Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Force Unleashed  (Read 2302 times)
ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« on: November 11, 2019, 05:50:30 AM »

What do you think of this video game? And leave out complaints like Starkiller being OP. Video games always have OP characters XD.

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »

Honestly, I enjoyed the characters and the visuals.  It isn't my favorite style of game to play though.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 03:50:19 PM »

Been playing the game since it first came out. My character is based on Starkiller and my saber flow is also based on his form.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:13:18 PM »

First game had a fantastic story with gameplay thats kind of aged poorly in my opinion. Second game was great gameplay but a somewhat lackluster story. Voice Acting in the second game was top-notch, the final fight with Vader having some really charged lines from SK that were bone-chilling.

Sadly StarKiller cool as he is has no place in canon because he's arguably stronger than Anakin, the Chosen One, in his prime

I enjoyed the two games a lot but theyre not something i revisit a whole lot. Now KoToR on the other hand...

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 06:53:19 PM »

If you knew me, you would know how much weight this holds, but I would put it at a very close 2nd to EpI Racer. Got my copy signed by Sam the Man. Grin Grin Grin

Starkiller was my final push to the Dark Side. I loved how OP he was, because it still didn't mean you couldn't get dead.

Sadly StarKiller cool as he is has no place in canon because he's arguably stronger than Anakin, the Chosen One, in his prime
WRONG! Despite my hatred of the midichlorians canon, they explain perfectly how SK was more powerful than Vader. I also think the notion that SK was implied to be more powerful than Vader is a farce. Unlike Vader, he still had the love of a woman to fuel him. IMO love is more powerful than regret.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 07:16:58 PM »

WRONG! Despite my hatred of the midichlorians canon, they explain perfectly how SK was more powerful than Vader. I also think the notion that SK was implied to be more powerful than Vader is a farce. Unlike Vader, he still had the love of a woman to fuel him. IMO love is more powerful than regret.

Not quite what i said though. Arguably more powerful than Anakin in his prime. The largest display of force abilities we get from Anakin is the Mortis arc, but sadly these being demigods we have absolutely nothing to compare that two. So discounting that (simply because its impossible to compare to anything) Anakin is able to battle veteran blademasters, Dooku, Ventress, Kenobi etc with little difficulty, however they usually are able to either escape or obtain some kind of advantage mid fight. His biggest comparable feat in current canon would be killing a Zillo beast, which is admittedly impressive. By comparison,

Starkiller chewed through Jedi (and Sith) Masters like bubblegum, wrecked Vader AND Palps depending on ending, brought down a capital ship from the ground, survived an unaided freefall from the upper atmosphere, regularly crushes starfighters if they look at him funny, became a human lightning rod in the most dramatic display of force lightning ever, fights off multiple rancors AND whatever that ungodly thing was in Cato Nemoidia.

If he's not equal to Anakin, theyre darned close.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »

Not quite what i said though. Arguably more powerful than Anakin in his prime. The largest display of force abilities we get from Anakin is the Mortis arc, but sadly these being demigods we have absolutely nothing to compare that two. So discounting that (simply because its impossible to compare to anything)
Mortis was a vision.

THAT'S why he was able to over power them. It merely represented/foreshadowed what would happen if Anakin could not master his emotions.

Anakin is able to battle veteran blademasters, Dooku, Ventress, Kenobi etc with little difficulty, however they usually are able to either escape or obtain some kind of advantage mid fight. His biggest comparable feat in current canon would be killing a Zillo beast, which is admittedly impressive.

By comparison, Starkiller chewed through Jedi (and Sith) Masters like bubblegum, wrecked Vader AND Palps depending on ending, brought down a capital ship from the ground, survived an unaided freefall from the upper atmosphere, regularly crushes starfighters if they look at him funny, became a human lightning rod in the most dramatic display of force lightning ever, fights off multiple rancors AND whatever that ungodly thing was in Cato Nemoidia.

If he's not equal to Anakin, theyre darned close.
As I've pointed put before, Vader is missing almost HALF of his midichlorians. AS the Emperor said, IN THIS VERY GAME, "Lord Vader was a broken shell of his former self."

The Zillo beast was just another Filoni dumbass design to up the anti for just long enough to fill episodes. And the gorag was the same idiot gimmick. "We need something bigger than what's already been done, in order to fill time."

Also in this game, SK went toe-toe with Palps, but by no means beat him. He dies in victory. I can also vouch that SK was trained as a Sith (not full blown) but also BY a Sith. He'd be a pretty lousy student if he didn't instinctively push himself to be better than his master.

Plus, how can you not love the arc of the Rebel Alliance being brought about by a failed Sith scheme?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 01:40:33 AM »

Mortis was a vision.

THAT'S why he was able to over power them. It merely represented/foreshadowed what would happen if Anakin could not master his emotions.
As I've pointed put before, Vader is missing almost HALF of his midichlorians. AS the Emperor said, IN THIS VERY GAME, "Lord Vader was a broken shell of his former self."

The Zillo beast was just another Filoni dumbass design to up the anti for just long enough to fill episodes. And the gorag was the same idiot gimmick. "We need something bigger than what's already been done, in order to fill time."

Also in this game, SK went toe-toe with Palps, but by no means beat him. He dies in victory. I can also vouch that SK was trained as a Sith (not full blown) but also BY a Sith. He'd be a pretty lousy student if he didn't instinctively push himself to be better than his master.

Plus, how can you not love the arc of the Rebel Alliance being brought about by a failed Sith scheme?

I know you have this dislike of Filoni...but remember during the clone wars initial run George was still calling the shots....if it happened he thought it up or approved it.   The Zillo beast was mentioned more than once in the EU..specifically in the Plagueis novel and Old Republic: Deceived.  So..no.  It wasn't a random idea from Filoni. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 01:47:59 PM »

If you knew me, you would know how much weight this holds, but I would put it at a very close 2nd to EpI Racer. Got my copy signed by Sam the Man. Grin Grin Grin

Oh my Force that's amazing!!!! Sam Witwer is like a kriffing king of Star Wars! I've wanted to meet him and Mark Hamill since forever. Imagine those two kings talking it up about Star Wars. XD I bet they'd be able to make the coolest Force Unleashed 3 with Galen and Juno meeting the golden trio.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 02:27:18 PM »

Oh no - do NOT get me wrong I LOVE this games. I just personally dont think SK gels with current canon.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 04:45:51 PM »

I know you have this dislike of Filoni...but remember during the clone wars initial run George was still calling the shots....if it happened he thought it up or approved it.   The Zillo beast was mentioned more than once in the EU..specifically in the Plagueis novel and Old Republic: Deceived.  So..no.  It wasn't a random idea from Filoni. 
I own both of these novel, and have 0 recollection of these mentions. I assume both were written BM? But also, the beast may have been mentioned, but that necessarily translate to fleshed out?

Oh my Force, that's amazing!!!! Sam Witwer is like a kriffing king of Star Wars! I've wanted to meet him and Mark Hamill since forever. Imagine those two kings talking it up about Star Wars. XD I bet they'd be able to make the coolest Force Unleashed 3 with Galen and Juno meeting the golden trio.
Sam was the coolest thing ever. It took us like over an hour to get through a line of about 30 people. He was genuine and talked to people in a way that came across like if he had time, he'd have just shot the $#!% with each of us. #toocool

I was always a little bent outta shape that they never finished the TFU story with a third game. Despite not being overly thrilled by the primary story, I liked the notion that Vader was captured on Kamino and taken to Dantooine, but the idea that simple bonds could hold a Sith Lord never sat right. But it played into why there was a Rebel base there "but we estimate that it has been abandoned for some time." If Vader escaped, he would have known about its location. They would have abandon it because of that compromise......or no one was left alive.

Oh no - do NOT get me wrong I LOVE this games. I just personally dont think SK gels with current canon.
1) I think it was a poor assumption of the fans that he was more powerful. However he was highly skilled. As he was described in-game, Starkiller was called "a primal Force wielder". To me, this conjures thoughts of him being very instinctive and intuitive in how the Force works. It gave him a tactical edge. Look at his first mission: He faced off against a seasoned vet, a military genius, and Jedi master. BUT, Kota also underestimates your power due to your lack of age. Even on easy mode, the fight is hardly easy, especially your first time through.

2) I got two words about the current canon.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 05:05:54 PM »

I was always a little bent outta shape that they never finished the TFU story with a third game. Despite not being overly thrilled by the primary story, I liked the notion that Vader was captured on Kamino and taken to Dantooine, but the idea that simple bonds could hold a Sith Lord never sat right. But it played into why there was a Rebel base there "but we estimate that it has been abandoned for some time." If Vader escaped, he would have known about its location. They would have abandon it because of that compromise......or no one was left alive.

I always Assumed it was a ploy by Vader.  Like you I figure there is no way Vader is just standing there locked up because he can't get out.  His last line to SK solidified that to me at least.  He knew they couldn't pass up the opportunity to take the Emperors Enforcer captive.... which would create a Rorschach situation.   He's not locked in there with them...they're locked in there with Him....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2019, 09:18:13 PM »

That's so nice and cool of Witwer! He's such an awesome person and Star Wars fan!
Oh Vader definitely let Galen win. In the Dark Side ending when Galen tries to execute Vader it activates a Starkiller clone that was successfully grown and trained so the real ending where Galen chose the Light Side kept the Clone from being activated. Therefore, I think Vader was always in control. Also, at the end of TFU 2 we saw Boba Fett following Galen and Juno, so I'm gonna bet the third game would've started with Boba outwitting Juno and Galen and succeeded in getting Vader out of there. Vader always wins.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: