Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Piecing together a saber  (Read 2224 times)
Grimnir Grey Knight
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 18, 2019, 12:09:34 AM »

How difficult is it to install the Emerald driver and Obsidian soundboard? I want to have these eventually, they're simply not in the budget.
  So, let's say I purchase a stunt saber, would I later be able to install the driver/soundboard? Any and all advice is appreciated. 

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 05:09:27 AM »

Is it possible?  Yes. Is it cost-effective to send it back to US and get your stunt saber upgrades later?  Ehhhh... not so much.  I did the math, and decided that instead of sending them my Aeon LE v3 and having it upgraded, I’d rather just buy another saber with sound.  For only a little bit more, I’d have a saber with sound PLUS my original saber.

Your situation might be different. For instance, you might be willing to do the work yourself, and forego the warranty. Me?  Nope!  I’ve seen my soldering work, and it ain’t pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 05:31:04 AM »

I've checked into this and found the following: 1. They have to completely rewire the saber and add several parts (speaker, sound board) plus, they would then have to ship it back to you ($15 or so). To upgrade one of my sabers, it's going to cost me about $175. I'd have been better off, ordering the saber with all the personal details on it, AND it would have come assembled and ready to go out of the box. Just passing on what I know. Hope it helps.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 12:53:25 AM »

How difficult is it to install the Emerald driver and Obsidian soundboard? I want to have these eventually, they're simply not in the budget.
  So, let's say I purchase a stunt saber, would I later be able to install the driver/soundboard? Any and all advice is appreciated. 
Yes, depending on your level of wiring/soldering skill you can later install the Emerald and Obsidian boards.

IF the saber you buy is big enough to hold them both, which not all of the sabers are, so keep that in mind. (<- VERY IMPORTANT)
IF you don't mind voiding the warranty.
IF you're comfortable doing A LOT of rewiring, and possibly (probably) upgrading the battery pack as well.

Is it more cost effective to get it all at once? In the long run, yes. In the short term, when you have a limited budget, maybe not.

Personally, I'd have US do it, simply because it's easier. Yes, it will cost more, but I'm paying for the ease of getting it done (i.e. I don't have to do it) and the knowledge that it will be done right (i.e. because I didn't cross the red and blue wires).

However, if you're set on doing it that way, and doing the upgrades yourself, this is the sub-forum you want to be in. I'm pretty sure every possible wiring diagram you'd need is here somewhere, and the people who frequent this sub-forum (Racona I'm looking at you) will almost certainly have the answers to any and all questions you may have.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: