Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 54996 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2019, 05:13:03 PM »

I always took this to mean he was going to drastically cut his thrust, not that the F-14 had brakes.

FUN FACT! Most aircraft *do* have brakes of kind! Airbrakes are a kind of flap that deploy perpendicular to the air-stream to drastically reduce speed

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w01jrFK_Pnk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w01jrFK_Pnk</a>

This video showcases the brakes on the F-14 airframe

I also really appreciated the Tusken's depiction. Reminded me of Kotor. Especially the line "Tuskens see themselves as the natives - everyone else is a trespasser"

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2019, 05:44:53 PM »

I didn't know about the Top Gun thing, but in the Old canon, Boba Fett used this same move on IG-88 using inertial dampeners (or some other random science jargon) That's what I thought he did, and that would work better than brakes because there's still inertia in space.
Inertial dampers are what keep you from flying into a bulkhead every time there is a shift in the momentum of a ship. (Provided that you aren't already strapped in.) Thrust, thus far, is the only tried and true method of maneuvering in space.

FUN FACT! Most aircraft *do* have brakes of kind! Airbrakes are a kind of flap that deploy perpendicular to the air-stream to drastically reduce speed
I stand corrected/reminded. HOWEVER, such a device would still not work in space. Wink What's truly remarkable about such a device is that it takes a surprisingly small area to have a tremendous effect.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2019, 10:35:28 PM »

Inertial dampers are what keep you from flying into a bulkhead every time there is a shift in the momentum of a ship. (Provided that you aren't already strapped in.) Thrust, thus far, is the only tried and true method of maneuvering in space.
I stand corrected/reminded. HOWEVER, such a device would still not work in space. Wink What's truly remarkable about such a device is that it takes a surprisingly small area to have a tremendous effect.

I have no real problems with the space combat..........other than the guy who was shooting at the Mando was either very green in space combat, or a moron..............or both. Mando's one shot kill is easy to explain. Better weaponry and better made or up armored ship.

I keep going back to a 90's sci-fi show and their kinetic combat..................Babylon 5. The Starfuries worked on the same flight principles used in this episode we're discussing.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2019, 02:09:21 AM »

I keep going back to a 90's sci-fi show and their kinetic combat..................Babylon 5. The Starfuries worked on the same flight principles used in this episode we're discussing.
I loved B5, and still watch it.  But I keep going back to the fact that this is a sci-fi show and everything doesn't have to make "scientific sense" just "narrative sense".  Heck, if everything in sci-fi had to make "scientific sense" then all sci-fi would be a joke.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #94 on: December 13, 2019, 04:39:50 PM »

I have no real problems with the space combat..........other than the guy who was shooting at the Mando was either very green in space combat, or a moron..............or both. Mando's one shot kill is easy to explain. Better weaponry and better made or up armored ship.

I watched, yet again, last night. This time I paid better attention to the size of Mando's forward blasters: they big. So a direct hit (assuming that the fighter's shields were all front) would totally annihilate that craft.

Speaking of blasters: I love how blaster shots leave the target smoking/steaming from the heat of the laser being dissipated. Even when Mando took that direct hit to the chest.

POINTS! I was going to reference this but didn't remember what they were called. I loved the attention to astrophysics that was applied to this craft. Every maneuver was the result of a thruster.

I loved B5, and still watch it.  But I keep going back to the fact that this is a sci-fi show and everything doesn't have to make "scientific sense" just "narrative sense".  Heck, if everything in sci-fi had to make "scientific sense" then all sci-fi would be a joke.

Doesn't ALL have to make sense, but it's been my experience that when you pay attention to what details can be properly managed, the bigger suspensions of disbelief are easier to make.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #95 on: December 13, 2019, 08:06:43 PM »

This joke about the legendary accuracy of stormtroopers  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2019, 08:13:42 PM »

Think you're in the wrong thread.

Sig by For Tyeth

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2019, 08:18:10 PM »

Think you're in the wrong thread.

I spoke about a kind of joke early in ep.6

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2019, 09:35:26 PM »

Just finished watching episode 6 for the 2nd time. I really really liked this one. They really thought this one out.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2019, 02:27:10 AM »

I know. That was so perfectly timed. I actually really liked this episode. I think it had the best Cameos of any so far. I do wish Matt Lanter could have had a bigger role. I'd love to see him go on and do something big in Live Action SW. There was just so much about this episode I loved. I feel like it was far stronger than the previous two.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2019, 04:26:30 AM »

I busted out laughing when Baby Yoda tries to use the force on Zero then looks at his own hand when Mando takes out Zero.  Classic! 

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2019, 06:21:59 AM »

This episode was great.... but too short!!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2019, 01:48:55 AM »

I'll be getting the talking Child plushie next year so, totally the coolest and cutest thing ever to happen so far Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2019, 09:45:35 PM »

YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I busted out laughing when Baby Yoda tries to use the force on Zero then looks at his own hand when Mando takes out Zero.  Classic! 
Word.

"DAYUM! I am frikkin AWESOME!"

Just finished watching episode 6 for the 2nd time. I really really liked this one. They really thought this one out.
I'll give it a "mostly" thought out. There were some minor issues I had with the execution, but the overall spirit of the episode was........sublime.

GRIPES:

1) The Twi'leks in general bugged me.

a) Although the purple skin was a hot look, I'm not familiar with it as canon in either case. My only conclusion is that it's the simplistic result of the pairing of Rutian and Lethan Twi'leks.
  b) I thought the lekku on both were too short for their age, unless short lekku are a family trait.
  c) What's with the vampire fangs? For that matter, what's with the vampire act? Both of them act like generic TV vampires. They even looked like generic TV vampires.
  d) What happened to Twi'leks (in general) being exceptionally attractive as a species.? Qin was particularly ugly. The end credit concept art got it right; both of them were beautiful.

2) I've done a little research, and no where in either canon does it describe Devaronians as fireproof.

3) Cool as it was to see X-wings kicking ass, did anyone else think their attack was a little fascist? It was all based on assumptions.

4) Why would you have a distress beacon in a remote? Undecided I know it ended up kicking ass, but it was a bit weak as a plot device.

5) You guys seriously had to recycle the droid from ep. 3 to make Zero?

6) How are the guard droids blaster proof one minute, then not as well as susceptible to knife attack?

7) How does one ship dock hard enough that the occupants are shaken, and the other ship doesn't raise a red flag?

8.) The movie throwbacks were awful in this episode.
   a) the Ardennian
   b) the reuse of Jinn's blaster
   c) the reference to Canto Bight {me}
   d) the Gungan reference
   e) the Rogue class starfighter.......(citing but not complaining)
   f) zero using the same carbine as Boba

Alright, enough of that. Time for

SQUEES:

1) The cast: Bill Burr, Clancy Brown, Natalia Tena, Mark Boone Jr., Matt Lanter (despite the lame character). Fun fact: Bill Burr is actually a stand up comedian
2) The Meme drop. Love it.
3) The overall vibe and pacing of the story. Despite my many minute gripes, this episode left me with an exceptional feeling of satisfaction.
4) The lead-ins to Mando's past.

I'll be getting the talking Child plushie next year so, totally the coolest and cutest thing ever to happen so far Tongue
I'm curious how they make a talking plushie of a character that doesn't...........talk. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2019, 09:57:47 PM »

'm curious how they make a talking plushie of a character that doesn't...........talk. Undecided

When you squeeze it, Its just Mando's exasperated sigh /s

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: