Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Why I love The Mandalorian (spoilers obviously)  (Read 378 times)
ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« on: December 01, 2019, 08:34:59 PM »

I binge watched the first four episodes cause I'm kinda late to the party XD.

But if there has to be just ONE thing to love about this show, it is the father and his precious child vibes. (I say child cause I'm honestly not sure if Baby Yoda's gender has been officially revealed yet)
The Mandalorian's flash backs give us enough to work with. His parents tried to save him and were killed, and he was adopted into the Mandalorian culture. I've always thought Mandos were overrated so I'm not very well versed in them like I am in other parts of Star Wars, but I do know certain Mandalorian clans were family adoption oriented. And it seems apparent the Mando was adopted into one of these clans where family and unity are very, if not the most important thing, especially with the situation they find themselves living in. So, to see the Mando go back for the child, to risk EVERYTHING to save that boy and then ruin his reputation to keep the baby safe speaks volumes to me, shows us what kind of man this Mando is deep down and what the Mandalorians truly are when the clan members come to help their brother fight. I can't wait to see him and Baby Yoda grow closer and continue to develop this familial bond they have for eachother.

I have spoken.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:19:54 AM »

I binge watched the first four episodes cause I'm kinda late to the party XD.

But if there has to be just ONE thing to love about this show, it is the father and his precious child vibes. (I say child cause I'm honestly not sure if Baby Yoda's gender has been officially revealed yet)
The Mandalorian's flash backs give us enough to work with. His parents tried to save him and were killed, and he was adopted into the Mandalorian culture. I've always thought Mandos were overrated so I'm not very well versed in them like I am in other parts of Star Wars, but I do know certain Mandalorian clans were family adoption oriented. And it seems apparent the Mando was adopted into one of these clans where family and unity are very, if not the most important thing, especially with the situation they find themselves living in. So, to see the Mando go back for the child, to risk EVERYTHING to save that boy and then ruin his reputation to keep the baby safe speaks volumes to me, shows us what kind of man this Mando is deep down and what the Mandalorians truly are when the clan members come to help their brother fight. I can't wait to see him and Baby Yoda grow closer and continue to develop this familial bond they have for eachother.

I have spoken.

Baby Yoda is usually called a him. But yeah, I agree with you on the Mando culture thing. That is probably what has me so in love with the show (besides Baby Yoda obviously).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 01:38:33 PM »

Baby Yoda is usually called a him. But yeah, I agree with you on the Mando culture thing. That is probably what has me so in love with the show (besides Baby Yoda obviously).

Obviously. Baby Yoda is the best cute character in Star Wars!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: