Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: *sad trombone*  (Read 2827 times)
finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -36

« on: November 20, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »

So my kid got the pommel nut off my saber and halfway tore off the battery pack. With my other lightsaber in for repairs I am without a saber *plays country music while holding the hilt carcass*
I'll send this one in to be repaired after I get the other back. It'll still be good for practice.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Teddy Roosevelt

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 01:05:06 PM »

Will send you some overseas support during your country music sadness.

Maybe you can set your kid out in the snow in front of the window? Give it a nice Charles Dickens feel, Christmas is coming and you can get back at your kid for destroying your saber at the same time....

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »

Oof!

Approximate age of this kid, if it's not prying?  Actually, the number is irrelevant.  Is the kid old enough to understand that while exploration and investigation are cool, destroying things while exploring or investigating is bad?

Hopefully, this can be turned into a learning experience for at least one of you.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 04:14:21 AM »

When mine was much, much younger, he actually took apart a couple of models of mine.
Believe me when I say I feel your pain

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 01:33:19 PM »

When mine was much, much younger, he actually took apart a couple of models of mine.

That must have hurt.
Mine were just very enthousiast. Youngest one gave her birthdayparty past weekend, 6 girls twirling with lightsabers in my traininghall/-room! Cheesy

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 01:34:12 PM »

Will send you some overseas support during your country music sadness.

Maybe you can set your kid out in the snow in front of the window? Give it a nice Charles Dickens feel, Christmas is coming and you can get back at your kid for destroying your saber at the same time....
No snow yet but soon. Just balls cold.
Oof!

Approximate age of this kid, if it's not prying?  Actually, the number is irrelevant.  Is the kid old enough to understand that while exploration and investigation are cool, destroying things while exploring or investigating is bad?

Hopefully, this can be turned into a learning experience for at least one of you.
He is 4. I'm going to be getting a soldering iron and some spray insulation to fix and then make it more secure than it was.  I also did talk to him about it it, but since he's 4 and I don't want to discourage curiosity, not much else I can do except fix it in front of him.

The eye twitch while refraining from losing one's shell is real.

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 11:39:26 PM »

IT'S FIXED!
Went and bought a soldering iron, some insulation goop stuff and fixed the saber!
New video next week.
As well as hopefully the other one I had to send in will be back soon.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 12:13:43 AM »

Great! 

Did the kid enjoy watching Dad fix the saber?  Did Dad enjoy having the kid watch him fix the saber?  Did the kid realize that time spent fixing the saber was time NOT spent using the saber?

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 03:08:20 PM »

Great! 

Did the kid enjoy watching Dad fix the saber?  Did Dad enjoy having the kid watch him fix the saber?  Did the kid realize that time spent fixing the saber was time NOT spent using the saber?
He was curious, but he kept asking me for tv whilst I soldered.
However the fix was ultimately only 10 minutes and then waiting for the insulation goop to harden. So he got his curiosity sated as well as I was able to turn on SW Rebels on tv afterward.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »

He was curious, but he kept asking me for tv whilst I soldered.
However the fix was ultimately only 10 minutes and then waiting for the insulation goop to harden. So he got his curiosity sated as well as I was able to turn on SW Rebels on tv afterward.
So, overall... a win?  Sure seems better than a draw, because your saber is repaired.

finlayfox
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 01:34:16 PM »

Definitely a win due to having a lightsaber up and running again. Lets call it an anticlimactic win

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 01:43:36 PM »

Sorry to hear, Finlay. It happens to the best of us, I broke 4 to 5 battery pack of my stunt sabers but I put them back together. It comes with the territory of flow art with a saber, we beat and abuse our sabers since we smack, wack, and drop it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: