Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 55059 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2019, 10:41:24 PM »

Favreau played another Mando?

Yes. Obviously not Vizla, but he played a "heavy infantry" character I believe it was called. I only knew because of his voice, and I don't think many other people have realized it yet.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2019, 11:10:48 PM »

Yes. Obviously not Vizla, but he played a "heavy infantry" character I believe it was called. I only knew because of his voice, and I don't think many other people have realized it yet.

That's cool... Gina Cerano show up yet?

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2019, 12:49:34 AM »

That's cool... Gina Cerano show up yet?

Nope not yet. I suspect probably Chapter 4.

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2019, 02:34:44 AM »

Yeah I totally didn’t realize it was him but I was so caught up in the story I wasn’t really paying attention to the voices.

Not only was the part where he gave him the knob cool but when he started to leave before getting the yoda. When he touched the knob getting ready to take off and that was what finalized his decision.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2019, 08:27:17 AM »

Yes. Obviously not Vizla

So I need to correct this statement. Favreau obviously did not play Pre Vizla. The character's name is Paz Vizla. So he did play a Vizla again, which is really cool.

Yeah I totally didn’t realize it was him but I was so caught up in the story I wasn’t really paying attention to the voices.

Not only was the part where he gave him the knob cool but when he started to leave before getting the yoda. When he touched the knob getting ready to take off and that was what finalized his decision.

Also, yep.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »

So I need to correct this statement. Favreau obviously did not play Pre Vizla. The character's name is Paz Vizla. So he did play a Vizla again, which is really cool.

That is cool.  So...Pre Vizla's son? Nephew? 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2019, 08:14:49 PM »

That is cool.  So...Pre Vizla's son? Nephew? 

I don't know yet. So far he is just a member of Clan Vizla.

Golden Fedora
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 564

The Grey Prophet

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2019, 07:38:45 PM »

I don't know yet. So far he is just a member of Clan Vizla.

Also, just another little nod to the Vizla's, when our Mando was getting his next bounty, the quarry was on Carlac, which was the planet that the Death Watch had their base on in S4 & 5 of TCW.

And I knew Jon Favreau was the heavy infantry dude even though I had not read/seen anything beforehand, I recognized him because of the voice he used. I'm rather proud of myself for that.

"Easy is the path to wisdom for those only not blinded by themselves."

-Broadside

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2019, 09:16:25 PM »

Basically the fact that Jon Favreau directed Iron Man was referenced in this episode. I actually really liked it though.

How do you figure this is a rip off. Favreau already had a hand in SW: he was the voice of Pre Viszla.

I did find the Iron Man-esque fly-by salute to be a bit campy, but screw it. What really bugged me was this:

Anybody else notice this useless relic propped up in the alley on his return trip to the Imp hideout?

Ok, so you were aware. I had to explain the why he sounded like Pre to someone last night.

I was exceptionally pissed at the disgusting overuse and idiotic operation of the tracking fobs. Ok, the bounty has been claimed, so why the #$%& does every asshole in the bar start getting pinged when the dead job is now on the move? Also, why did they make such a big deal about the Mando being offered the baby Yoda job if EVERYBODY tried to collect? I thought the plot device was contrived and stupid.

I'm also not impressed with this whole BS of not removing the helmet. "It is the way."

You don't kno da wae.

We've seen Mandos take their helmets off left and right.

Two things I was beyond happy about in this episode.

1) THIS

<chanting> ICE CREAM! ICE CREAM! ICE CREAM! ICE CREAM! ICE CREAM!

When I first read the backstory of Wilrow Hood and that thing under his arm being "a database of Rebel names" I wanted to puke. But now that it has officially been made a containment device, I am gleefully happy. Grin

But that's not all.....

What kind of healing baths?

SAY IT WITH ME NOW......TWĪ - LEK! It took me a while to identify the emotion that I experienced, it having been so long since I've associated it with Star Wars. JOY. I was giddy. I cackled for a solid 5min.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2019, 09:47:39 PM »

I'm usually not terribly jaded or cynical but its a refresher to have something in Star Wars thats legitimately cute and not just puppy eyes on a stuffed animal. Baby Yoda must be protected at all costs.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2019, 09:54:47 PM »

I was actually referencing the smart missiles and the flyby, but yes I did miss the "brace" that was sitting in the alley. Nice catch.

Side note: i'm irked by the glasses being worn in the Episode. You would think that if they have spaceships, blasters, lightsabers and the Force, they could correct bad vision or have ocular adaptation, unless they're "smart glasses" or some such.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2019, 11:21:53 PM »

I did find the Iron Man-esque fly-by salute to be a bit campy, but screw it. What really bugged me was this:

The fly-by was the Iron Man reference I was referring to.

The tracking fob thing still annoys me as well, but whatever.

Side note: i'm irked by the glasses being worn in the Episode. You would think that if they have spaceships, blasters, lightsabers and the Force, they could correct bad vision or have ocular adaptation, unless they're "smart glasses" or some such.

Agreed. The glasses annoyed me as well. Not that I have anything against someone having poor eyesight or anything, they just looked off in a SW production.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2019, 11:52:01 PM »

I enjoyed the Iron Man reference used in the fly by from Pre Vizsla

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 06:01:06 PM »

I was actually referencing the smart missiles and the flyby, but yes I did miss the "brace" that was sitting in the alley. Nice catch.
Ah. I didn't even relate the....what were they..."whispering birds"? (Looked up, Whistling Birds)....to IM's micro-Macross-missiles. But now that you mention it.

Wouldn't be the first time. I remember reading that the podracer Clegg Holdfast wore a HUD visor that linked up with his pod. And almost every pilot in that scene was wearing eye protection. Considering the nature of a doctor's work, perhaps they are 'smart', or auto dim for like laser surgery.

Plus don't forget these gems:

Glasses/corrective lenses aren't a new thing, just rare.

Also....have you ever seen Hondo without his "goggles"? Makes me think he's really hiding the fact that he needs glasses by having them made into cool goggles. More pirate-y.

I enjoyed the Iron Man reference used in the fly by from Pre Vizsla
That's Paz

The tracking fob thing still annoys me as well, but whatever.
I'm so glad it's not just me.

Also...how long until I can start posting these memes in MEMES?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 06:51:04 PM »

WOW! I'm the first to comment on last week's show? Eerie.

It's a shocker, but I'm actually enjoying this show the further it goes.

First things first.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!

This plus the penchant for mischief has me thinking that despite his diminutive stature, "baby" is a misnomer. He's capable of feeding himself as well as being able to reason out that he doesn't want to listen, especially evident that he never stays put when told. Odds are looking better and better that his lack of speech is due to the species' communication through the Force.

Always a pleasure seeing Gina Grin.

And even though I thought the character was a little forced, at the same time it worked. I was particularly happy that even though they were depicting yet another female badass rebel (and in this case Rebel) loaner, she wasn't invincible. She took as many hits as she dished out. My only gripe about that fight was....and I don't who you are or how badass...you punch beskar, you're breaking a hand. Although, I will concede that I could use a second viewing to gather more details.

The Lothcat. Despite hating all things Lothal, I have to admit that I appreciated the subtlety of this Easter egg, as well as how well the cartoon was translated into live action.

I've got mixed feelings on what is appearing to be overuse of OT species. In the first episode we had a group of Nikto with a smattering of Klaatu. And now the incantation is completed again with the attacking Barada. On the one hand I'm happy they're not rolling out fistfuls of new species every week, but I would like to see more species that didn't have standout scenes in the first 6. Or better yet...I would like to see more "neighborhoods" in the galaxy. Basically you don't see large groups of species (except humans...cuz them critters get e'rywher) out too far from their homeworld, at least not without some mass migration or in the case of Jawas, relocation.

I didn't like the lack of originality of naming the giant blue krill....."krill".

I was initially pissed when I saw the red eyes on the AT-ST, but after I thought about it, it made really good sense. Red is a good low light illumination for inside the cockpit that wouldn't obscure the pilot and gunner's night vision for looking out the portholes. It also had the added bonus terror level considering the dark environment.

How long until this is a reality?

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: