Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Jedi: Fallen Order Spoilerrific Review! (Very Long)  (Read 9587 times)
DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 05:11:19 PM »

Is it just me or does this fight...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqPrXOZMlQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqPrXOZMlQ</a>

Mirror this fight...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJzGncoI_w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJzGncoI_w</a>

Now of course I fought the Fallen fight on second highest 1st time through and DMC battle on same and highest after... so I suppose I'm thinking of Vergil and Trilla on hardest settings...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 09:43:46 PM »

Is it just me or does this fight...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqPrXOZMlQ#

Mirror this fight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVJzGncoI_w#

Now of course I fought the Fallen fight on second highest 1st time through and DMC battle on same and highest after... so I suppose I'm thinking of Vergil and Trilla on hardest settings...

I find a lot of difficult boss fights in game that involve melee combat can be reduced to be pretty similar. Its hard not to compare JFO to souls games, but Trilla's fight also gave me some Nameless King vibes from DS3. DMC being a style slasher also vaguely falls into some of the same patterns.

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 07:30:26 AM »

Even though the topic has Spoiler in the title, still like to say SPOILERS shall follow just incase someone somehow manages to click their way here before playing JtFO fully. But, I suppose my drawing the parallel between the two games could be assumed more nostalgia than pure reference, although the theory was reinforced upon beating the game IMO. Because that Meditation Training bears serious resemblance to Bloody Palace Mode in DMC 3 & 4 I believe too? Also only unlocked after you beat the main story, plus it does the same type of "ranking system" without saying it so blatantly... Since DMC also factors in level rank/post level summary based on not healing, never being damaged, and in essence perfect reflexes/timing. I LOVE that, because it's been a long time since I found such a fun challenge and it's a great way to condition oneself to play on Grand Master difficulty. I want to max all the MT levels with "full completion" but it'll take quite some time (and a new controller) before I'll likely manage that level of mastery. Still, a great addition!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4r3VgouUZY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4r3VgouUZY</a>

I'd forgotten till watching the clip a bit, how similar Agni & Rudra's moves, attacks, and reactions when parried are to some of the Purge Troopers with dual batons or double shock staff:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MHXJ-UNNk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MHXJ-UNNk</a>

But seriously, with the whole story, end of the game, and added content. I'd kick my rating up to 8.5. Saying of course it could be better, but it was pretty epic. I sadly experienced some horrible glitches on Kashyyyk and Ilum so that took away from the experience a bit. Dang updates to the updates get tedious to keep downloading. But overall a great game for sure... even if I wanted a red lightsaber my entire first playthrough...

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 08:15:21 AM »

I finished the story a few minutes ago and then came here to see some spoiler reviews XD. And yes, I loved it! I kinda wish it was longer, and I hope they either add updates and side missions to this game or do a Fallen Order 2. I'd like to see how Cal continues his life and if he ever died since, well, Yoda did tell Luke that Luke was the last of the Jedi.

My legs are still shaky from when Vader showed up! TRILLA GET OUT OF THE WAY!  Cry
Oh and then Cere was tossed into the abyss, that freaked the kriff out of me! You're so right, Vader in Rogue One was terrifying, but this was even more scary due to how close players may have gotten to Cal at this point. Cal's character has a lovely spot in my fangirl heart and I would've been so upset if Vader succeeded in killing him, and thank the Force Cere survived! I'm all for Vader destroying everything the protagonist loves, but I'd rather Cere get run through while saving Cal instead of just being tossed into the abyss. And I loved the panic and desperation to get away. Vader's presence is one you must escape, not fight, especially since Cal isn't a fully trained Jedi and Cere, though strong in her own right, would never have stood a chance.

Anyways, all in all I really enjoyed this game, I'd go as far as to say Cal is the best character Disney canon has produced!

I also have to agree with Elven, they were great potentially emotionally rending moments... The game did get dark, and didn't feel afraid to do so BUT I feel like they wanted too strongly to leave the audience with "feel good vibes" or simply leave it open to a sequel (which for this title I could accept and appreciate). I spent the whole game waiting for the whole crew to be slaughtered, the Mantis to explode/crash land, the crew sacrificing themselves to let Cal escape (like his Master) with the holocron only to see some epic scene of him surrounded by the entire Inquisitorious. Have the whole thing play out like Halo Reach, and have a glorious end like that (because that story and ending will always be one for the record books IMO). I mean you only see 2 sisters. So if you assume since 9th makes an appearance, there are at least 7 "sisters"/inquisitors you never meet. Even if Darth Vader is the "Grand Inquisitor" and takes the place of #1... there would be 6 more at least, and who even said the number stopped at 9? I mean even if Cere managed to kill 1 or 2 with the Force in her great escape, It would have been an epic ending to the game to see Cal surrounded by 5 Inquisitors and having an unwinnable boss battle. Done in stages like survival one after another, then even if you beat/maim them they gang up on him and kill him inevitably! OR just a 5 way fight from the get go, and right before losing he destroys the holocron to keep it from Imperial hands... Even a fight with them all, and if they lose Vader shows up saying "you have all failed in your duties, you know the punishment for failure..." then after failing to turn Cal he Force chokes him to death.

I'm not saying the ending didn't work, just that it seems a bit lack luster to the glorious final stand it could have been! And I agree with Psycho, my girl Merrin deserved like a whole planet worth of journey with Cal! You do that whole fight together, then you can't "use her" again which is a little sad... she's so OP, and rage filled Cere is a great bit of backup too. It's sad there aren't levels you could call them in on, or some epic team up fight/final showdown... I can't remember the timeline for Force Unleashed but I wouldn't argue with a crossover for Cal & Co to die in. Vader wanting to test his apprentice out against a bit of a challenge, so you get to see Galen Merrick VS Cal Kestus in a death battle.

Hulk10
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 6

Force Outcast Juggernaut

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2021, 01:30:52 AM »

If there were a Fallen Order 2 I'd play it. The game was really good. I rather liked Kestis's combat style. But it didn't quite match up to my own preference of combat style.

The old Jedi ban on marriage is unreasonable and foolish. The old dogma of both Sith and Jedi is foolish
There is no Emotion; There is Peace
There is no Ignorance; There is Knowledge
There is no Passion; There is Serenity
There is no Death; There is The FORCE

Light Side Favored.

PsychoSith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -372

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 01:59:24 PM »

Need to do a second playthrough - or at least the combat challenges. Been itching for a good boss fight lately and theres only so many times I can replay Bloodborne. (I think I've cleared it close to 15 times now total)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: