Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: General product inquiry  (Read 1493 times)
Veterarn Warrior
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 24, 2019, 08:57:45 PM »

I am studying taekwondo and need to know what the hilt sizes for the Ultrasaber Phantom V2 or a Dark Apprentice V4 are and what size blades I need to select to create a 72" (6 feet) Bo Staff. I know the 36" blades combined would be 72" (6 feet) without the hilt sizes, the 32" blades would be a total of 64" and the hilts would have to be 4" long to be 72" and don't suspect the hilts would be that short. Thanks!

Dilligaf919
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:09:04 AM »

I don’t think it would handle quite like a bo staff to be honest but you could just get staff extensions on a single blade saber and add a short blade to it to keep it a saber https://ultrasabers.com/product/yari-pike-extension-silver-finish/

-The Jedurai

KNOWLEDGE-initiate v4 with windows and av switch, Counselor green
Aeon V5, av switch, guardian blue
BALANCE- Spectre lite sound with windows, engraved hilt, black av switch with white light, TRI Adegan Silver
PASSION- dark apprentice v4 with windows and guarded switch, blazing red
Diamond bellicose

Is it a want, or a need?:Fallen LE Diamond, Archon 3.1 Diamond, The Malice Diamond

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 12:40:52 AM »

Phantom v2 is made of two Dominix v2's, which are each 12" long. So, assuming a flush coupler, you'd need to get two 26" blades to get a double bladed saber of 72" length. Length can be found here: https://ultrasabers.com/product/the-dominix-v2/  or here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4779.0

Dark Apprentice v4 is made of two Dark Apprentice v4's, which are each 9.875" long. So, again assuming a flush coupler, you'd need to get two 28.125" blades to get a double bladed saber of 72" length. Length can be found here: https://ultrasabers.com/product/dark-apprentice-v4/  or here: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=4779.0

And yes, my math above is correct, you lose about 2" of blade length into the emitter on the hilt.

If you choose to get either a vented, adjustable, or quick disconnect coupler, you'll have to subtract half their length from each of the blades to get the exact total length you're looking for.

And a double bladed saber is much more limited in handling than a bo staff, since you can only use the middle hilt part to grip. There are some similar things you can do, but if you try to get full use of a double bladed saber as a staff, you'll end up with your hands on the blades a lot.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Veterarn Warrior
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 11:56:54 AM »

Thank you Sakura!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:34:06 PM »

Here's a quick printscreen off an excelsheet I made a while back. Just double the size to make it a doublesaber/saberstaff.
Depending on the coupler you'll use you should substract about 0.5" for a flush coupler or add the length of your coupler.
And yes, I have allready substracted 2 inch on the length because of the blade fitting into the hilt.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 02:36:25 PM »

Nice spreadsheet, have a point

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 09:49:25 PM »

Nice spreadsheet, have a point

Yeah, what Codex Praetor said.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 10:50:05 PM »

Yeah, what Codex Praetor said.

Point for that

Veterarn Warrior
Force Sensitive

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 11:48:33 PM »

Here's a quick printscreen off an excelsheet I made a while back. Just double the size to make it a doublesaber/saberstaff.
Depending on the coupler you'll use you should substract about 0.5" for a flush coupler or add the length of your coupler.
And yes, I have allready substracted 2 inch on the length because of the blade fitting into the hilt.

Thanks and I appreciate the help.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2019, 12:47:39 PM »

You're all welcome, and thanks for the points.
Much appreciated  Grin

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »

You're all welcome, and thanks for the points.
Much appreciated  Grin

LOL   that's a great chart.  :-)

I don't have a chart, but my saber staff configured as two Initiate V3s joined by a flush coupler (stunt coupler, no sound) and two 32" blades is about a half-inch longer than my 6' bo.  So, empirical observation.   :-)   

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2019, 04:52:34 PM »

LOL   that's a great chart.  :-)

I don't have a chart, but my saber staff configured as two Initiate V3s joined by a flush coupler (stunt coupler, no sound) and two 32" blades is about a half-inch longer than my 6' bo.  So, empirical observation.   :-)   

Love the empirical observation Smiley
But I had some time to spare and a little bit of OCD that had to be channeled into something good  Roll Eyes

> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: