Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Sith Archivist’s Collection [photography]  (Read 5670 times)
chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 02:29:48 PM »

Grump grump grump. So I was gonna have a new photo today, but my memory card failed and I lost an entire shoot’s worth of photos from last night. That’s more than a little disheartening.

You could always use a wifi enabled memory card in your camera and auto backup to an external drive, laptop, desktop, etc. Saved my bacon several times at work.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »

I’m still figuring out how to handle lightsabers that aren’t lit on their own. This may be my best yet, but it still has a long way to go.

Duel at the Temple by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr
I REALLY like this tableau, i5!  Both Vader and Ahsoka are personal favorites and you've done a spectacular job here (including the lightsabers)!

Can't wait to see more  Smiley

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »

I’m still figuring out how to handle lightsabers that aren’t lit on their own. This may be my best yet, but it still has a long way to go.

Duel at the Temple by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr

Hello imprimis5 nice to meet you. I have been looking at your great images and when TheDutchman mentioned my name so kindly and you said you were having problems with the lightsabers I thought I would try and see what I could do.

So I hope you don't mind I edited your Ahsoka and Vader pic a little to look like this...

I use GIMP and have an add-on that produces the saber blades using a selection mask. The flare is a built in fx named Supernova.
Keep up the great work and I have to say I particularly like the Bounty Hunters assemble picture with Bossk  (I met Mr Alan Harris who played Bossk at my local comic con and got to chat about this very scene with him).

point on the way.

imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 03:39:33 PM »

Quote from: chalion
You could always use a wifi enabled memory card in your camera and auto backup to an external drive, laptop, desktop, etc. Saved my bacon several times at work.

I’ll be honest and say I had no idea there was any such thing. My equipment in general isn’t the best, so that might be a good thing to bump up in my upgrade list.

Quote from: TheDutchman
REALLY like this tableau, i5!  Both Vader and Ahsoka are personal favorites and you've done a spectacular job here (including the lightsabers)!

Thanks!

Quote from: For Tyeth
I use GIMP and have an add-on that produces the saber blades using a selection mask. The flare is a built in fx named Supernova.

Thanks for the example, and that looks great! I do almost all of my editing in Affinity. I’ve never checked to see if there’s a plug-in for that sort of thing. Honestly, I kind of hate photo editing and view it more as a necessary evil for the type of photography I do.

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 03:54:35 PM »

Thanks for the example, and that looks great! I do almost all of my editing in Affinity. I’ve never checked to see if there’s a plug-in for that sort of thing. Honestly, I kind of hate photo editing and view it more as a necessary evil for the type of photography I do.

Hi again, no problem and thank you. I started photo editing about four years ago when I started designing lightsabers but the online builder didn't have a function to add blade  effects so I used GIMP to edit the preview images. I have since learnt to use Blender 3D to make models (rather than 2D imagery) and add blades to the model then render images.

How you would replicate a saber blade "physically" using just your camera I'm not sure but you could look up how to use area masks with Guassian Blur in Affinity to create LucasFilm style saber blade effects. Basically you create a mask layer over the blade and fill the mask with a colour, then make multiple copies of the mask layer and apply a larger blur to each layer while making each layer more transparent to create the glow.

Hope this helps.

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 02:46:36 AM »

I'm  PhotoShop noob and I was able to find some sweet and easy tutorials on YouTube that make blades look great! You should be able to see the results on a few of my saber albums below

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 04:42:21 AM »

Faster, Chop! by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 08:28:01 AM »

That's another cool shot Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 04:37:23 PM »

That's another cool shot Grin
No doubt!  Point to imprimis5 for that one!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 02:58:05 AM »

I know, I know. It’s not Star Wars. But I’m capable of more! And I got new figures today.

Aang by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr

Zuko by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr

imprimis5
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 02:49:32 AM »

I’m sure this one won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I have to keep my (proven wrong) headcanon alive.

True Lovers by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »

Wow this is incredible, I5!  While Rebels wasn't my favorite, it really had some great storylines and characters.  Well, your tableau perfectly captures them!

I’m sure this one won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I have to keep my (proven wrong) headcanon alive.

True Lovers by Craig McRoberts, on Flickr
I've read about some people shipping Finn and Poe and--to be honest--I felt that their relationship was better established than say Finn and Rose (but the fact that I really, REALLY dislike "The Last Jedi" might have something to do with that).  Oh yeah, and I love what you did with Finn's leg  Wink

Point!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »

Ok the Finn and Poe thing...genius, its like a piece of art commenting on the new trilogy in a myriad of ways, the self indulgence, the inexplicably strange twists it takes etc.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: