Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Sentinel LE V4 Review  (Read 3833 times)
Sensual_Mustache
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« on: November 15, 2019, 02:18:02 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEi9AozRS4&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QEi9AozRS4&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

I just recently got the Dark Sentinel LE V5 out of a mystery box and man am I impressed. This is my first saber. I've been using it to duel against my other friends who have ultrasabers and it is perfect and right in its element in a duel. I am so happy with this and glad that I made the leap towards UltraSabers.

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:02:39 AM by Karmack » Logged

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:26:52 AM »

The US lightsaber in the video is actually a Dark Sentinel LE v4 with windows. The Dark Sentinel v5 is very different looking in the blade retention area.

Here's a sample pic with 3 different v5 lightsabers: a Sentinel LE v5, a Dark Sentinel LE v5 and an Apprentice v5.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 02:35:36 AM »

Hey there, SM. The Dark Sentinel LE V4 is great, love it with that CG blade. I have twin LE V4s myself that I use for spinning. Love them

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 03:36:28 AM »

Hey there, SM. The Dark Sentinel LE V4 is great, love it with that CG blade. I have twin LE V4s myself that I use for spinning. Love them
I couldn't agree more^^

I LOVE my v4 Sentinels  Smiley

Thusly:

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Sensual_Mustache
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 04:44:32 AM »

Oh crap you guys are right. My bad I was in such a rush to get this post out. I screwed up the gen in my posting. This is a great saber however and has been doing an awesome job for the kendo based fighting a group ive put together have been doing. Would any of you happen to know how to take the emitter off to access the LED? Or do I have to pull everything through the pommel?

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 05:02:15 AM »

Hello Sensual M,

Congrats on a really nice saber, that was one of hilts I looked to get about a year ago. And I was gonna get it in Consular Green too. Unfortunately real life issues cropped up so I'm a little short of funds now and haven't pulled the trigger on getting one yet.

Anyway I hope yours serves you long and well and thanks for sharing it with us!

point on it's way to you.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 09:38:36 PM »

Oh crap you guys are right. My bad I was in such a rush to get this post out. I screwed up the gen in my posting. This is a great saber however and has been doing an awesome job for the kendo based fighting a group i've put together have been doing. Would any of you happen to know how to take the emitter off to access the LED? Or do I have to pull everything through the pommel?

The easiest way to access the LED module is to remove the blade, point the emitter towards the ground and tap on the end of the pommel and eventually the module should be accessible, since the wires from the battery to switch to led should be long enough.  If the LED module is stuck, other forum members have suggested using something long, like a chopstick, and push from the pommel end, after removing said pommel, battery pack/sound card/proto chassis to gently push on the module until it pops out the emitter end.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Sensual_Mustache
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »

Hello Sensual M,

Congrats on a really nice saber, that was one of hilts I looked to get about a year ago. And I was gonna get it in Consular Green too. Unfortunately real life issues cropped up so I'm a little short of funds now and haven't pulled the trigger on getting one yet.

Anyway I hope yours serves you long and well and thanks for sharing it with us!

point on it's way to you.
Thank you so much! I understand the real life issues with funds. I wish you plentiful funds and exquisite sabers!

Sensual_Mustache
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »

The easiest way to access the LED module is to remove the blade, point the emitter towards the ground and tap on the end of the pommel and eventually the module should be accessible, since the wires from the battery to switch to led should be long enough.  If the LED module is stuck, other forum members have suggested using something long, like a chopstick, and push from the pommel end, after removing said pommel, battery pack/sound card/proto chassis to gently push on the module until it pops out the emitter end.
Got it out! Thank you!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2019, 02:03:34 AM »

Oh crap you guys are right. My bad I was in such a rush to get this post out. I screwed up the gen in my posting. This is a great saber however and has been doing an awesome job for the kendo based fighting a group ive put together have been doing. Would any of you happen to know how to take the emitter off to access the LED? Or do I have to pull everything through the pommel?

Fixed that for ya.   :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2019, 11:41:40 AM »

I couldn't agree more^^

I LOVE my v4 Sentinels  Smiley

Thusly:

OMG! I love your set!  +3

Sensual_Mustache
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

Fixed that for ya.   :-)
You've restored balance to this post

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 12:07:58 AM »

OMG! I love your set!  +3
Thanks Infinit01!

Much obliged sir  Smiley   US's Sentinel sabers are some of the best, both in form as well as function  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 12:50:28 AM »

Thank you so much! I understand the real life issues with funds. I wish you plentiful funds and exquisite sabers!

Hi again, and thanks but I don't think my finances are going to improve any time soon...however I do still have a Sentinel LE v4 in my collection in a way...I built one in a 3D modelling package!...

And again enjoy your real Sentinel and I'll chat again soon. Sorry if I upset the balance guys!

point to Sensual_Mustache.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »

Excellent 1st saber! Mystery boxes are great. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Thanks for sharing your video. We live for that kind of stuff. So,do you have your eye on any other sabers? (Of course you do)

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: