Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31   Go Down
Author Topic: The Mandalorian *SPOILERS* Discussion Thread  (Read 54714 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #360 on: December 03, 2020, 10:35:54 PM »

I started watching S2 with mother last night. I won't deny your comments came back to mind looking at the generic look of the bantha. And I will admit, it struck. They are looking for ways to make a weekly thing that tells a story on a TV budget. However, TV is not as low-brow as it once was. And streaming TV shows, depending on what they are, can get stupid huge budgets. I mean, c'mon....we're talking about Disney + Star Wars money here. (You see...you see what I did there? Tongue) The bantha horns I can let slide because a) costuming a bunch of elephants ain't cheap (unless those were all CG) and b) not many people pay attention or even know about bantha horns. But people do pay attention to Ahsoka, especially how she has grown and developed. And the shows have put a lot of focus on her over the years. Now I also noticed this the other day, while looking at images of Shaak Ti: they made he lekku slightly shorter in TFU from their movie length. <gasp> But it took me years to notice because they still looked appropriate length for an adult. Also, they designed her to have them tied back behind her shoulders. There was something they could have done to keep them out of Rosario's way.

Yes, TV isn't as "looked down" upon as it once was but an unknown entity is still not going to get tons of resources thrown at it.  I hate to sound like a broken record ,but it is vital to the point, that Mando Season 2 was finishing up post earlier this year as Mando Merch started selling.  Studios will generally give something high profile like this 2 seasons (especially when known money makers like Filoni and Faverau are involved) to hit and then go from there.  I think its obvious its a hit so I am certain without a doubt Mando Season 3 is going have a much bigger budget.  From what I gathered they worked a long time on how to make the Lekku work not just with length but weight.  I went back and watched EP II just to make sure I was right and Shakk Ti was never shown fighting (I was) but when Yoda Arrives and the Jedi are seen boarding the transport the actress has to be helped up to it.  While it worked and seemed natural you could tell the head piece was weighing her down.  Its one of those production nightmares, over complicated costuming that Lucas just loves.  But I agree...Shakk Ti's outfit in TFU was....interesting. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #361 on: December 04, 2020, 12:14:11 AM »

Sounds like you're thinking Tolkien-level epic. But give the details purpose.

I don't think I will ever reach Tolkien-level, but that is kinda what I'm going for. And yes, the details mush serve a purpose. Of course some of it is just world-building and fleshing out the society(s), but there wont be random things that are just there because I wanted them to be there. They will all make sense (hopefully).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #362 on: December 04, 2020, 03:45:11 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6j9QqkaQE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6j9QqkaQE</a>

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #363 on: December 04, 2020, 08:32:54 AM »

HOLY FREAKING BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #364 on: December 04, 2020, 08:56:05 AM »

Silence, Jedi. Sith are......having a "civil" discussion. Yeah that.

Ok, Robert Rodriguez for this S02E06 ...

Gun fight !!!!  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #365 on: December 04, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »

What'd you think Seb? Good or bad episode?

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #366 on: December 04, 2020, 09:33:21 AM »

What'd you think Seb? Good or bad episode?

I loved it .... but How Bobba can be right here, right now on Tython ?? I know that there is mystery in the galaxy ... but I really do not understand how he could knew that Mando was on his way to Tython ...

Someone has to explain Tongue

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #367 on: December 04, 2020, 09:35:22 AM »

I loved it .... but How Bobba can be right here, right now on Tython ?? I know that there is mystery in the galaxy ... but I really do not understand how he could knew that Mando was on his way to Tython ...

I'm thinking he tracked his armor. That makes the most sense.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #368 on: December 04, 2020, 09:44:13 AM »

I'm thinking he tracked his armor. That makes the most sense.

Maybe ...

But let's not focus on that ...

I loved this episode ... very pleasant to watch. The team that is created to save Grogu is amazing ... can not wait for next week Tongue

And can not wait to know if someone received Grogu's message Tongue

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #369 on: December 04, 2020, 12:33:55 PM »

I mean...its Boba Fett.  Both the old EU and Current canon make it clear he's one of the best Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy.

A short episode and while its not "filler" its definitely a "set up" episode.  It made Boba actually Bad Ass.  I know many have always seen him as such but I wasn't one of them.  I hope he keeps the robe look with his armor (defines it a bit more).  We get an answer to if Jango was Mando or not.  The child seemed like he really wanted the Dark Saber.  Maybe the memory of any saber training he received.   Big Question.....who will answer his call.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #370 on: December 04, 2020, 01:12:18 PM »

I mean...its Boba Fett.  Both the old EU and Current canon make it clear he's one of the best Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy.

A short episode and while its not "filler" its definitely a "set up" episode.  It made Boba actually Bad Ass.  I know many have always seen him as such but I wasn't one of them.  I hope he keeps the robe look with his armor (defines it a bit more).  We get an answer to if Jango was Mando or not.  The child seemed like he really wanted the Dark Saber.  Maybe the memory of any saber training he received.   Big Question.....who will answer his call.

THE question that will make us discussing about hypotheses and theories during the next 8 months  Grin

Metal Mech
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -84

Dark Force points please.

« Reply #371 on: December 04, 2020, 01:12:31 PM »

Good lord I can’t win haha. So I decided to avoid this thread until I watched the new episode. Still am, I haven’t actually read any new posts in here just blindly making this reply.
Still accidentally saw a spoiler for today’s episode on the internet cause there was no warning and I clicked on it to see what it was. It was in a “news feed” and wasn’t even labels that it was from the show. Just gonna start avoiding the internet all together on Friday’s. That or just start calling off so I can stay home and watch haha.

Wishlist
Project Replica: Specter w/ Diamond Controller 36" HD Blade
Project Dark Twins: x2 Dark Initiate LE v5 Stunt Tri-AS 24” HD Blade
Project Silver Saber: Lost Grey v4 Obsidian AS w/GB FoC 32" HD Blade

Sent back for upgrade.
Empress v4 Sound Tri-AS 32” HD Blade

Collection
Customized Saber: Dark Mantis Emerald v3 Obsidian 37” V4 Blade (mods in progress)
Practice Saber: Dark Sentinel LE v4 Stunt BR 32”HD Blade

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #372 on: December 04, 2020, 03:05:13 PM »

Ok, watching it for the 2nd Times Tongue

During the gun fight, the stormtroopers miss all their shots (as usual) .... and suddenly, they all hit Mando ....  Grin

SirLiftaLot
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 134

« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2020, 04:05:55 PM »

This. Boba was awesome here, and it's nice to see him with some impressive live-action feats to back up his cultural reputation and appreciation.

Now my question is will Mando try to get Ahsoka's help? Ahsoka said she was unwilling to teach Grogu for fear of him turning to the dark side, but I'd imagine it would be much greater potential, or at least much more imminent danger to literally have him in the hands of the bad guys. Or is Ahsoka already off doing her own thing relating to Thrawn?

I get that we don't need/want it to be the Avengers where every single living big-name character alive at the time teams up, but I'd think that Ahsoka already having left on Thrawn-related business would be the only logical explanation for her not helping to save Grogu.

Either way, this was one hell of an episode.

"He who conquers himself is greater than another who conquers a thousand times a thousand men."

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own." -Bruce Lee

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #374 on: December 04, 2020, 04:30:39 PM »

One (last ?) little thing.

Tython is in the Deep Core in the Legend UE ... I understood that in the new Canon, the planet is now in the Outer Rim (I refer to what Fennec Shand said that she is surprised that the Empire is here as the New Republic controls the Outer Rim )...

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: