Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Creating a font with multiple swing and clash effects.  (Read 1687 times)
HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« on: December 08, 2019, 02:45:43 AM »

I've been tinkering with my new Diamond prize Spectre and surprisingly think I picked up the technique of creating effects pretty quickly.  I had some practice with my Emerald Initiate.  I decided to start simple and use the Obsidian sound but just change the color effects.  I made new effects for each of the base obsidian font including 12 swings and clashes.  The problem I have run into is trying to create the font in the 10th slot.  I can only upload one swing and one clash whereas the fonts in base configuration have multiple.  I can't seem to figure out how to get all 12 swings and clashes into the font.  Is there something I'm missing?

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 05:01:08 AM »

Page 33 of the online manual...
Sounds
The sounds of an effect are easier to handle than lights: all you need to do is to add one or more sound files to the effect, using the “Add Sound” button. You can use LSU or WAV files, which will have to be formatted as mono, 16 bit, 48kHz. The green bar sets the sound volume for the effect and the little speaker button on the left is the “Mute” button.

You can add up to 15 sounds to an effect, but only the effects that are assigned to Swing, Clash, Spin or Stab events will use all of them, by randomly selecting a new one each time the effect is triggered. If you’re trying to assign an effect with more than one sound to an event that requires a single sound, the font wizard will show you a warning.

For each sound that you’re adding to the effect, a sound box will be added to the effect editor, showing you the waveform of the sound and some control buttons. You can maximize and minimize those boxes using the  and  buttons from the left.

The main reason why the waveform of each sound file is displayed in the effect editor is to make it easier for you to synchronize the sound and light. For that purpose there is a cursor (the orange vertical line) which can be moved with the mouse by keeping the left button pressed (drag and drop). It also moves automatically when you play a sound.  The cursor moves simultaneously on all sound and light boxes, so you can visualize the beat of the sound and synchronize the light sequence with it.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

HanSolo Voltron
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 67

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 10:37:55 PM »

Sorry for the late reply but thanks!  It turns out I had been trying to do an individual light effect for each different sound as opposed to adding the multiple sounds to a single light effect like you describe.  Works like a charm now!  Just wish I had more time to play.

Sabers: Scorpion Tri-AB, lite.  Chosen One SE Tri-BR, v4 sound.  Dark Initiate LE V5, Emerald w v4 sound.  Apprentice v5 LE staff SRD, v4 sound.  Spectre, Diamond.  Manticore PO, v4 sound.  Archon v2.1, Emerald w v4 sound.
Wish list: 1.  Graflex CE  2.  Emperor's Hand 3. Fallen of some kind (undecided).  4.  Princess of some kind (undecided)

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 04:43:03 AM »

glad you got it all worked out!  the diamond's a beast to play with...

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 11:25:33 AM »

Sorry for the late reply but thanks!  It turns out I had been trying to do an individual light effect for each different sound as opposed to adding the multiple sounds to a single light effect like you describe.  Works like a charm now!  Just wish I had more time to play.

Isn't it cool?  I'm getting really good at making my own effects now.  Very impressive the things you can do with this!

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: