Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Who else thinks SWTOR is the new direction for the movies?  (Read 4171 times)
SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« on: December 03, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »

With the ending of the current Star Wars story line, we know they will be taking it in a new direction for the next saga. Who else thinks/hopes they choose to go the route of The Old Republic? I think that would be awesome if they did. Any thoughts or hopes for the next phase of Star Wars?

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V5 (Diamond Fire Orange)
Initiate V4 w/Windows (Blazing Red)
Dark Initiate LE V4 W/Windows (Emerald Green)
Aeon V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Arctic Blue)
Dominix LE V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Blazing Red)
Remnant (Neopixel)
Frankensaber (Obsidian Lite Guardian Blue)
Baby Frankensaber (Consuler Green)
Crimson Fallen (Obsidian Lite Fire Orange)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2784

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »

The cut scenes alone makes for good movies

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 05:42:43 PM »

With the ending of the current Star Wars story line, we know they will be taking it in a new direction for the next saga. Who else thinks/hopes they choose to go the route of The Old Republic? I think that would be awesome if they did. Any thoughts or hopes for the next phase of Star Wars?
As cool as this would be, I believe it to be unlikely since it would nullify the current canon's simplistic view that there are only ever 2 Sith.

Plus, y'know......SWTOR had complex characters and plots, and we can't have any of that now. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 06:33:10 PM »

As cool as this would be, I believe it to be unlikely since it would nullify the current canon's simplistic view that there are only ever 2 Sith.

Plus, y'know......SWTOR had complex characters and plots, and we can't have any of that now. Tongue
While I agree with the majority of what Logos wrote, I think that SWTOR SHOULD (and hopefully WILL) be the focus of the future movies.  Frankly, I think that having armies of Sith vs. Jedi would be magnificent, both cinematically and for us fans.  One of the very best things about TOR was the fact that BOTH sides had their merits and foibles, spanning the spectrum of white, black, gray, and all the colors inbetween.  If anything, the movies could follow the example of "The Mandalorian" with a bit of moral ambiguity.  How'd Logos put it?  "Complex characters and plots" indeed  Wink

If anything, Disney could even justify the genre shift by the fact that the galaxy of TOR is millennia before the Skywalker Saga.  Plus: Forceusers in power armor wielding lightsabers and telekinesis?  I'll take my tickets, please  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 07:39:09 PM »

While I agree with the majority of what Logos wrote, I think that SWTOR SHOULD (and hopefully WILL) be the focus of the future movies.  Frankly, I think that having armies of Sith vs. Jedi would be magnificent, both cinematically and for us fans.  One of the very best things about TOR was the fact that BOTH sides had their merits and foibles, spanning the spectrum of white, black, gray, and all the colors inbetween.  If anything, the movies could follow the example of "The Mandalorian" with a bit of moral ambiguity.  How'd Logos put it?  "Complex characters and plots" indeed  Wink

If anything, Disney could even justify the genre shift by the fact that the galaxy of TOR is millennia before the Skywalker Saga.  Plus: Forceusers in power armor wielding lightsabers and telekinesis?  I'll take my tickets, please  Grin
C'mon. How long have you known me? All the forum vets know I would lose my $#!% in the best way if TOR were done right on the big screen. The Sith of the OR era were my inspiration for the character of Darth Logos.

I wouldn't call it a genre shift, more like "period pieces." BUT here's the biggest impenetrable brick wall: BS SABER CANON. How are you going to arm an army of Sith with sabers and stay hidden from the Jedi while you mass your forces if you have to <choking back puke> steal crystals and bleed them? There's only 2 ways around this dilemma.

1) Re-canonize synth crystals. You'll get no arguments from me on the matter. Simply make it one of many pieces of lost knowledge between the Sith Empire and TCW era.

2) Reintroduce Lignan crystals as a Dark Side equivalent to Kyber crystals. Which, I also would not oppose. If one side has an advantage, then a balanced Force would accommodate the other. It would even make it easier for me to swallow the current BS. It's not that crystal bleeding is the ONLY way dark siders get sabers, but merely ONE way. Again, making where to find them "lost knowledge".

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 08:22:59 PM »

Tepes would know better than me, but I believe that it never says in Disney Canon that Kyber is the only crystal that could ever be used. Just the most common, and the only one talked about. It is very plausible that there are some other crystals that do indeed work as lightsaber crystals.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »

Tepes would know better than me, but I believe that it never says in Disney Canon that Kyber is the only crystal that could ever be used. Just the most common, and the only one talked about. It is very plausible that there are some other crystals that do indeed work as lightsaber crystals.

I'm not holding my breath that the current crop of overlords at LF is creative enough to conceive of that. I mean Good Lawd, look how flagrantly they abused the word Kyber in R1. I swore in the first 20min if they said "Kyber" one more time

Need more proof? The FO still flies TIEs and triangular SDs, and the Resistance (which was just a cheap way to recycle Rebels) still flying X-Wings. We just HAD to have another oversized doomsdays sphere with the ability to destroy planets. Rey is constantly wearing the cold shoulder. The FO supposedly wear the names of notable Imperial Officers on their uniforms. {WTF} The FO have to have white clad STs with the same old blasters only now with more plasticky bits glued on.

Need I continue?

Sig by For Tyeth

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:43 PM »

I would hope and pray that SWTOR would be the new direction for future movies, but the way Disney works, I highly doubt it with the current regime. Maybe with the higatus they are going to take after TRoS they will get new blood at the top of the mouse house and give the fans what they want.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 10:04:23 PM »

I would hope and pray that SWTOR would be the new direction for future movies, but the way Disney works, I highly doubt it with the current regime. Maybe with the higatus they are going to take after TRoS they will get new blood at the top of the mouse house and give the fans what they want.
That would require an un-retcon to satisfy this fan.

Sig by For Tyeth

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 04:46:15 PM »

Well from some of the more recent rumors they are thinking of making the next saga more epic along the lines of the lord of the rings. and are thinking of using TOR as the new direction. we can only hope. the rumors even say they are looking into the likes of Keano Reeves and Anthony Hopkins as some of the actors and have a MUCH bigger budget. Could be a good thing! Grin

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V5 (Diamond Fire Orange)
Initiate V4 w/Windows (Blazing Red)
Dark Initiate LE V4 W/Windows (Emerald Green)
Aeon V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Arctic Blue)
Dominix LE V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Blazing Red)
Remnant (Neopixel)
Frankensaber (Obsidian Lite Guardian Blue)
Baby Frankensaber (Consuler Green)
Crimson Fallen (Obsidian Lite Fire Orange)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 06:06:00 PM »

As far as I can tell in Current Canon Kyber Crystals are the only ones that can power Lightsabers.  BUT.  What they have done is instead of a Kyber (or Kaiburr) Crystal being a certain type of crystal...it is a classification encompassing multiple types of crystals.  Currently these are the Crystals that can be called "Kybers" and used in Lightsabers.  Note there is Synthetic Crystals that were being attempted by Galen Erso but were highly unstable.

◾Adegan crystal
◾Mephite crystal

◾Barab ingot
◾Christophsis crystal
◾Corrupted crystal
◾Cracked Jedha crystal
◾Dantari crystal
◾Dragite gem
◾Ghostfire crystal
◾Ilum crystal
◾Kimber stone
◾Krayt dragon pearl
◾Lorrdian gemstone
◾Nishalorite stone
◾Obsidian
◾Pontite crystal
◾Seeker crystal
◾Solari crystal
◾Sorian crystal
◾Synthetic kyber crystal
◾Tainted Nightsister Crystal
◾Thontiin crystal
◾Varpeline crystal
◾Zophis crystal

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

Well from some of the more recent rumors they are thinking of making the next saga more epic along the lines of the lord of the rings. and are thinking of using TOR as the new direction. we can only hope. the rumors even say they are looking into the likes of Keano Reeves and Anthony Hopkins as some of the actors and have a MUCH bigger budget. Could be a good thing! Grin
If Keanu is not cast as Darth Revan, we riot.

As far as I can tell in Current Canon Kyber Crystals are the only ones that can power Lightsabers.  BUT.  What they have done is instead of a Kyber (or Kaiburr) Crystal being a certain type of crystal...it is a classification encompassing multiple types of crystals.  Currently these are the Crystals that can be called "Kybers" and used in Lightsabers.  Note there is Synthetic Crystals that were being attempted by Galen Erso but were highly unstable.

◾Adegan crystal
◾Mephite crystal

◾Barab ingot
◾Christophsis crystal
◾Corrupted crystal
◾Cracked Jedha crystal
◾Dantari crystal
◾Dragite gem
◾Ghostfire crystal
◾Ilum crystal
◾Kimber stone
◾Krayt dragon pearl
◾Lorrdian gemstone
◾Nishalorite stone
◾Obsidian
◾Pontite crystal
◾Seeker crystal
◾Solari crystal
◾Sorian crystal
◾Synthetic kyber crystal
◾Tainted Nightsister Crystal
◾Thontiin crystal
◾Varpeline crystal
◾Zophis crystal

This is a bit counter-intuitive. In R1 they made it out to be a specific material, not just a laser-producing crystal.

Also, if all of these options are available, then WHY THE #$%& do the Sith/dark side adepts have to bleed Jedi crystals?

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 07:51:47 PM »

If Keanu is not cast as Darth Revan, we riot.
This is a bit counter-intuitive. In R1 they made it out to be a specific material, not just a laser-producing crystal.

Truth. 

Also, if all of these options are available, then WHY THE #$%& do the Sith/dark side adepts have to bleed Jedi crystals?

Fanboy Canon Answer:  There are other laser producing crystals out there that aren't kybers.  Those Options are the many variants of Kyber available and in fact some don't even need to be Bled to produce Crimson blades.  Obsidian, which is what Vaders Castle is made from, produces a Red Blade naturally.  Kybers have connections to The Force which makes them perfect for Lightsabers.  Kybers are crystals which apparently consist of Organic and inorganic matter.  It basically sounds like they have Midi Chlorians in them.  But their connection to the Force is inherently tied to the Light Side and they only show themselves and  work (initially) for Jedi.  So Sith must take a Jedi's crystal.  Kind of like waiting for someone to fill up their tank and then syphoning their gas into your car.  Plus It seems it became a Rite of Passage as a Sith.  Kill a Jedi and take their Crystal as your own.

Disillusioned Fan Answer:  They couldn't keep their own bull$&*^ straight.  I'm all for making the crystals more force connected and adding mysticism to the Sabers.... but they are beginning to contradict themselves even more.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 08:39:57 PM »

Fanboy Canon Answer:  There are other laser producing crystals out there that aren't kybers.  Those Options are the many variants of Kyber available and in fact some don't even need to be Bled to produce Crimson blades.  Obsidian, which is what Vaders Castle is made from, produces a Red Blade naturally.  Kybers have connections to The Force which makes them perfect for Lightsabers.  Kybers are crystals which apparently consist of Organic and inorganic matter.  It basically sounds like they have Midi Chlorians in them.  But their connection to the Force is inherently tied to the Light Side and they only show themselves and  work (initially) for Jedi.  So Sith must take a Jedi's crystal.  Kind of like waiting for someone to fill up their tank and then syphoning their gas into your car.  Plus It seems it became a Rite of Passage as a Sith.  Kill a Jedi and take their Crystal as your own.

Disillusioned Fan Answer:  They couldn't keep their own bull$&*^ straight.  I'm all for making the crystals more force connected and adding mysticism to the Sabers.... but they are beginning to contradict themselves even more.
-_-

1) I thought the reason for all the shellty rewrites was to "wipe out" all the contradictions.
2) He has enough to build a damn castle, but he can't take a shard of scrap (because there's never any leftovers after a major construction project) to fashion a new saber, and has to do the stupid? #$%&ing awesome.
3) Why....of all the dumbass things to do....would a BLACK crystal NOT be what produces a #$%&ing BLACK blade?
4) Screw that mess. A blue blade kills just as effectively. Also, how would Purebloods have "shown their dedication to the dark side" before they had lightsabers?  ô¿o  It's the Force. Why should it give 2 farts about what color ANYTHING is. If I wear a carnation pink tuxedo instead of black robes, will that diminish my connection to the dark side? Anakin wore dark brown and black, did that impede his connection to the light side?

Sidenote: I did find out about the new thing behind why Vader really has a castle on Mustafar. Not the greatest idea, but not entirely devoid of merits.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 09:40:56 PM »

-_-

1) I thought the reason for all the shellty rewrites was to "wipe out" all the contradictions.
2) He has enough to build a damn castle, but he can't take a shard of scrap (because there's never any leftovers after a major construction project) to fashion a new saber, and has to do the stupid? #$%&ing awesome.
3) Why....of all the dumbass things to do....would a BLACK crystal NOT be what produces a #$%&ing BLACK blade?
4) Screw that mess. A blue blade kills just as effectively. Also, how would Purebloods have "shown their dedication to the dark side" before they had lightsabers?  ô¿o  It's the Force. Why should it give 2 farts about what color ANYTHING is. If I wear a carnation pink tuxedo instead of black robes, will that diminish my connection to the dark side? Anakin wore dark brown and black, did that impede his connection to the light side?

Sidenote: I did find out about the new thing behind why Vader really has a castle on Mustafar. Not the greatest idea, but not entirely devoid of merits.

1.) I believe we've established they fly by the seat of their pants now
2.) Pretty Sure that wasn't knowledge Vader had.  He knew of Illum and Bleeding but I doubt he ever learned about the other sources.  It was just the best material on Mustafar for a castle.
3.) No argument there.  Would have been the Perfect Explanation.
4.) Put it this way.  I can pick up any Viking Age Sword (specifically Wheeler Type IV) and use it effectively.  But my personal one, the one I customed the hilt for , I am much more comfortable with that one.  I see it with Swords, Knives and guns.  So while they can of course use any saber, it will never feel as right as the one they made.  That "bond" through the Force also determines the color.  That seems to be a hold over from the KOTR games just explained differently.  Blue seems to be for action oriented people (IE Anakin) Green for those attuned to the Force (Qui-Gon and Yoda), Yellow for Duty (Sentinels)...just my theory.  Of course their are exceptions (Black, Purple).  Sith, being Dark Siders, Cant bond with a Crystal so they have to steal and force them... which turns them Red.  Not to dissimilar to them using the Dark Side to form Synthetic Crystals.  This is supposed to mimic the idea of the sword being the "soul" of the Samurai.  Japanese Lore has more than a few similar Ideas about Swords "turning bad" because of their User.  So its not that their color determines their connection to the Force...their Connection to the Force determines their Color.  While I like the added mysticism to the Crystal Lore...there were better ways to present it I feel.  I might write up the way I would have done it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: