Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 54983 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2019, 07:01:47 PM »

I was initially pissed when I saw the red eyes on the AT-ST, but after I thought about it, it made really good sense. Red is a good low light illumination for inside the cockpit that wouldn't obscure the pilot and gunner's night vision for looking out the portholes. It also had the added bonus terror level considering the dark environment.

The more I think about that scene the more I think that AT-ST was fitted with a Droid core.  Not only did we get a couple good shots of the cockpit (which seemed empty from the angles we got) it acted like it was on its own accord rather than being piloted, it "looking" down at the pond and moving its foot back looked less like an input and more like a reaction.

Can confirm though, general aviation pilots actually specifically buy red tinted flashlights for nightflights for the very reason you listed!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2767

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2019, 07:32:42 PM »

The more I think about that scene the more I think that AT-ST was fitted with a Droid core.  Not only did we get a couple good shots of the cockpit (which seemed empty from the angles we got) it acted like it was on its own accord rather than being piloted, it "looking" down at the pond and moving its foot back looked less like an input and more like a reaction.

Can confirm though, general aviation pilots actually specifically buy red tinted flashlights for nightflights for the very reason you listed!
As far as not seeing pilot/gunner, think about any movie scene with this kind of lighting, and recall the overall lack of detail. It is my belief that we simply couldn't (or weren't supposed to) make out the details of occupants.

The behavior suggests (to me) a sentient pilot. It bypassed the the need to support the main force in order to annihilate a single opponent of unknown potential threat. This doesn't strike me as a droid thought process.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2019, 10:01:42 PM »

To me, i'd have to point out there's another movie that had a semi-sentient mecha that had tough decisions to make:

ED-209 from Robo-cop.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2019, 05:40:12 PM »

To me, i'd have to point out there's another movie that had a semi-sentient mecha that had tough decisions to make:

ED-209 from Robo-cop.
In my mind, considering the rag-tag nature of these bandits, it is unlikely that they would have such a high end piece of tech.

I rewatched last night. Most of the camera angles of the walker's "face" were such that the crew wouldn't be seen anyway. But one shot in particular didn't show anyone in there. I'm thoroughly opposed to the idea of a "droid core" for several reasons.

1) The Imperial AT-ST was piloted by direct sight. The "eyes" are windows, not sensors. A droid brain would have required a sensor package, and most likely would have been noticeable.
2) Somebody (I believe it was Cara) shot it in the "eye", tripping it up. It would be highly convenient that a shot like that would have actually damaged a primary drive system at that angle. More likely it scared the piss out of the pilot who bumped the controls.
3) If this actually was what they did, it's another fine example of Disney regime idiocy and shoehorning in crap to fit a weak narrative while trying way too hard to be edgy. I'm trying to stay positive and like this show.
4) All the toys depict at least one occupant (pilot). Tongue

I found it kinda creepy that the widow is that eager to fall in love with him. Unless it was lost in the time lapse. I think he was there for a couple of weeks, but I'm having a hard time braining today.

Also.....What......the......#$%&.......? We're doing mercenaries with cheek cheers now?

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Walker originally had two occupants. When Cara shot into the window, I think the shot disintegrated one of the pilots scaring the other like Logos said. I mean, if my copilot just poofed into dust, I'd freak out too.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »

Also.....What......the......#$%&.......? We're doing mercenaries with cheek cheers now?

Its the Rebel Symbol...Military more often than not get tattoos of their branch/unit.  Plus..think about the "balls" to do that.  She was openly declaring her loyalty to the Rebellion.

But...I just popped in real quick from my hiatus to inform everyone........ BABY YODA MERCH IS UP FOR PREORDER!!!!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/107975

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2019, 09:24:31 PM »

I'm pretty sure the Walker originally had two occupants. When Cara shot into the window, I think the shot disintegrated one of the pilots scaring the other like Logos said. I mean, if my copilot just poofed into dust, I'd freak out too.
Good call +1. I forgot she was using that vaporizor stick.

Its the Rebel Symbol...Military more often than not get tattoos of their branch/unit.  Plus..think about the "balls" to do that.  She was openly declaring her loyalty to the Rebellion.
I know that, but the tiny thing on her cheek? I thought it was a mole until I saw the POP! Vinyl. UGH. I'd have been better with it being big and on her upper arm instead of the ambiguous....whatever rectangles.

But...I just popped in real quick from my hiatus to inform everyone........ BABY YODA MERCH IS UP FOR PREORDER!!!!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/107975
Yeah. Cry Waiting till after the New Year restock. Also, that thing looks like a green cabbage Patch Kid with big ears.

But I did find my ugly Christmas Sweater.

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2019, 09:54:51 PM »

With the AT-ST being operated via manned or droid, it doesn't matter to me storywise, but I would tend to go with manned, per the reasons stated by others. Especially since how the AT-ST reacted to the water trap. I was waiting for it to try and go around it, because obviously it could not see the bottom.

I threw the ED-209 reference in, basically to get the reaction I got.

About the widow. We don't know her backstory and I wonder if there will be one or not. Since she's more than proficient shooting wise, there's all sorts of background they could throw on her. Time will tell I guess.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:42 PM »

About the widow. We don't know her backstory and I wonder if there will be one or not. Since she's more than proficient shooting wise, there's all sorts of background they could throw on her. Time will tell I guess.
I know. I voiced Mando's internal monologue while watching her shoot: "I want to have her babies."

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2019, 10:17:06 PM »

I know. I voiced Mando's internal monologue while watching her shoot: "I want to have her babies."

Point for that, it made me laugh.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »

I know that, but the tiny thing on her cheek? I thought it was a mole until I saw the POP! Vinyl. UGH. I'd have been better with it being big and on her upper arm instead of the ambiguous....whatever rectangles.

I think with having it on her face it drove home the point she wasn't hiding her allegiance during the GCW.  A tat on the arm could be covered with armor or clothing...but face tats are much more obvious.  But...more than likely it was "Hot Bad Ass with Cute Tattoo on face." Mentality.    But its Gina so I can let it slide Tongue

My "Head Canon"  is she is the daughter of one of the Clones that left to lead normal lives.

Ok..  Am I alone in thinking Favreau should be the one to Bring an Old Republic show/film to life....  Funny to think the guy who played Daredevils friend (Foggy) in the Affleck film would go on to Begin the MCU.... the biggest film franchise since Star Wars.  Then go on to breath life back into Star Wars itself.  Making some of the first new content under Disney that isn't hugely divisive....yet.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2019, 03:59:40 PM »

I think with having it on her face it drove home the point she wasn't hiding her allegiance during the GCW.  A tat on the arm could be covered with armor or clothing...but face tats are much more obvious.  But...more than likely it was "Hot Bad Ass with Cute Tattoo on face." Mentality.    But it's Gina so I can let it slide Tongue
Also true. BUT I'm with the consensus that face tats outside of tribal reasons are lame. Besides, as I stated, it was SO small that I easily mistook it for a mole. So what's the point? If you're gonna show your balls through dedication, go bigger.

My "Head Canon"  is she is the daughter of one of the Clones that left to lead normal lives.
Please no.

Ok..  Am I alone in thinking Favreau should be the one to Bring an Old Republic show/film to life....  Funny to think the guy who played Daredevil's friend (Foggy) in the Affleck film would go on to Begin the MCU.... the biggest film franchise since Star Wars.  Then go on to breathe life back into Star Wars itself.  Making some of the first new content under Disney that isn't hugely divisive....yet.
We'll put him on the short list of candidates. Part of me wants to see what Joss Whedon could do with it. Oh hell, let's go nuts with MCU directors; we'll get Branaugh to do it. Grin

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2019, 05:53:30 PM »

Please no.
We'll put him on the short list of candidates. Part of me wants to see what Joss Whedon could do with it. Oh hell, let's go nuts with MCU directors; we'll get Branaugh to do it. Grin

Whats wrong with her being the child of a clone......

Branaugh: Yes.  Whedon: No.   I know it Geek Heresy but I am not a fan of Joss Whedon. 

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »

Whats wrong with her being the child of a clone......
Cuz I'm reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy tired of every little thing being tied to something from the past movies or shows. Like Snap is Wedge's step son.

Branaugh: Yes.  Whedon: No.   I know it Geek Heresy but I am not a fan of Joss Whedon. 
Because?...

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2019, 07:58:32 PM »

Cuz I'm reeeeaaaalllllyyyyy tired of every little thing being tied to something from the past movies or shows. Like Snap is Wedge's step son.
Because?...

It depends for me.  That is just JJ Abrams giving his  buddy a big Star Wars fantasy.  But a Clone going way out in the middle of know where to live a peaceful life isn't far fetched nor him having Children.  As well, again IMO, the more it ties back the better.  I want those connections because they already shown me they can't much with anything new.

Because... I just don't find the majority of his work...good.  A few gems here and there but overall.....not. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: