Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Author Topic: The Ultrasabers Fall Raffle begns NOW! 11/3 - 11/20!  (Read 33250 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #120 on: December 06, 2019, 07:44:29 PM »

Yeah, the Fallen (in whatever color finish) is a BEAST of a hilt!  It's long, it's thick, and it's massive, especially when compared to something like an Initiate v2 or an Apprentice v5.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's very good to know before you order.

Really short blades?  Smiley

Well, that IS an option, but it's not the option I chose.   Grin

And it's not just the blade... the hilt itself (including the shrouds) is over 16 inches long (over 40cm for our metric-thinking friends).  That's a LOT of length, even for a two-handed grip!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Dilligaf919
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2019, 01:33:51 PM »

and here I am, getting ready to get an emerald malice with large claws and a 40 inch blade witha pointed tip lol

-The Jedurai

KNOWLEDGE-initiate v4 with windows and av switch, Counselor green
Aeon V5, av switch, guardian blue
BALANCE- Spectre lite sound with windows, engraved hilt, black av switch with white light, TRI Adegan Silver
PASSION- dark apprentice v4 with windows and guarded switch, blazing red
Diamond bellicose

Is it a want, or a need?:Fallen LE Diamond, Archon 3.1 Diamond, The Malice Diamond

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2019, 06:54:09 PM »

My pair of beasts are here! I made a thread: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=43159.0

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2019, 01:43:02 PM »

Fantastic pictures everyone!  These sabers are one and all outstanding  Smiley

I agree with the overall assessment: the Fallen looks incredible!  And seeing the v5 Apprentice has convinced me that I need to pick one up in the near future (already have the v5 Initiate which is a fun hilt itself).

Congratulations everyone!!  I love seeing all of the winners' sabers  Smiley

And thank you US for giving us these raffles  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2019, 07:30:34 PM »

Had a little fun with my new Spectre and an episode of Rebels.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #125 on: December 08, 2019, 08:30:50 PM »

The Spectre with the VA blade is a must for me!

Lonedolphin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2019, 02:35:48 AM »

Got my 3rd place prize. Entry was a Dominix v4 with Emerald and prize was a Dark Apprentice in FO. Both are great sabers. Massive thanks to the team at US. Pic found here (excuse crappy photography) https://www.reddit.com/r/lightsabers/comments/e83l1o/came_in_a_few_days_ago_ultrasabers_dominix_with/

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »

Those sabers look nice, indeed!

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

SAKI-BOMBER
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2019, 08:58:04 PM »

Dude!  Sidious Sabers won the emerald prize on the fall raffle and first prize on the summer raffle?  He must be the luckiest person on the planet!  I'm jealous.  Congrats to everyone that won.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2019, 09:18:50 PM »

Can't quite seem to get the hang of embedding videos so here's the next best thing: https://youtu.be/OhadZCD8n4E.

This is a link to my first font on my Diamond Spectre.  It's kind of a work in progress (no lock up effect or tag sound) and my phone has difficulty with very bright light so apologies for the quality.  I attempted to use the grey backdrop of my couch to hint at the color when my phone washes it out.  It's a flame effect over the Obsidian sound meant to somewhat mimic a high-powered cigar lighter.  The hum effect is meant to flicker randomly between yellow and something approximating Pyrestone Orange (the randomness allowed me to be lazy with exact intensities).   Most of the effects involve flashes to "hotter" white and blue although some pinks sneak in.  The blue flashes trick the eye a little during swings almost making it skip from one location to the next but this is a little lost in the video.  I particularly like the Flameout Powerdown effect.  Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on tweaking the font itself or making better videos.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2019, 10:34:14 PM »

To embed the video, I believe you type in the link, but,you type http://
there is no s on the end.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2019, 02:03:43 AM »

To embed the video, I believe you type in the link, but,you type http://
there is no s on the end.

Also, you have to use the full YouTube.com URL, not the YouTu.be (shortened) URL.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #132 on: December 18, 2019, 01:58:52 PM »

Thanks Malik and Cyclops!  Points for your help!  For completion sake most of this is a repeat of my last post but this is a video of my first font on my Diamond Spectre.  It's kind of a work in progress (no lock up effect or tag sound) and my phone has difficulty with very bright light so apologies for the quality.  I attempted to use the grey backdrop of my couch to hint at the color when my phone washes it out.  It's a flame effect over the Obsidian sound meant to somewhat mimic a high-powered cigar lighter.  The hum effect is meant to flicker randomly between yellow and something approximating Pyrestone Orange (the randomness allowed me to be lazy with exact intensities).   Most of the effects involve flashes to "hotter" white and blue although some pinks sneak in.  The blue flashes trick the eye a little during swings almost making it skip from one location to the next but this is a little lost in the video.  I particularly like the Flameout Powerdown effect.  Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions on tweaking the font itself or making better videos.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhadZCD8n4E&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhadZCD8n4E&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #133 on: December 18, 2019, 03:39:36 PM »

Yeah... about that phone sensor being overwhelmed by the brightness of the saber blade?  It ain’t just you, pal.  We all seem to have that problem, or at least most of us do.  Some folks seem to have found out how to overcome it, or at least minimize the impact, but I’m not one of them.

Thanks for posting the video.  I’d be interested in seeing the swing effect over a larger arc... is there any chance of you either having someone else hold the camera or using a tripod, so that we could get a full swing in the frame?  Or, if your phone does this, could you capture a swing in slow-motion?  I think this would almost definitely require a second person to help, or else you’d have to chop off a lot of the beginning of the clip, based on how slow-motion works on my phone, but it’s a thought.

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

« Reply #134 on: December 19, 2019, 02:13:34 AM »

Thanks for posting the video.  I’d be interested in seeing the swing effect over a larger arc... is there any chance of you either having someone else hold the camera or using a tripod, so that we could get a full swing in the frame?  Or, if your phone does this, could you capture a swing in slow-motion?  I think this would almost definitely require a second person to help, or else you’d have to chop off a lot of the beginning of the clip, based on how slow-motion works on my phone, but it’s a thought.

Gave it a whirl outside.  It doesn't really show up in real time although some of the swings in the beginning come close.  It think it fools the eye and not the camera.  I'll give it a few tries with slow mo when family has a little more time to help but I'm guessing slowing it down will just show the brief flash and not have the same illusion.  I think I also need to turn the sensitivity down on the clash and maybe slightly up on the swing.   Thanks for the suggestion Cyclops!  Point!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXPclBCnPY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXPclBCnPY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: