Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: RGBW or RGBA?  (Read 2194 times)
Forgotten38
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 07, 2019, 09:04:56 PM »

I'm looking to make my first saber purchase and I'm extremely excited! But I have a question maybe someone here can help me with. I really want a pyrestone orange with the diamond controller, but I'm not sure if I should choose the RGBW or the RGBA led. Which would be better for pyrestone orange?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 09:30:29 PM »

A rule of thumb that I use is RGBW for the cooler colors like Guardian Blue or Arctic Blue and RGBA for the warmer colors like orange and red

Forgotten38
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »

Will I still be able to make lighter colors if I choose?

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 11:08:29 PM »

Will I still be able to make lighter colors if I choose?

Yes you will just know that each specialize towards their specified colors

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: -168

Once you start down the dark path...

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 11:35:23 PM »

I actually show RGBA and RGBW together simultaneously in split window in the attached tutorial I did for “Son of Darkness”.

There are a wide range of colors shown with some of the effects, and you can see the difference for yourself.

In short though, all comments above are accurate ( :

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Al_T2m_SU&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Al_T2m_SU&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Video embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:53:31 AM by Infinit01 » Logged

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2019, 01:09:24 AM »

This is just my opinion, to clarify.

Get the white led not the amber.
You can do a pyrestone orange with both color choices, white or amber. Red and a little green gets you the darker orange colors. With the amber led it will be a lot easier to do though. The thing to keep in mind is the color white.
 To get a white color with the RGBA led you have to mix all the colors except amber. Meaning fully illuminated red, blue and green together makes white, kind of. A single white led produces a much better looking white light, compared to the mix of the three colors.
 I know right now you dont care about that! In a year from now you might care.
So you can get a good orange color with both the RBGW and the RBGA.  If you ever want to use just white I recommend getting the RBGW.  
 I have both types of leds in my diamond sabers. I prefer the white. It is really hard to go from a purple (mix of red and blue) to a white color,  if you use the amber. It takes a lot more work with the amber led, to get the color transition I like. The white led is a lot easier for me to use.

Again, this is just my opinion from my own experiences.  Other peoples opinions are just as valid.

Side note, diamond fonts made by me are always for a RBGW led.  The only fonts I've seen made for a RGBA led, have been made by Dark Path Media. He is probably the most knowledgeable about the use of the amber led when making fonts. You should definitely watch the video he posted, and give a little more weight to his opinions on the matter.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2019, 01:36:44 AM »

Honestly, my Renegade is the only saber I ever purchased with a RGBA setup. The other 9 or so UltraSabers I have are all RGBW.

In the end, the difference in the red and orange tones are subtle to a point where it’s almost indistinguishable.

I will saw though, that even when creating white with RGBW, I still tend to mix all the colors together to achieve that maximum brightness.

Ultrasabers currently owned: Archon v3.1 (Diamond) - Guardian (Diamond) - Spectre (Diamond) - Renegade (Diamond) - Fulcrum (Diamond) - Consular (Diamond) - Butcher (Diamond) - Menace SE Staff (Diamond) - Dark Graflex (Diamond) - Dark Sentinel v4 (Stunt) - Initiate v4 (Stunt, Summer Raffle Prize)

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »

Dark Path Media, how do you like the Renegade (diamond)? I'd like to get the LE version myself and I was thinking about getting diamond.  Do all 3 blades match when you change colors? Can you provide pictures of the changes?

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 01:04:02 AM »

Dark Path Media, how do you like the Renegade (diamond)? I'd like to get the LE version myself and I was thinking about getting diamond.  Do all 3 blades match when you change colors? Can you provide pictures of the changes?

I like the Renegade a lot personally. It’s too large for some people’s taste, but that’s why I like it. It’s the type of weapon something like a Viking SITH would wield. Between the size and the sharp side emitter accents, it’s an impressive saber to behold.

Regarding Diamond, I’ve never purchased anything else with Ultrasabers. My first saber was a Diamond and I enjoyed the versatility so much, I couldn’t go back.

Yes, all blades change color in unison; whatever colors you choose in terms of FOC, pulse, etc. The side blades will appear slightly brighter than the main blade on an in-hilt LED saber just because they are shorter - but color changing is simultaneous and smooth.

Do you just want photos of some different colors? I can do that. Alternatively, if you go to the effects showcase in the video I posted above, you can see the colors change in real time. If you watch the video within YouTube (app or browser), I included a chapter index, so you can jump right to the effects portion.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 05:21:13 AM »

DPM, I've watched the video several times now.  Thanks much. You've given me a lot to think about. It is appreciated.

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2019, 05:26:52 AM »

DPM, I've watched the video several times now.  Thanks much. You've given me a lot to think about. It is appreciated.
My pleasure Malik. Let me know if you need anything else.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2019, 01:19:34 PM »

Point to DPM for his help

Dark Path Media
Knight Captain

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2020, 02:26:02 AM »

Point to DPM for his help

Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2020, 05:37:54 AM »

I'd like to see Consular Green, Guardian Blue and Pyrestone Orange if you could.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2020, 12:09:10 PM »

Thanks Infinit01 Smiley

You're welcome!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print