Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Removing the Batteries  (Read 3885 times)
Stands24
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 30, 2019, 05:31:46 PM »

Hello all,

I believe I may have damaged one of my li-ion batteries upon removing it from its holder in the saber.  Sad Embarrassed I use a flathead screwdriver to wedge between one of the ends of the battery and the holder, then pull the battery out. I guess I scratched the battery or something? It wasn't charging in my charger unless I flipped it in the opposite direction that it's supposed to be (like, if positive was supposed to face up then I faced it down). It would ONLY charge like this, even when I switched it to the other charging slot.

I put it in my saber after it was fully charged and the saber still won't turn on. I know my batteries were dead; this article isn't so much about my saber not working as it is about how best to remove the batteries.

How do y'all remove them? What is the best way to remove the batteries themselves (not the whole pack as shown in Ultrasaber's video on YouTube)?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 06:06:14 PM »

I use a plastic pry tools that I use for my electronics like saber builds, phones, PC, laptops, etc. It doesn't damage the product but the plastic pry tool itself over time and is really inexpensive to replace.  Try swapping a different battery in

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 06:50:13 PM »

I wrapped some gift ribbon around the batteries and use that to pull the batteries out. It doesn't happen that often, though - I have Recharge Ports on all sabers Tongue

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Stands24
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2019, 08:08:11 PM »

Hmm... Do y'all think the plastic brick separator from LEGO will work for this? It's the "softest" tool I have that could work lol.

Alternatively, what if I went in from the side? Like where the black sides of the battery slot comes around (they like, wrap around the battery kind of). Think I could fit something in there and get a battery out without damaging something?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »

Not really. The covers you talk about are too tight. They will probably break once you try to put something in there and pry the batteries out...I would really stick to the open parts for your attempts.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 01:11:53 AM »

Agreed

Jwolf83
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 07:27:14 PM »

Having issue removing the batteries from my Dark Apprentice v5 saber. I've tried all the methods suggested in the video and using a long skinny tool is not working either and afraid if I use more force that I will break something. Any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Darth Andeddu
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -50

DS points please :)

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 04:11:50 AM »

anyone ever notice how some of the brands of 14500's are just a smidge ...longer.. pole to pole than others?  maybe some of the batteries that are longer are those that are really getting wedged into the battery compartments?  I have a Trustfire and an XTAR and looking at them right now I could swear that the TrustFire is visibly about an eighth of an inch longer.

Spectre, pro build, NEC Igniter 3, NPxl
Grand Master, Azure, pro build, GHv3, NPxl
Empress (dark), Pro ffie2.2, NPxl
Dark Apprentice LE V5, Xenopixel core 30 fonts *woot*
Sentinel LE V5, Xenopixel core, 30 fonts

Jwolf83
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 09:47:07 PM »

Hey Guys,
I'm posting my question again! I purchased a dark apprentice saber and having issues removing the batteries to charge them. I watched the YouTube video and non of those methods have worked. Can someone let me know another way to remove the batteries without much risk thank you!!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 09:55:36 PM »

I use a guitar pick:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0soJ420zO0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0soJ420zO0</a>

Yes, do not use metal.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2020, 11:07:38 PM »

My 2 cents...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxnGHVLOlk0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxnGHVLOlk0</a>

Sithlord77
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -44

Embrace the Darkside!

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 12:37:07 AM »

Pretty cool "switch blade" bottle opener you have there KaiserSosay Smiley +1 for the video too

In the Arsenal:
Apprentice V4 w/ Consular Green
Dominix LE V2 w/ Blazing Red
Dark Menace w/ Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Chosen One SE w/ Tri Blazing Red w/ Obsidian V4
Graflex SE w/ Tri Consular Green w/ Obsidian V4
Bellicose w/ Obsidian V3 & Emerald 2 Channel Driver (1st Place Raffle Prize)
Archon 3.1 w/ Tri Fire Orange w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate V5 w/ Tri Guardian Blue w/ Obsidian V4
Initiate LE V4 w/ Fire Orange

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2020, 10:28:45 AM »

Yeah - that's pretty slick Kaiser. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: