Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How strong are the pins in the regular Fallen saber?  (Read 981 times)
4viator
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 18, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »

In the video, it was told that the emitter of the battle ready saber was held in by screws, and the normal fallen order saber it's held by pins.

How strong are the pins? If I drop the saber, will it break?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 09:57:27 PM »

In the video, it was told that the emitter of the battle ready saber was held in by screws, and the normal fallen order saber it's held by pins.

That's a hard question to answer.   I think the only real truthful response is "maybe"?  :-)   If the pins on the Fallen are anything like the claw pins on the Aeon V5, they're pretty strong, but that shroud is far more exposed.  I'd say there's probably a chance that if you drop the saber the shroud might pop off if it is the non-combat version.   There's a far smaller change the combat version will break, but with enough stress or impact even that one could.

Short of doing an actual drop test (which I cannot do, I don't have one to test) I'd maybe pose the question to info@ultrasabers.com and see if they have anything more definitive?

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 11:00:41 PM »

Aren't the pins made of the same T6 aluminum as the rest of the hilt?  If so, I'd say that breaking them is highly unlikely, although you might knock the shroud loose.

But please note... I SPEAK FROM IGNORANCE HERE, NOT KNOWLEDGE.  Someone with actual knowledge of the subject, please come along and chime in here.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 12:41:43 AM »

It depends on what you drop it on, from how high, and with how much force.

If you're spinning it full speed, and it goes flying out of your hand, and lands shroud first on the sidewalk, then yes, the shroud might come off. If you're waving it around in the back yard and drop it just on the ground, most likely the shroud will not come off.

Without actively trying to break one, it's unlikely anyone is going to know just how much it takes to make the shroud come off. As was mentioned, you can always contact US directly at either info@ultrasabers.com or customerservice@ultrasabers.com .

Or just get the combat rated version and you'll be fine.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: