Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Prophecy hilt question.....  (Read 1358 times)
S2mikey
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 14

« on: November 21, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »

Gang - I did try a search but couldnt quite find my answer.  Its concerning the two top thumbscrews that appear to be used to hold the blade in place on the Prophecy hilt:  Can these be replaced with sunken/non-thumb screws or screws that will stay flush with the hilt?  It seems like the Prophecy would be a great spinner but those two screws scare me!  If they can be replaced, what would you use if anyone knows?  Thanks a ton.

Want to order this guy and take advantage of the great sale but want to be sure about those screws. Smiley

AEON L4, Tri-Cree Fire orange
Archon 2.1, Tri-Cree Gaurdian Blue
Dark Sentinel L4 - Tri-Cree Consular Green, Green AV switch
Initiate V3, Catalyst Pommel, Violet, AV switch

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 03:02:21 AM »

I think those are just simply like set screw covers or something so I think you can replace them. Give updates on this project, only reason why I also haven't joined the Prophecy club yet. I really need me one in my saber collection, we all know how I also like the classic slanted emitter type of sabers Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 03:07:15 AM »

Surprisingly this is the only thing I could find:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24118.0

Ok, after some more searching with a few different terms, I also found these:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32928.msg505504#msg505504
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22342.0

Neither are the exact information you're looking for, except they tell you the thread size and depth you'll need, more or less. So hopefully they help.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 04:35:50 AM »

Having just taken a look at my Dark Prophecy, they are screw covers.
So it should be possible to replace them with shorter screws without too much effort

S2mikey
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »

Excellent, thanks to all.  I was able to confirm that those thumbscrews are just standard blade retention screws.  I believe they are 8/32 2mm in size.  So, you could easily get extras from a hardware store or just ask for a few extra standard ones when you order your saber.   So, for example if you have another US hilt that uses the standard ones you could use those in place of the thumbscrews.

Good news! I wasnt a fan of the thumbscrews myself.

Surprisingly this is the only thing I could find:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24118.0

Ok, after some more searching with a few different terms, I also found these:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32928.msg505504#msg505504
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=22342.0

Neither are the exact information you're looking for, except they tell you the thread size and depth you'll need, more or less. So hopefully they help.

Yes!  Thanks for the links.  I might have stumbled upon one of those in my searches too.  Either way, we have the info needed. Smiley

ktulu1347
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 87

Nerd for 3 decades plus and darn proud of it

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 05:13:06 AM »

Late to the party, but wanted to add experimental confirmation.  I've done exactly this to both my Prophecy and Dark Prophecy because I like the cleaner look and I wanted those knobs out of the way for spinning.  Sadly I can't remember what length screws were required for a flush installation (they're two different lengths due to their locations) but it's pretty easy to measure if you use an Allen key to back the setscrew out after tightening the brass knob to the hilt surface.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 02:38:37 PM »

I believe that they are the blade retention screws, give Marlena an email at Marlena@ultrasabers.com or info@ultrasabers.com. They will give you the definitive answer

S2mikey
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:07:55 PM »

I believe that they are the blade retention screws, give Marlena an email at Marlena@ultrasabers.com or info@ultrasabers.com. They will give you the definitive answer
Late to the party, but wanted to add experimental confirmation.  I've done exactly this to both my Prophecy and Dark Prophecy because I like the cleaner look and I wanted those knobs out of the way for spinning.  Sadly I can't remember what length screws were required for a flush installation (they're two different lengths due to their locations) but it's pretty easy to measure if you use an Allen key to back the setscrew out after tightening the brass knob to the hilt surface.

Yes and yes!  All good, thanks gents! Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: