Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: BEST SELLING MUSIC ARTISTS (1969 - 2019)  (Read 2613 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: November 30, 2019, 02:24:51 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3w8I8boc_I&amp;t=7s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3w8I8boc_I&amp;t=7s</a>

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2786

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:03:18 PM »

Good stuff

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 07:51:13 PM »

Good stuff
It's so interesting to watch.

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 09:21:46 AM »

Really enjoyed it (I'm halfway through the 80's now), loved to see some sudden rises (Elton John, Queen, Micheal Jackson), will look those up to see what happend there.
And offcourse whatch the rest of the vid.

Have a point, I'm enjoying this.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 09:35:43 AM »

Really enjoyed it (I'm halfway through the 80's now), loved to see some sudden rises (Elton John, Queen, Micheal Jackson), will look those up to see what happend there.
And offcourse whatch the rest of the vid.

Have a point, I'm enjoying this.
With Michael Jackson it was his albums Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous. Wait till you see what happens in the 90s!

Are you watching it stages rather than all in one go?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 03:55:57 PM »

It's so interesting to watch.

Agreed. As someone who loves music, I enjoy watch and hearing about music and how it evolves, its history, etc.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 05:04:10 PM »

Agreed. As someone who loves music, I enjoy watch and hearing about music and how it evolves, its history, etc.
True. However, I can't for the life of me understand how Neil Diamond was so popular!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2019, 06:40:33 PM »

True. However, I can't for the life of me understand how Neil Diamond was so popular!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
The only reason you can’t understand his popularity is because your tastes are different.  I’d say you have poor taste, but you do willingly associate with me, so I can’t really afford to cast stones.  LOL

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2019, 08:17:52 PM »

The only reason you can’t understand his popularity is because your tastes are different.  I’d say you have poor taste, but you do willingly associate with me, so I can’t really afford to cast stones.  LOL

Shots fired, shots fired! Or is it stones? Lol.

I dig Neil Diamond's work myself but then there's quite a bit of music that I listen to that I'm sure not many lot in here would enjoy. (I.e: Hip Hop, EDM, Dubstep, Trap EDM, etc.)

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 08:41:50 PM »

I honestly don't think he was that popular in the UK. I think the first time I even heard a Neil Diamond song was on an episode of Ally McBeal. Also, it was a more a rhetorical not understanding. Obviously I know anyone who appears on this list was because they had a large following around the world at one time or another.

Shots fired, shots fired! Or is it stones? Lol.

I dig Neil Diamond's work myself but then there's quite a bit of music that I listen to that I'm sure not many lot in here would enjoy. (I.e: Hip Hop, EDM, Dubstep, Trap EDM, etc.)
I think that's one of many reasons we get on; we do like a lot of the same kind of music genres outside of rock.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 08:53:32 PM »

I think that's one of many reasons we get on; we do like a lot of the same kind of music genres outside of rock.

Agreed. I like just about anything (except for country, can't do it and I've tried although there's a few songs I like), if it sounds good, I'll listen to it which is why I like Latin music as well.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2019, 09:03:47 PM »

Agreed. I like just about anything (except for country, can't do it and I've tried although there's a few songs I like), if it sounds good, I'll listen to it which is why I like Latin music as well.
I'm with you on the country music. But I know how popular it is with others, which is why Garth Brooks being on this list didn't surprise me. But I just can't get into it. However, I pretty much like every other genre of music. Obviously I like some more than others. I definitely think growing up in the UK and having West Indian parents had a big affect on my musical tastes. But fortunately I got introduced to 60s/70s rock through my friends parents. And that's before we even look at stuff that was being released at the time when I was growing up. It's funny, whenever I hear people at work talking about shows like the X Factor of The Voice it always make me think of this guy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlMqaAI_ebA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlMqaAI_ebA</a>

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2019, 09:57:23 PM »

My rock of choice is 60s through 80s but I like modern day rock, not Indie Rock mind you, but the rock that you can hear on Sirius XM Octane.  Now, I like Hip Hop, Golden Era, 80s, 2000s, 90s R&B, and battle rap but it stops there. Can't get with the present mumble rap stuff that's on the radio which I don't listen to. The only thing close to radio is XM.  I like EDM of course but house music is boring, so is trance nowadays, I need vocals but Dubstep and Trap EDM, I'm a fan of. Then there's Latin music like Raggaeton which is always on my playlist. You should see my Shazam with all the genres in it, I like good music to me

I agree with you about Steve Hughes

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 02:57:42 AM »

Now, see, I just don’t get how you guys don’t like country music.  It’s life.  It’s guys and gals telling stories about what’s going on in their lives, and how they’re trying to deal with the good, the bad, the transcendently beautiful, love, grief, teenage heartbreak, young love, loss of freedom, hanging out with the guys (or gals), frustration with the way society is going... life!

Oh, well, maybe you just don’t like the melodies or the voices, I don’t know, but if you stop and listen to the lyrics, whether it’s YOUR life or not, you have to admit the lyrics are about life.

To each their own, I suppose.  The fact that there are so many genres of music just shows that there are AT LEAST that many genres of musical taste, so I won’t make fun of folks (or at least, I won’t make any MORE fun) who like different stuff than I do.   

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Maestro Jones
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 181

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 04:03:58 AM »

Now, see, I just don’t get how you guys don’t like country music.  It’s life.  It’s guys and gals telling stories about what’s going on in their lives, and how they’re trying to deal with the good, the bad, the transcendently beautiful, love, grief, teenage heartbreak, young love, loss of freedom, hanging out with the guys (or gals), frustration with the way society is going... life!

Oh, well, maybe you just don’t like the melodies or the voices, I don’t know, but if you stop and listen to the lyrics, whether it’s YOUR life or not, you have to admit the lyrics are about life.

To each their own, I suppose.  The fact that there are so many genres of music just shows that there are AT LEAST that many genres of musical taste, so I won’t make fun of folks (or at least, I won’t make any MORE fun) who like different stuff than I do.   

I'm a native Texan; country music is engrained in our DNA.  Unfortunately, modern "country music" isn't country music.  It's pop and lite rock music with a twang.  Country music stopped being country music in the mid-90's.  Gimmie Willie, Waylon, and George with a side of older Brooks for my country.

BTW,
It’s guys and gals telling stories about what’s going on in their lives, and how they’re trying to deal with the good, the bad, the transcendently beautiful, love, grief, teenage heartbreak, young love, loss of freedom, hanging out with the guys (or gals), frustration with the way society is going... life!

This isn't just exclusive to country music.  This is part of ALL music.  Like I tell my students: Music is life set to rhythm, pitch, and poetry.  This is why it's the greatest of all the arts.

Household US Arsenal:
# = STUNT; % = OBSIDIAN LITE; ~ = OBSIDIAN V4; * = DIAMOND
Mine:
# Dark Apprentice LE v4: BR; # Dark Sentinel LE v4: TRI BR; # Dominix v3: PO; # Dorinian: TRI AB; # Frankensaber - BR; # Initiate v2: GB; # Liberator v3: TRI CG; % Archon 3.1: TRI CG; ~ Consular: TRI CG; ~ Dark Initiate LE v5: TRI FO; ~ Guardian: TRI GB; * Menace; * Monarch

Wife’s:
# Aeon V2: VA; # Dominix V2: BH; # Initiate V2: GB; # Prophecy v3: TRI GB; ~ Graflex SE: TRI GB; ~ Spectre: TRI GB; * Fulcrum; * Lost Grey

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: