. It has at least 80 hours worth of interactive single player dynamics that involve combat and decision making.
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil on the Nintendo Switch. Only because I know the master cheat.

Sounds fun. And to the second part, that's just hilarious... I bet I could probably still reflexively enter the weapons cheat, health cheat, and drop a tank from the sky in GTA 3. I don't much condone horrific cheating in multiplayer, but in single player it's priceless sometimes.

I still love my Switch, it was a purchase well made. It truly doesn't disappoint me! Can't wait for that new Zelda, and I'm sure several other titles I'm forgetting about.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2021, 11:52:58 PM »

Sounds fun. And to the second part, that's just hilarious... I bet I could probably still reflexively enter the weapons cheat, health cheat, and drop a tank from the sky in GTA 3. I don't much condone horrific cheating in multiplayer, but in single player it's priceless sometimes.

I still love my Switch, it was a purchase well made. It truly doesn't disappoint me! Can't wait for that new Zelda, and I'm sure several other titles I'm forgetting about.

I'm hoping Nintendo will reprise Majora's Mask for for Switch.
If I still had a Wii, I'd be using the plastic gun that the controllers fit into.
Games of choice: House of the Dead 2. AND House of the Dead: OVERKILL.

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2021, 12:41:05 AM »

I'm hoping Nintendo will reprise Majora's Mask for for Switch.
If I still had a Wii, I'd be using the plastic gun that the controllers fit into.
Games of choice: House of the Dead 2. AND House of the Dead: OVERKILL.

A point to you for excellent taste in games! Those games are the only reason I still own a Wii.
  Now I want to hear "Dim sum for PaPa".

Just so you know, Overkill is also on PS3. On the PS3 there are a bunch of extra levels that were too much for the Wii version. A lot more adult themed levels. It is even more fun then the Wii version. You just have to get past using a clown nose gun! I hate the PS3 guns.

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2021, 01:51:43 AM »

A point to you for excellent taste in games! Those games are the only reason I still own a Wii.
  Now I want to hear "Dim sum for PaPa".

Just so you know, Overkill is also on PS3. On the PS3 there are a bunch of extra levels that were too much for the Wii version. A lot more adult themed levels. It is even more fun then the Wii version. You just have to get past using a clown nose gun! I hate the PS3 guns.

Well, as I remember it, there was room in one plastic gun to hold both Wii controllers. The Wii version came with House of the Dead 3, which I did not play. I didn't have a disc, I just downloaded them. When the PS3 was mine I played God of War and Mortal Kombat 9 on disc a lot.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2021, 10:55:24 AM »

COD Cold War Multiplayer, Zombies, and NFS: Heat

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #160 on: April 26, 2021, 09:42:15 PM »

COD Cold War Multiplayer, Zombies, and NFS: Heat

It's been forever since I played a NFS game, or COD/zombies... I miss the fun that both could offer for sure!

@ KaiserSosay & MercuryKungFu: Yes, just yes. I remember playing the heck out of House of the Dead! Good old Arcade version, I couldn't pass it up without playing a round or 3. Oh the quarters that thing earned from me... Probably where I 1st learned to score a headshot in all reality. Points to you gentlemen for the selection, nostalgia, and good ole fun.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2021, 10:51:00 AM »

It's been forever since I played a NFS game, or COD/zombies... I miss the fun that both could offer for sure!

You should check out NFS: Heat, it's based in Miami and a really fun game to play. I've beaten it like a dozen times and use it to drift my cars

@ KaiserSosay & MercuryKungFu: Yes, just yes. I remember playing the heck out of House of the Dead! Good old Arcade version, I couldn't pass it up without playing a round or 3. Oh the quarters that thing earned from me... Probably where I 1st learned to score a headshot in all reality. Points to you gentlemen for the selection, nostalgia, and good ole fun.

Such a classic game and still one of my favorites to date

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2021, 02:00:23 PM »

My arcade had the big House of the Dead machine with 2 guns.  I got the bright idea once to use both....unfortunately it worked so I would up pumping double the amount of quarters,

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2021, 04:55:29 PM »

My arcade had the big House of the Dead machine with 2 guns.  I got the bright idea once to use both....unfortunately it worked so I would up pumping double the amount of quarters,

I totally tried that too, and you're exactly right! I'd like to do the same thing these days, and see how much better my accumulated experience plays into things. Back where I used to live there was a big refurbished arcade, geared toward adults who grew up in the arcade generations... Brilliant idea, they made all the games free to play, but served adult beverages (hence the profit margin).

Those NFS games totally taught me how to drive and drift waaaay before drivers ed or anything. They get so realistic that you can learn a thing or two playing seriously... I've gotta find and pop in one of my old game discs soon, forget a Tesla I do my own shifting and wheel work. Driving = too much fun, virtual or IRL.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2021, 01:59:09 PM »

Monster Hunter Rise just added in one of my all time favorites so ive been grinding the great Bagel-Goose.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfcEPAZCfM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqfcEPAZCfM</a>

Besides that been falling back down the Stellaris rabbithole

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: