Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Video Game Spoiler Talk  (Read 5627 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: November 17, 2019, 01:18:30 PM »

A place where you can feel free to discuss spoilers and hidden easter eggs from any game you are playing/have played.

[/b]

So, am doing my second play through of AC: Origins and have just killed at the Phylakes to discover that all the keys open a chest with the awesome "Hidden Ones" outfit. Previous AC games have had some nice armour you can acquire once st the sufficient level (Brutus' armour immediately springs to mind). But I think this is the best designed one yet, especially when coupled with the Final Fantasy shield and sword.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 03:43:35 PM »

For anyone playing Fallen Order: you can get the double bladed lightsaber early if you go to Dathomir early. The downside is Dathomir early is a little masochistic but its worth it for twirly-boy.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 08:49:06 PM »

For anyone playing Fallen Order: you can get the double bladed lightsaber early if you go to Dathomir early. The downside is Dathomir early is a little masochistic but its worth it for twirly-boy.

Yea..I decided to go early and got wrecked right off the ship..... so I went to Zeffo....but I might skip kayshykk and go to dathomir.  

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 08:52:15 PM »

Yea..I decided to go early and got wrecked right off the ship..... so I went to Zeffo....but I might skip kayshykk and go to dathomir

Dathomir is actually a fun planet, its just one of those "you can visit a late game area early" type deals. I did manage to get the saber first time there on Grandmaster....I died a lot.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »

Dathomir is actually a fun planet, its just one of those "you can visit a late game area early" type deals. I did manage to get the saber first time there on Grandmaster....I died a lot.

Is just aesthetics or does it add damage?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 08:59:48 PM »

Is just aesthetics or does it add damage?

EDIT, realized what you were asking.

The Saberstaff has completley different combos for the two-bladed attacks. You can toggle between 1 or 2 blades. The two bladed combos are generally faster, recoveres Force power better, but does less shot-for-shot damage. Better area control

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 09:06:44 PM »

EDIT, realized what you were asking.

The Saberstaff has completley different combos for the two-bladed attacks. You can toggle between 1 or 2 blades. The two bladed combos are generally faster, recoveres Force power better, but does less shot-for-shot damage. Better area control

Interesting. Can you switch on the fly during combat?

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 09:12:07 PM »

Interesting. Can you switch on the fly during combat?

Yes, (for console) its a simple d-pad command. Later in the game you get specific attacks that will activate-deactivate the second blade mid-combo

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 09:34:47 PM »

Yes, (for console) its a simple d-pad command. Later in the game you get specific attacks that will activate-deactivate the second blade mid-combo

Sweet!  Dathomir it is....

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 01:01:14 PM »

Just found these hints here (sorry, it's in German): https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-5-einsteiger-tipps,3351304.html

-> According to them it's possible to get the double bladed lightsaber on Bogano, too.
As soon as BD-1 has the upgrade to hack red panels a path into Edo Cordovas workshop is available.

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 05:00:11 PM »

Just found these hints here (sorry, it's in German): https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-5-einsteiger-tipps,3351304.html

-> According to them it's possible to get the double bladed lightsaber on Bogano, too.
As soon as BD-1 has the upgrade to hack red panels a path into Edo Cordovas workshop is available.

Oh!  I jus got that...I was gonna head back there anyway.  I'll check it out tonight

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 05:26:05 AM »

Yep...absolutely true....

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2019, 05:44:25 PM »

Yep...absolutely true....

I also love the fact, for the first time as far as I know, we are not limited to just single or double blade sabers for our character.  Being able to switch between the two makes for some fun combat.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »

Another aspect I love is that Kal isn't an OP character.  Like Starkiller...he's an average Jedi...which is powerful enough.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2019, 11:12:18 PM »

Need For Speed Heat is one of the best games yet. The new drifting engine is a bit weird and takes a little to get used to but I'm happy about it. NFS typically drops a new game every two years to give us time to enjoy the games and customize to our heart's content. Now, I feel that the last two to three entries of the game takes away a lot of the customization options and I mean body panel upgrades for a handful of vehicles are just limited. A few years ago, they stopped using made up parts in their games and I understand it's to be authentic and make it more realistic but I love the customization options to make each car that I own, mine. Nothing's perfect and I'll leave it at that

With NFS Payback, the game focused on 4 different classes of cars: Racing, Drifting, Offroad, and a mode where you racing from point A to B within a certain time frame. NFS Heat gives you that ability in every car with custtomizing a car for racing, track, road racing, speedcross, and drifting.  That way, you have to buy four of the same car for different modes in the game.  This game is a class of Pro Street, Payback, Rivals, and NFS 2015 put into one so you see features from all of these games. Best features of all those games and none of their down fall. I like the newly added options like different paints schemes and wraps dedicated to making any car look like a police car. Sounds weird I know but the community, myself included, has made all kinds of different cars over the last years. A police car is one of them

This is the 24th entry in the NFS franchise and I feel that they proved themselves after the awful 2015 entry Need For Speed that takes place only at night. 

Story: Good story about a new comer who just moved to Miami and wants to get into the racing scene

Characters: One of the downfalls of the NFS franchise is the bad voice acting for characters. They have improved

Graphics: On Xbox One X, S, PC, and PS4 so it all depends on your console or PC's video card. It's amazing in 4K

Cars: Toyota announced back in 2016 that they will no longer license their classic vehicles like the 4th generation Toyota Supra or the GT-4 (AllTrack) Celica since they "want customers to focus on their new vehicles." With that said, Nissan gives us the R34 GTR, S15 Silvia, GTR, and Hakosuka GTR along with Ferraris, Audi (R8), Acura's NSX, new and old muscle cars, and more so it's not missed as bad since the last two installments no longer have anything Toyota.

Racing: I love this franchise because it's street racing that's legal as in a make believe game and not in real life so when I have the itching to, I just turn my console on and racing I go.

Drifting: Aside from street racing, I play these games for the drifting ability since that's my favorite thing to do. Drifting in this game isn't all too much about angling and hitting the gas or if you're a noob, pull on the e-brake, it involves you releasing the accelerator for a second (or half) and then mashing it during a corner to activate this ability. It's a bit weird but you get used to it

Customization: If you're a gear heard or a car enthusiast like I am (both), then you play these games not just for racing but for the cars. With that said, there's 124 cars that you can own along with the different customization options for each of them ranging from over 90 different rims, bumpers, fenders, mirrors, suspension, stance, headlights, tail lights, tail, and exhaust parts and settings.

I give this game a 8.7/10. 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: