Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: BEST SELLING MUSIC ARTISTS (1969 - 2019)  (Read 2619 times)
Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »

With Michael Jackson it was his albums Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous. Wait till you see what happens in the 90s!

Are you watching it stages rather than all in one go?

I understood MJ  Grin
And yes, I didn't have the time yesterday for the entire video. Just watched it now.

I think I understand the 70's and 80's, I'm a bit shocked about the 90', I'm missing my entire grunge and metal puberty, I do not understand what happens in the 00' and 10'.
In the last decade I don't even recognize half of the names, does that make me old, ignorend or just a lover of quality music......

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 02:07:48 PM »

True. However, I can't for the life of me understand how Neil Diamond was so popular!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Because my mind instantly made this connection:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNljFtVKL7E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNljFtVKL7E</a>

*shamefully admits* Probably because I just bingewatched the entire 11 seasons last month.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 04:10:03 PM »

BTW,
This isn't just exclusive to country music.  This is part of ALL music.  Like I tell my students: Music is life set to rhythm, pitch, and poetry.  This is why it's the greatest of all the arts.

Based on the lyrics I hear, it’s stronger, clearer, and plainer in country music than in anything else I’ve heard.  BUT... I’m not the most adept at hearing lyrics in speed-metal, death-metal, or even rap.  My ears can’t keep up with the speed of the words.  (I’m horrible at understanding what an auctioneer is saying, too.). This opinion of mine that country music is the clearest heart and soul of life probably has something to do with my background and upbringing, and with my tastes in music.  Everyone’s experience in life is different, and that leads to understandably different opinions on a wide range of things, and can explain a whole lot.  Please forgive me for projecting my perceptions of life on the rest of the world; it’s a habit I’m trying to break.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 06:07:24 PM »

In the last decade I don't even recognize half of the names, does that make me old, ignorend or just a lover of quality music......

All three!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2019, 08:26:29 PM »

Now, see, I just don’t get how you guys don’t like country music.  It’s life.  It’s guys and gals telling stories about what’s going on in their lives, and how they’re trying to deal with the good, the bad, the transcendently beautiful, love, grief, teenage heartbreak, young love, loss of freedom, hanging out with the guys (or gals), frustration with the way society is going... life!

Oh, well, maybe you just don’t like the melodies or the voices, I don’t know, but if you stop and listen to the lyrics, whether it’s YOUR life or not, you have to admit the lyrics are about life.

To each their own, I suppose.  The fact that there are so many genres of music just shows that there are AT LEAST that many genres of musical taste, so I won’t make fun of folks (or at least, I won’t make any MORE fun) who like different stuff than I do.   

That's the thing though, we like what we like as how you like what you like. I'm sure I wonder why you don't like the music I like as well, it's all about musical preference. To each his own

I listen to a lot of music genres and as I've said before, I don't listen to country music and I'm from Texas but I do like a few songs. Just not my thing but I gave it a few chances.

A lot of songs are about life in my opinion, people don't like Hip Hop (real Hip Hop) because they're "too gangsta" but people also need to realize that it's songs made from their perspective, they grew up in violence and are telling a story, life and death. People who don't listen to this genre are quick to judge it and I'm not talking about the modern day mumble rap stuff, I'm talking about actual Hip Hop.

I also listen to a lot of Jazz and neo soul which talks about a lot of life events and tragedy, if you like country, then you'll love those two genres

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: