Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55429 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #345 on: December 02, 2020, 09:45:32 AM »

What happened in Ep2?

Just the greatest force user OF ALL TIME ... the best Jedi of the Galaxy EVER...  Roll Eyes

SHAAK TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII #Love

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #346 on: December 02, 2020, 10:35:22 AM »

I just read that the Magistrate was from Dathomir. No official ties to the night sisters as of yet but could kinda explain her ability to keep stride with Ashoka. Probably a long shot on that.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #347 on: December 02, 2020, 12:27:38 PM »

I just read that the Magistrate was from Dathomir. No official ties to the night sisters as of yet but could kinda explain her ability to keep stride with Ashoka. Probably a long shot on that.

It's one of the going rumors.  Ahsoka does say her people were wiped out during the Clone Wars...which would cover The Nightsisters.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #348 on: December 02, 2020, 02:15:32 PM »

Her accent is consistent with current canon nightsisters as well.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #349 on: December 02, 2020, 03:56:23 PM »

Nightsisters .... Thrawn ... Ahsoka ... Spin Off ??

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #350 on: December 02, 2020, 04:19:08 PM »

Nightsisters .... Thrawn ... Ahsoka ... Spin Off ??

That's the rumor.  Bo Katan, Ahsoka, Mando and Cara Dune will all have shows that are connected.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #351 on: December 02, 2020, 04:53:24 PM »

That's the rumor.  Bo Katan, Ahsoka, Mando and Cara Dune will all have shows that are connected.

Hope that they will succeed to make something great with connected shows to make me forget the trilogy that has never existed  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #352 on: December 02, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »

So here's the thing. While this is usually true, unfortunately often times the studios come between an artist and his/her vision. Probably the biggest example to this would be the Snyder Cut. I doesn't matter what your opinion on those movies are, the fact is that Justice League was significantly changed (partly due to Zach having to step away, mostly due to WB wanting something different). The same goes for Suicide Squad, only this time it was all WB. Of course both of those examples happen to be from WB and not Disney, but the concept is the same. Disney could have stepped in and told Filoni what to do. I find that unlikely, and I'm definitely not saying that that is what happened, but it is a possibility.

Alright, back to your arguing.
It's funny you should say this. I just watch a mini-vid on YT last of George explaining why he did SW the way he did it. He made damn sure that he was making HIS movies, not what some bean counting dick-tator studio said was how to follow a formula to "make a successful movie". As a result, the OT is timeless. There are a couple of rough edges that brand ANH as "made in the 70s", but the other 2 stand up even by today's movie standards. It didn't rely on popular gimmicks, and granted it couldn't rely on nostalgia since it was creating it. It is truly boggling that more studios don't use this thought process: Let the director make the thing. If he/she sucks too often, then they don't get more work. Easy. I would love to know that what I classify as "his" relentless #$%&-ups are him being bullied by the studio.....but there are just way too many for me to believe that. Also, I've given up on Disney being the source of these failings. Too many of their other properties are making money hand over fist. This is why I have taken to now just blaming the Disney Era of Lucasfilm (Lucasfilm{D}).

Everyone assumed so and it seemed as if Disney/JJ wanted it to seem that way.  Dave disagreed.
Well until he makes a story with Ahsoka alive post-ROS, she will prolly be assumed dead.

Has nothing to do with better or worse construction.  Just color.  However in the old canon Mace Windu's saber Was actually more "powerful" as he used Electrum instead of a crystal.
No, the explanation within the show was that he basically tinkered with them and improved their output or something. Unless "improved" merely means he changed their color, and in his narcissism, matching his means they are improved. Which is still weak AF. The lightsaber is a highly personal item, and one of very few things that are classified as a possession. Tinkering with another's should be shunned.

Perhaps it would help to know why I don't see it as an issue.  I think I've spoken before about my desire in my "youth" to enter the entertainment industry.  During this time I , through the magic of the internet, was able to speak to people within it.  Not big name people but stunt men, production assistants and CGI artists.  I got first hand knowledge of the crap that happens on film and tv sets.  So when I see something like that and the explanation is given about limitations for budget or practicality reasons...it doesn't ring false automatically for me.
Eh. To each their own. I think it was an unforgiveable offence to go with what was easy vs what makes sense.

He said "Served During Alderaan".  This meant he was with the alliance during the time Alderaan was lost.  Reluctant to bring real world events in but I have heard quite a few military say "I served during 9/11"  as a way of saying they were in service when it happened.
Whoop-de-#$%&ing-do. Considering that there wasn't a battle, it's like saying "I was alive during the Clone Wars." Basically he's looking for recognition despite having absolutely NOTHING to do with the event. Now had the Rebellion launched an attack on the Death Star, in an effort to stop Alderaan's destruction, but they inevitably lost, then the line would make sense. He would have held a huge guilt over such a defeat as well as the burden of loss over the Rebels that died during the fighting. Now if the conversation were about Scarif, and he served during that event, then yeah, he's a big damn hero.

That wasn't a Medal..that was apparently his badge.  Basically an open invitation to join the New Republic.  
Ugh. Rather large for a badge. That whole scene just felt forced.

The Rumor is there is a Disney+ Star Wars Universe on the way...with Mando, Cara Dune, Bo Katan and Ahsoka all having their own shows following their own stories but connected and much like Netflix's Defenders, having them come together again to face a threat.
Ugh! Because we just HAVE to follow the almighty Formula. Honestly there is only one character in that line up that is interesting enough to merit such treatment, but she's already had the bulk of one series and a good chunk of another.

We're not arguing...we're aggressively sharing our opinions.  We're Sith...its what we do.
Yes. Aggressive debates.

Sorry, perhaps I should have worded it this way.

"Alright, back to your 'aggressive negotiations'".
[mindlessly munches popcorn while watching "agressive negotiations" and mumbles to self] "I have a bad feeling about this…"
What exactly am I negotiating?

Just the greatest force user OF ALL TIME ... the best Jedi of the Galaxy EVER...  Roll Eyes

SHAAK TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII #Love
She was more impressive in TFU. NTM hotter. Grin

Nope. Nope. We've only ever seen Nightsisters and Nightbrothers on Dathomir, so that's all that ever live there.  Roll Eyes

Hope that they will succeed to make something great with connected shows to make me forget the trilogy that has never existed  Grin
Please. I just got done eating.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #353 on: December 02, 2020, 08:44:20 PM »

I have to ....

....... agree with what you say dark sider  Grin

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #354 on: December 02, 2020, 09:14:30 PM »

It's funny you should say this. I just watch a mini-vid on YT last of George explaining why he did SW the way he did it. He made damn sure that he was making HIS movies, not what some bean counting dick-tator studio said was how to follow a formula to "make a successful movie". As a result, the OT is timeless. There are a couple of rough edges that brand ANH as "made in the 70s", but the other 2 stand up even by today's movie standards. It didn't rely on popular gimmicks, and granted it couldn't rely on nostalgia since it was creating it. It is truly boggling that more studios don't use this thought process: Let the director make the thing. If he/she sucks too often, then they don't get more work. Easy. I would love to know that what I classify as "his" relentless #$%&-ups are him being bullied by the studio.....but there are just way too many for me to believe that. Also, I've given up on Disney being the source of these failings. Too many of their other properties are making money hand over fist. This is why I have taken to now just blaming the Disney Era of Lucasfilm (Lucasfilm{D}).
Well until he makes a story with Ahsoka alive post-ROS, she will prolly be assumed dead.
No, the explanation within the show was that he basically tinkered with them and improved their output or something. Unless "improved" merely means he changed their color, and in his narcissism, matching his means they are improved. Which is still weak AF. The lightsaber is a highly personal item, and one of very few things that are classified as a possession. Tinkering with another's should be shunned.
Eh. To each their own. I think it was an unforgiveable offence to go with what was easy vs what makes sense.
Whoop-de-#$%&ing-do. Considering that there wasn't a battle, it's like saying "I was alive during the Clone Wars." Basically he's looking for recognition despite having absolutely NOTHING to do with the event. Now had the Rebellion launched an attack on the Death Star, in an effort to stop Alderaan's destruction, but they inevitably lost, then the line would make sense. He would have held a huge guilt over such a defeat as well as the burden of loss over the Rebels that died during the fighting. Now if the conversation were about Scarif, and he served during that event, then yeah, he's a big damn hero.
Ugh. Rather large for a badge. That whole scene just felt forced.
Ugh! Because we just HAVE to follow the almighty Formula. Honestly there is only one character in that line up that is interesting enough to merit such treatment, but she's already had the bulk of one series and a good chunk of another.
Yes. Aggressive debates.
What exactly am I negotiating?
Nope. Nope. We've only ever seen Nightsisters and Nightbrothers on Dathomir, so that's all that ever live there.  Roll Eyes
Please. I just got done eating.

Well, it seems as if no explanation (assumed or fact) will satisfy your standards.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #355 on: December 02, 2020, 10:23:53 PM »

Well, it seems as if no explanation (assumed or fact) will satisfy your standards.
Probably not. I just wish things like this would be fully thought through before being made irrevocably part of the story. No it won't stop me from watching or enjoying what I can from it. It just irks me when details aren't considered.

I have to ....

....... agree with what you say dark sider  Grin
Bad guy. Duh!

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #356 on: December 02, 2020, 10:32:34 PM »

Probably not. I just wish things like this would be fully thought through before being made irrevocably part of the story. No it won't stop me from watching or enjoying what I can from it. It just irks me when details aren't considered.

Maybe if I ever write my fantasy series, I'll have to send it to you and see what you think. I've got details upon details on the most randomest of things. It'd be fun to hear your thoughts.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #357 on: December 02, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »

They are thought through and adapted based on what ever limitations rear their head be they physical, monetary or time constraints.  But, Like We just said...it won't satisfy your irks.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2020, 07:47:00 AM »

By definition, irks can not be satisfied by explanations  Grin

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #359 on: December 03, 2020, 08:52:02 PM »

They are thought through and adapted based on what ever limitations rear their head be they physical, monetary or time constraints.  But, Like We just said...it won't satisfy your irks.
I started watching S2 with mother last night. I won't deny your comments came back to mind looking at the generic look of the bantha. And I will admit, it struck. They are looking for ways to make a weekly thing that tells a story on a TV budget. However, TV is not as low-brow as it once was. And streaming TV shows, depending on what they are, can get stupid huge budgets. I mean, c'mon....we're talking about Disney + Star Wars money here. (You see...you see what I did there? Tongue) The bantha horns I can let slide because a) costuming a bunch of elephants ain't cheap (unless those were all CG) and b) not many people pay attention or even know about bantha horns. But people do pay attention to Ahsoka, especially how she has grown and developed. And the shows have put a lot of focus on her over the years. Now I also noticed this the other day, while looking at images of Shaak Ti: they made he lekku slightly shorter in TFU from their movie length. <gasp> But it took me years to notice because they still looked appropriate length for an adult. Also, they designed her to have them tied back behind her shoulders. There was something they could have done to keep them out of Rosario's way.

Sidenote: We made it through E2 last night, and mom had the exact same thought I did at the spider scene: "This is too Harry Potter."

Maybe if I ever write my fantasy series, I'll have to send it to you and see what you think. I've got details upon details on the most randomest of things. It'd be fun to hear your thoughts.
Sounds like you're thinking Tolkien-level epic. But give the details purpose.

By definition, irks can not be satisfied by explanations  Grin
Silence, Jedi. Sith are......having a "civil" discussion. Yeah that.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: