Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Changing LED color  (Read 1256 times)
violetlass
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 29, 2019, 09:08:21 AM »

We just got our Sabers on the 27th of November, my boyfriend got a stunt saber w/ Arctic Blue LCD. I don't know if it's because of the cold outside or the light stunt fighting but my son and boyfriend swear that it changes to a more greenish color light, after it is off for a bit it goes back to Arctic Blue. Is this known to happen sometimes? My Boyfriend is kinda disappointed and doesn't want the saber now.

Friends Help You Move, Bestfriends Help You Move Bodies

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2788

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 12:49:21 PM »

Hey there, Violetlass. Try changing the batteries out first, if it still does that with fresh batteries, then contact Marlena at [email protected] since there may be an issue with the LED. If it no longer happens once you switch batteries, then it was the batteries themselves.

violetlass
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

Thank you, I will have to give it a try but since payday isn't for another week may have to wait to get batteries. What is the best battery brand, we do plan on getting rechargeables eventually.

Friends Help You Move, Bestfriends Help You Move Bodies

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 05:08:54 PM »

It's really up to you but I use the Panasonic Eneloop Pros that are Ni-Mh for all of my AA (game controllers) and AAA (stunt sabers) needs. They're a bit pricier than Energizer or Duracell in my opinion. To me, all alkaline batteries are pretty much the same so I stay away from them.

You're welcome Smiley

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 04:45:50 AM »

I can almost guarantee that the batteries need to be changed. I have a SRD saber, and I left it on for a few hours on Helloween. It was fine for a while, but after I got home from picking up my daughter at a friend's house, it had changed from blue to green. Checked it after a few days and it was still green. Changed the batteries and it was back to SRD. It was a nice shade of green, but I already have three green sabers so I was happy that it changed back.

So yeah, change the batteries and you should be good.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 05:30:49 PM »

I agree... it’s the batteries, almost certainly.  I have an Initiate v2 in Arctic Blue, and after an extended time of use, it “fades” to green.  Like you say, it’s a pretty shade of green, but it’s not Arctic Blue.  Shutting off the saber for several hours and turning it back on made the Arctic Blue return... for a little while.  Changing out the included but now worn alkaline batteries with freshly-charged NiMH batteries made the Arctic Blue return.

I highly recommend Eneloop or Eneloop Pro batteries, as recommended above.  The Eneloop Pro batteries are probably the better way to go here, because they support a higher power drain level, and you might be surprised how much power these LEDs can pull.  Based on personal experience, I would avoid Tenergy and also Amazon Basics.  They’ll work, kind of, but you’ll end up being far more satisfied with the Eneloop Pro batteries.  Yes, they’re a bit more expensive, but they’re worth it, and so is your saber.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 08:20:26 PM »

I highly recommend Eneloop or Eneloop Pro batteries, as recommended above.  The Eneloop Pro batteries are probably the better way to go here, because they support a higher power drain level, and you might be surprised how much power these LEDs can pull.  Based on personal experience, I would avoid Tenergy and also Amazon Basics.  They’ll work, kind of, but you’ll end up being far more satisfied with the Eneloop Pro batteries.  Yes, they’re a bit more expensive, but they’re worth it, and so is your saber.

Point for that

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: