Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55062 times)
lowlead
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 12:20:13 AM »

Just watched Chapter 2...ohhhhhh boy, this show might be winning me over...MAYBE  Cheesy

Like others have said - Jawas!  The command bridge of their sandcrawler, how they antagonize the Mando, how the Mando tosses a few off the roof, vaporizes a few - HAHAHAHA!!  Loved that whole sequence.  Kuill is great - how he guided the Mando in negotiating with Jawas, helping him piece the Razor Crest back together.

My one nitpick is how the Rhino beast died from a tiny stab...I'm just assuming a poisoned blade.

Pretty good stuff so far.  

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 12:21:27 AM »

Is there a rule concerning that?  Is the image blocked?

Do it now Taegin. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 12:39:29 AM »

My one nitpick is how the Rhino beast died from a tiny stab...I'm just assuming a poisoned blade.

I was wondering the same thing. I assumed he had stabbed it in the eye, but that wasn't the case. My only theory is that somehow Baby Yoda helped somehow.

Is there a rule concerning that?  Is the image blocked?

Do it now Taegin. Smiley

The only thing is Spoilers. I know most people will have already watched it, but for those who haven't, I don't want to spoil the cuteness overload surprise.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 01:40:11 AM »

I really like that they showed us a bit of the Jawa culture. They are their own unique species with their own ideals, and seeing that was fun. I also feel like we got a bit of Ughnaught culture too. But Baby Yoda is awesome. Possibly the cutest thing I've ever seen.

How long do I have to wait before I can set it as my avatar?

I want to know how long I have to wait for a toy of it

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 01:51:58 AM »

+1

LOLZ

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2019, 02:36:13 AM »

Not only is everyone praising the show as being good so far...but everyone agrees baby Yoda is the cutest kriffing thing since Gizmo.....

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2019, 02:46:44 AM »

Well, the holidays are coming up, and Disney isn't one to pass up a money-making opportunity, so...

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2019, 03:33:43 PM »

The Good, the Bad, and the Jawa. I loved this episode!

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2019, 06:16:48 PM »

I love that the rifle is based on Boba Fett's Holiday Special back in 1978. Jon Favreau being the nerd that he is, added that to the series.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNwP_1kTZQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNwP_1kTZQ</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2019, 09:05:57 PM »

I love that the rifle is based on Boba Fett's Holiday Special back in 1978. Jon Favreau being the nerd that he is, added that to the series.

Supposedly Favreau has an idea for a new holiday special as well.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2019, 09:13:11 PM »

Supposedly Favreau has an idea for a new holiday special as well.
[

I heard that but it was "he has plans for" and "he may".  I hope he does

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2019, 08:32:45 PM »

Ok, where to begin? I'll start on a high note

Cutest #$%&ing thing EVER! Can I get one for Christmas?

On to the questions/gripes.

1.) I know species exhibit changes as they grow, but why are the baby's eyes so much larger than the adults'?

Also, how is this thing 50yo and can't talk? If the species has an equivalency of 50yo = 1yo human, then Yoda should have only been in his teens. I think 10yo would have been better. But it also makes me think that Yoda was an exception to his species in that he spoke Basic. Considering the child-like characteristics of this new LGF, and his already formidable grasp (albeit unmastered strength) of the Force, it makes me wonder if the species on the whole is Force sensitive, and communicate telepathically through it. This would explain why a 50yo can't talk.

2.) This is an UgNOT

It's too tall, speaks Basic.....and Jawa? Way to jump the shark already because NOSTALGIA. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and where he fits in the story, but frelling hell come up with something new instead butchering what was established. Ugnaughts are small, and like Wookiees, lack the physical ability to vocalize in Basic.

3.) Seriously? They had to bring these things back?

They were so badly rendered in TCW that I didn't even register they had been resurrected. Also this just smacked a bit much of something else

4.) Why is the Empire in possession of beskar, and WHY is it in stamped ingots? And why does it look like Damascus in ingot form but not once forged.

I'm also curious as why/how he already has "beskar" armor, but then needs new parts. Unless it is merely assumed that all of his armor is beskar already.

5.) I actually like the soundtrack to this show. My only complaint is that it....doesn't....feel Star Wars.

6.) Werner Herzog........awesome.

7.) Is it just me, or do these troopers look a little......underfed?

8.) I was under the impression that Jawas were indigenous to Tatooine. And if not, their sandcrawlers were unique to the Tatooine tribes, and also much larger. More useless nostalgia. XÞ

9.) At first I was pissed that they had to throw in an IG unit that wasn't IG-88, but I guess they kinda spun it in a reasonable fashion. I did love how the droid's abilities were showcased. But oh no, the "self-destruct" just has to be a spherical thermal detonator in the chest because NOSTALGIA. And then, after ALL the hype he's shellcanned after 5min.

10.) I'm not a fan of how short the episodes are.

11.) I wasn't thrilled by how they depicted the carbonite freezing process. Chronologically only 6 years prior, it took an entire chamber with heavy machinery to freeze 1 person, and now you just push 'em into a box and hit the freeze button? Go go Filoni nostalgia rape.

12.) The tracking fob. WTF? What happened to the days when hunters had to actually track down a target through info gathering. The bail jumpers I could get behind having some sort of tracking implant, but why the hell would Yoda-baby have one? <puke>

13.) I will admit, the mystery baby and the Remnant's interest in (assuming) has MY interests piqued. That and the Mando....refugees?....are my only interests in the show thus far. I fear that the release of this show at THIS time is because something minute is going to play into TROS.

14.) Can anyone say "dead"?

Beskar might be nigh indestructible, but the rib cage beneath it is not. Plus, how is his little boot knife gonna drop this thing?

15.) I'm not even going to ask how TF a bounty hunter and a farmer rebuild a ship in just 1 night. Also a characteristic flaw in the Jawas: they wouldn't have left the engines behind for that pointless sputter shot. Granted he showed up, and they may not have had the time to pick that heap as clean as they usually would.

16.) As much as I was liking see all the Mandos, what gives with them never taking off their helmets? Seemed overly dramatic and mysterious to a lame level.

Overall, I give the first 2 episodes a C-. Let's hope it gets better.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2019, 08:59:26 PM »

1.) I know species exhibit changes as they grow, but why are the baby's eyes so much larger than the adults'?

Also, how is this thing 50yo and can't talk? If the species has an equivalency of 50yo = 1yo human, then Yoda should have only been in his teens. I think 10yo would have been better. But it also makes me think that Yoda was an exception to his species in that he spoke Basic. Considering the child-like characteristics of this new LGF, and his already formidable grasp (albeit unmastered strength) of the Force, it makes me wonder if the species on the whole is Force sensitive, and communicate telepathically through it. This would explain why a 50yo can't talk.

2.) This is an UgNOT

It's too tall, speaks Basic.....and Jawa? Way to jump the shark already because NOSTALGIA. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and where he fits in the story, but frelling hell come up with something new instead butchering what was established. Ugnaughts are small, and like Wookiees, lack the physical ability to vocalize in Basic.

They were so badly rendered in TCW that I didn't even register they had been resurrected. Also this just smacked a bit much of something else

4.) Why is the Empire in possession of beskar, and WHY is it in stamped ingots? And why does it look like Damascus in ingot form but not once forged.

I'm also curious as why/how he already has "beskar" armor, but then needs new parts. Unless it is merely assumed that all of his armor is beskar already.

5.) I actually like the soundtrack to this show. My only complaint is that it....doesn't....feel Star Wars.

8.) I was under the impression that Jawas were indigenous to Tatooine. And if not, their sandcrawlers were unique to the Tatooine tribes, and also much larger. More useless nostalgia. XÞ

9.) At first I was pissed that they had to throw in an IG unit that wasn't IG-88, but I guess they kinda spun it in a reasonable fashion. I did love how the droid's abilities were showcased. But oh no, the "self-destruct" just has to be a spherical thermal detonator in the chest because NOSTALGIA. And then, after ALL the hype he's shellcanned after 5min.

11.) I wasn't thrilled by how they depicted the carbonite freezing process. Chronologically only 6 years prior, it took an entire chamber with heavy machinery to freeze 1 person, and now you just push 'em into a box and hit the freeze button? Go go Filoni nostalgia rape.

12.) The tracking fob. WTF? What happened to the days when hunters had to actually track down a target through info gathering. The bail jumpers I could get behind having some sort of tracking implant, but why the hell would Yoda-baby have one? <puke>

13.) I will admit, the mystery baby and the Remnant's interest in (assuming) has MY interests piqued. That and the Mando....refugees?....are my only interests in the show thus far. I fear that the release of this show at THIS time is because something minute is going to play into TROS.

Beskar might be nigh indestructible, but the rib cage beneath it is not. Plus, how is his little boot knife gonna drop this thing?

15.) I'm not even going to ask how TF a bounty hunter and a farmer rebuild a ship in just 1 night. Also a characteristic flaw in the Jawas: they wouldn't have left the engines behind for that pointless sputter shot. Granted he showed up, and they may not have had the time to pick that heap as clean as they usually would.

16.) As much as I was liking see all the Mandos, what gives with them never taking off their helmets? Seemed overly dramatic and mysterious to a lame level.

I figure Baby can't speak because of how he seems to have been just given basic care...in short.  They Fed him but didn't teach him how to speak

The Republic freed Mandalore from Maul's rule, this is where Ahsoka faked her death and it is the plot of the season of Clone Wars about to premire on Disney+.   Once the Empire was born Palps had it stripped of Beskar for the empires use.

According to Sabine, Mando's inherit their armor and rework it to fit each user.  Through the years pieces go missing or are sold.

As to Jawa's home planet, I cant say  but the Sandcrawlers were utilized by a now defunct desert mining company..the Jawa's commandeered them

The carbonite freezing on Cloud City was meant for other things...they had to retrofit it for human freezing.  I assume these in the show are specially made with humans in mind 

The Armor helped..but it was him sinking in the mud that saved him.  I've had a car run over my foot on mud and it was not broken....scared the crap out of me...but I was fine

.....But yes  Cutest fing thing ever...where. are. the. damn. toys already

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2019, 09:24:51 PM »

2.) This is an UgNOT

Also I can throw in an additional answer with his armor - not all of it is Beskar. Assuming the Imperials scrounged up most (if not all) Beskar commercially available - not alot if left for our Mandos - and it shows. Only the high luster silvery portions of his armor are Beskar. The rest he's scrounged up from various sources, for instance before his pauldron was replaced, that shoulder is actually lifted from an Imperial Shoretrooper.

Considering there are promo shots of him wearing full Beskar'gam, I'm guessing as the series goes on he'll replace more and more of his (likely durasteel) armor with proper Beskar

ALSO! (just thought of this) this is very much just my personal fan theory but regarding the Beskar ingot, considering that not only does it not retain the Damascus pattern post forging, it also looks like the pauldron is larger than the ingot *and* the forgemaster noted there would be spare. Is it possible I wonder if the Imperials found a way to compress Beskar into smaller ingots to make it easier to transport? The wave pattern being a byproduct of compressing the metal. So when you melted it it might expand a bit? Idk could be a better explanation but its something i thought of.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2019, 09:30:13 PM »

Also my assumption about his armor, since he's a foundling - not sure HOW this relates to Mandalorian Clans - he may have to earn his armor parts to prove he's worthy of being considered a full blood Mando.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: