Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The light in my saber have died.  (Read 1760 times)
Linuriel
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 24, 2019, 09:45:12 PM »

Speaker works but light is dead, I am a bit unsure on how to proceed.

Linuriel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 01:55:54 PM »

I don't remember the name, but it is a couple of years old, driven by two AA batteries, and look like this.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »

If the lightsaber has sound, then you will need the 14500 Lithium Ion batteries that are pretty much the same size. AA will not work

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 02:05:09 PM »

They aren't AA batteries, they're Li-Ion batteries. Your saber doesn't work properly with normal AA's because the output of them (2x1.4 V => 2.4 V) is far below the Li-Ion output (2x 3.7 V => 7.4 V). You need the exact same battery type your saber was delivered with - 14500 size, 3.7 V, PCB-protected rechargeable Li-Ion. Put your Li-Ions into a charger that is capable of charging Li-Ions (for example the XTAR from the Ultrasabers shop) and take the AA's out of your saber - ASAP. It might get damaged if you use your saber with AA's for a longer time.

Edit: Inf0 was too fast this time Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:06:37 PM »

They aren't AA batteries, they're Li-Ion batteries. Your saber doesn't work properly with normal AA's because the output of them (2x1.4 V => 2.4 V) is far below the Li-Ion output (2x 3.7 V => 7.4 V). You need the exact same battery type your saber was delivered with - 14500 size, 3.7 V, PCB-protected rechargeable Li-Ion. Put your Li-Ions into a charger that is capable of charging Li-Ions (for example the XTAR from the Ultrasabers shop) and take the AA's out of your saber - ASAP. It might get damaged if you use your saber with AA's for a longer time.

Edit: Inf0 was too fast this time Wink

Haha, good stuff, Racona!

Linuriel
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 07:24:24 PM »

Does it have to be Trustfire or can I use any other batteries who follow listed specifications?

Also, can I charge non-Trustfire batteries of the same specifications in a Trustfire charger?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 07:26:29 PM »

Does it have to be Trustfire or can I use any other batteries who follow listed specifications?

Also, can I charge non-Trustfire batteries of the same specifications in a Trustfire charger?

Any 14500 Lithium Ion battery. I use Olight, Xtar, and Fenix

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 08:30:08 PM »

Sure, any battery with those specs will work. And any charger suitable for Li-Ion batteries can be used, they don't have to be the same brand. I use a Xtar charger for my TrustFire Li-Ions without any problems.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 09:59:37 PM »

Any GOOD brand from a TRUSTED source, yes.  There are scumbags out there who sell cheap, used, unprotected, or otherwise sub-par batteries, but label them incorrectly.  The brands listed above should be fine, as long as you're buying them from a reputable source.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 10:51:28 PM »

Any GOOD brand from a TRUSTED source, yes.  There are scumbags out there who sell cheap, used, unprotected, or otherwise sub-par batteries, but label them incorrectly.  The brands listed above should be fine, as long as you're buying them from a reputable source.

This. Most trustworthy brands are 750 to 800 mah. If you see anything marked for higher, run in the other direction since they will be a cheap chinese knock off or a re-labeled battery any way

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: