Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi: Fallen Order - Spoiler free!  (Read 19546 times)
PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2020, 07:00:09 PM »

just got Fallen Order along with an Xbox 1 X and yelped when Cal came on screen and I finally realize where US got their "Fallen" saber from... yeah, late to the party.
Trying to play on Jedi Master, but getting a little tired of respawning every 30 seconds.... probably will demote myself to padawan (or whatever is 'easy story mode' soon.

Theres

Padawan (Easy)
Knight (Normal)
Master (Hard)
Grandmaster (Do you like Dark Souls?)

Luke Moonwalker
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 03:58:49 AM »

Can you unlock different characters to play with in fallen order like you could in the force unleashed?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »

Can you unlock different characters to play with in fallen order like you could in the force unleashed?

No, throughout the game you play only as Cal Kestis. However, in New Game + you can use a dark side outfit for Cal

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2020, 09:32:18 AM »

No, throughout the game you play only as Cal Kestis. However, in New Game + you can use a dark side outfit for Cal
Ah! I didn't know about the outfit.
I still don't know if I'll replay it though. I enjoyed it, but for me it lacked more in depth exchanges with the pnj crew. Same story, with kotor like discussions with the crew would be the dream for me.

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2020, 08:51:48 PM »

Just bought myself a copy, guess I'll read through everything here and post something after I've played a bit... I can't wait to break into it. I've heard nothing but good things and it sounds like my kinda game.

Kudos on making a "spoiler free" thread PsychoSith.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2020, 09:23:16 PM »

Just bought myself a copy, guess I'll read through everything here and post something after I've played a bit... I can't wait to break into it. I've heard nothing but good things and it sounds like my kinda game.

Kudos on making a "spoiler free" thread PsychoSith.

Happy to help!

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2021, 11:18:54 PM »

Finally got into this, must say it's pretty good so far, maybe a bit clunky and I'm not a fan of the checkpoint respawn system, I prefer systems like Tomb Raider / Batman with frequent check points where you don't lose anything, it would be nice if you could choose the type of save system you like, checkpoint or the respawn, all about the choice. Compared to the last game i played tomb raider it feels slower in terms of the platforming bits, the puzzles are generally good though, still dislike it when you don't have a component ability you need - i'm sure i will backtrack later but it feels a bit of a a cheap way of recycling locations (same criticism of tomb raider/Batman games). But really those few gripes are common to other games so nothing terminal.  It's like Uncharted/Batman with lightsabers in my view and that is a good thing, the aethetic and environments re especially good (though one wonders how practical the layout of some of the imperial facilities/ruins really are ,they seem more designed for the game and puzzles than what a functional base etc. would really look like, again minor issue).

It's not Kotor, not the force unleashed, it is its own things and it does it well. It tantalizingly raises expectations of what a modern KOTOR like game could be.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2021, 01:53:13 AM »

Lord S Gray, I share some of your complaints/concerns overall. I'm just guessing I'm majority of the way through and nearing the end... some aspects of the game are indeed frustrating. Some in enjoyable ways, others in seemingly unnecessary ways. But definitely a more enjoyable experience than not. If I had to rate it so far, 7/10 maybe 7.5. It's been a good story, fun combat at times, and some relatively interesting environs. I agree as well, (as I've said to someone else previously) it does raise great ideas what a modern KOTOR could look like/combat mechanics could be. Although I just don't know if I trust EA with a deep-story game like that, as a remake. I mean it'd be beautiful, and the SWBF II story gives hope they COULD accomplish it possibly; but they'd incite angry lightsaber wielding mobs if they did a shameful remake of KOTOR! Although I would buy a nasty collectors edition of that release in an instant. Anyway, JFO has been worth the money and may retain some replay value for all achievements/unlocking all content like most games. At the end of the day it's succeeded in making me want to purchase a Fallen, or laugh when fighting gets intense and I ignite my own lightsaber for mood lighting/motivation to fight in earnest. The game for sure has it's moments and endearing qualities.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2021, 09:54:18 PM »

Lord S Gray, I share some of your complaints/concerns overall. I'm just guessing I'm majority of the way through and nearing the end... some aspects of the game are indeed frustrating. Some in enjoyable ways, others in seemingly unnecessary ways. But definitely a more enjoyable experience than not. If I had to rate it so far, 7/10 maybe 7.5. It's been a good story, fun combat at times, and some relatively interesting environs. I agree as well, (as I've said to someone else previously) it does raise great ideas what a modern KOTOR could look like/combat mechanics could be. Although I just don't know if I trust EA with a deep-story game like that, as a remake. I mean it'd be beautiful, and the SWBF II story gives hope they COULD accomplish it possibly; but they'd incite angry lightsaber wielding mobs if they did a shameful remake of KOTOR! Although I would buy a nasty collectors edition of that release in an instant. Anyway, JFO has been worth the money and may retain some replay value for all achievements/unlocking all content like most games. At the end of the day it's succeeded in making me want to purchase a Fallen, or laugh when fighting gets intense and I ignite my own lightsaber for mood lighting/motivation to fight in earnest. The game for sure has it's moments and endearing qualities.

Yes very fairly put a 7 is what I would probably rate it as well, its solid, shows promise but has some issue that could've been cleaned up a bit more, LOL my fav bit is still seeing Jedi Master Bra'tac. My hope is they do something a bit new if they ever do an rpg, maybe this High Republic setting, I'd love them to take some advice from both Kotor but also games since then - mass effect and dragon age.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2021, 04:07:00 AM »

Yes very fairly put a 7 is what I would probably rate it as well, its solid, shows promise but has some issue that could've been cleaned up a bit more, LOL my fav bit is still seeing Jedi Master Bra'tac. My hope is they do something a bit new if they ever do an rpg, maybe this High Republic setting, I'd love them to take some advice from both Kotor but also games since then - mass effect and dragon age.

OMG yes, glad I'm not the only one who drew the parallel between Master Bra'tac and his counterpart. I'm kind of ashamed of the fact he wasn't in anything previously if he's an IRL fan and has such a previous acting career to his credit, gotta say under used resource bordering in the DUH category. The instant I recognized him I was beyond myself. I mean who failed in casting to not have used him in a movie or tv show live action? He's got experience with a freakin staff in action sequences for years in critically acclaimed TV! Could have given the man a saberstaff and let him go to work years ago but instead we got kylo ren and fin? Launch whoever did casting out the nearest airlock and build me a time machine... make it so. Maybe a little off topic but seriously... He could play a jedi, sith, Kreia's boyfriend or her freakin mentor for all I care. Anything makes sense, but yeah great choice indeed. Shel kek nem ron.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: