Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 54710 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2020, 05:43:02 PM »

And now I can die happy and fulfilled.

"What? I meant why are we here? On this planet?!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »

"What? I meant why are we here? On this planet?!
Excuse me, but the quote is: "WHAT? No. Why are we here; in this box canyon?"

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2020, 07:13:06 PM »

Excuse me, but the quote is: "WHAT? No. Why are we here; in this box canyon?"

I paraphrased a bit for the purpose of the setting Tongue

given that Navarro seems like it doesnt have too many canyons.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2020, 07:19:19 PM »

I paraphrased a bit for the purpose of the setting Tongue

given that Navarro seems like it doesnt have too many canyons.
Ah.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #139 on: October 30, 2020, 09:43:09 PM »

Alright, lets get this discussion started again!

Thoughts everyone?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #140 on: October 31, 2020, 12:40:51 AM »

Alright, lets get this discussion started again!

Thoughts everyone?
I quite enjoyed the first episode. I’m curious who the person was at the end watching the Mando ride off into the sunset.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

cwfox9
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

Light Side Jedi

« Reply #141 on: October 31, 2020, 12:53:23 AM »

I quite enjoyed the first episode. I’m curious who the person was at the end watching the Mando ride off into the sunset.

That's Boba Fett, I'm 99% sure

Lightsabers

Crimson Fallen - Fire Orange w Silver FOC, V4 Sound, Extra Dorinian Pommel
Sentinel V4 - Blazing Red, Stunt - Mystery Box
Initiate V3 - Adegan Silver, Stunt - Free Initiate

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #142 on: October 31, 2020, 04:31:25 AM »

That’s my thought too, I was just wondering if there is any confirmation yet?

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #143 on: October 31, 2020, 06:17:28 AM »

That’s my thought too, I was just wondering if there is any confirmation yet?

None but it makes the most sense.  If it was another clone it would be a lot older...but since Boba didn't have his age accelerated it fits.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2020, 07:07:03 PM »

Boba is the only one that makes sense. Plus if you listen closely, you can hear that he still wears the spurs. Which also means that it was Boba that walked up on Fennec Shand's body in Chapter 5.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2020, 01:36:05 PM »

I did confirm that’s the same actor that played Jango at the very least so all my bets are on Boba.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #146 on: November 02, 2020, 08:14:04 AM »

Disney ... Solo, Rogue One, Rebels, Clone Wars and the Mandalorian .... How can Disney make a so awful trilogy and so great stand alone movies and shows ...

Jon Favreau .... I LOVE THIS GUY  Grin

The Western ambiance, the dragon .... the last picture ... perfection ....

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #147 on: November 02, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »

Disney ... Solo, Rogue One, Rebels, Clone Wars and the Mandalorian .... How can Disney make a so awful trilogy and so great stand alone movies and shows ...

Jon Favreau .... I LOVE THIS GUY  Grin

The Western ambiance, the dragon .... the last picture ... perfection ....

Because Solo, R1, Rebels, TCW and Mando are all made by Star Wars fans. The trilogy were made by movie fans who happen to like and have been influenced by Star Wars (but seriously, who hasn't in the movie business).

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2020, 09:10:37 PM »

That's Boba Fett, I'm 99% sure
SERIOUSLY!?!? That was Temuera Morrison. How could you NOT know who the character was?

None but it makes the most sense.  If it was another clone it would be a lot older...but since Boba didn't have his age accelerated it fits.
THIS

I've heard this about last season, as well. And now that you bring it up, I had a 'HOLY $#!%' moment in the form of remembering hearing Boba walking through Bespin as they took Solo to Slave I. He had the sound of spurs. Now I seriously hope that it's just supposed to be a sound effect for something else, as spurs on an interstellar bounty hunter makes about as much sense as gills on a desert bird.

Now I remember also hearing a rumor that Rex could show up. There was much speculation about age. I was of the mind that he would be positively ancient.

Because Solo, R1, Rebels, TCW and Mando are all made by Star Wars fans. The trilogy were made by movie fans who happen to like and have been influenced by Star Wars (but seriously, who hasn't in the movie business).
Meh. I wouldn't say they were great. They had some good moments, but also had some real stinkers. And IMO, Filoni is far more miss than hit.

Ok, now on to the review.

Getting back to Tatooine is always fun. I cannot get enough of the scenes of a speeder cruising the sand dunes. It is just supremely relaxing. I thought it was exceptionally neglectful for Mando to just stuff the kid in a satchel bag with no eye protection or sand filtration. And then he spontaneously switches sides of the speeder. Tongue YAY for Timothy Olyphant. Took me a minute to recognize him. The grey goatee threw me off. MOAR YAY for the modified Radon-Ulzer 620C into Cobb's speeder. However, if they even hint at that being specifically one of Anankin's engines, Ima completely burn Disney to the #$%&ing ground. Also, that thing should have left Mando's piddly speeder in the dust. The overall story wasn't bad. I'm torn on how they depicted the Krayt. I was excited as hell to finally see one live action. However, I was a bit let down that they turned it into a sand worm. All source material indicated that it was a giant lizard, or literally a dragon, like the Komodo. But at the same time, when we see the skeleton in ANH, no legs are shown. I can cut them some slack on that, but honestly I was a bit underwhelmed that they ripped off Tremors. And seriously? The pearl? A widely accepted alternative crystal for a lightsaber.......is the size of a basketball. Way to do your research you overpaid tools. And what the hell did they do to the bantha? They looked cheap as hell, AND the dummies made them all the same age (look at the horns). NTM Tuskens have a powerful bond with their bantha that approaches symbiotic. I don't see them willingly sacrificing them. Not a terribly great showing for the first episode of the season.

On a wildlife life note: Kath wanted me to pass on that if it were using it's stomach acid offensively, blowing its guts open would spoil the meat.

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2020, 09:20:56 PM »

On a wildlife life note: Kath wanted me to pass on that if it were using it's stomach acid offensively, blowing its guts open would spoil the meat.

To my understanding, this can also depend on whether its stomach acid or if the liquid in question comes from a separate dedicated organ. Hard to argue anatomy with so little info though. I'd also argue the Marshall's speeder could outpace Djin's rustbucket if he needed it to but he was leading Mando to the nest so no reason to. I'd also like to raise the Tusken language and culture as a high point of the episode, Banthas aside, we see firsthand how willing they are to communicate as long as you know how, which has been a theme occasionally in Legends that was nice to see. Also apparently the sign language component of their language was invented with the assistance of a deaf individual fluent in ASL to make it as realistic as possible which is neat.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: