Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: How do I load new fonts?  (Read 5754 times)
KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 06:21:33 PM »

Ok I got my saber back up and running. but I cant load a new font. I try to use the Obsidian launcher to create the font, but when I go to load it, it tells me the saber isnt connected. So I dosconnect it, and reconnecte it. and it does the same thing?

Obsidian launcher is only for V3 or V4 sound boards.
The diamond launcher is for the diamond board only.
You need to use the diamond part of the editing program.

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 09:22:23 PM »

ok tried the Diamond launcher. Said there wasnt enough memory. I have over 100MB on the board free, open slots. and a file that it says is only 3.5Meg so why wont it load....lol frustration is setting in. time to walk away....lol Grin

Sabers so far:
Aeon LE V5 (Diamond Fire Orange)
Initiate V4 w/Windows (Blazing Red)
Dark Initiate LE V4 W/Windows (Emerald Green)
Aeon V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Arctic Blue)
Dominix LE V4 w/Windows (Obsidian Lite Blazing Red)
Remnant (Neopixel)
Frankensaber (Obsidian Lite Guardian Blue)
Baby Frankensaber (Consuler Green)
Crimson Fallen (Obsidian Lite Fire Orange)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 11:39:37 PM »

ok tried the Diamond launcher. Said there wasnt enough memory. I have over 100MB on the board free, open slots. and a file that it says is only 3.5Meg so why wont it load....lol frustration is setting in. time to walk away....lol Grin

If you are trying to load a file from the font selection page of the editor, it has to be a file that ends with a .pfnt extension.  That file type is sound and colors for diamond sabers only.

If you are trying to load sound files,  such as .wav or .lsu,  you need to select the font slot you want those sounds in. Then open boot effect and add the sound manual.  Then open the on effect and manually add the sound file. For just sound files, you have to load them yourself to the specific font and effect where you want that sound to play.
 I feel like I explained that horribly.  I hope you were able to follow what I mean!
The process is not as complicated as I make it sound.

As far as memory space goes, it let's me load anything. Regardless of available space. It just won't let me write to the board.  But I can load it. The available space is represented by a line that fills in green. If it loads something to large to write to board, that line turns red.
 How is it telling you there is not enough memory?

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

I have been able to load the sounds to the actions to create the font file. but when I try to write the file to an empty space / slot on the board, thats when it tells me there isnt enough memory. thats what I dont understand. it says there isnt enough memory but there is almost 200MB free? I will have to try again ans see if I can find the green bar or whatever you are talking about. but I am able to create what I think is a sound font pack that has all the sounds for the different actions. just cant write it to a spare slot on the board. it is really frustrating....lol

Sabers so far:
Remnant (Neopixel)

KaiserSosay
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 11:49:55 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M17dCTghIA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M17dCTghIA</a>

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »

THANK YOU, KaiserSosay, for the excellent video!  Point incoming.

I think this video should be linked in a sticky thread somewhere in the Diamond Database that has tips and tricks.  There IS a thread like that, right?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

SparHawk ByA
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »

ok I tried to write the font but that is where it says there isnt enough memory. Im going to try to cheat it like you did by copying an existing font and changing the sounds on it. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks  Cheesy

Sabers so far:
Remnant (Neopixel)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: