Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sentinel LE V5  (Read 1826 times)
jody26279
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 09, 2019, 09:54:12 PM »

I just purchased my first saber ever as a "base model" with light only, so here's my question. What do I need to take it from "base model" to "top of the line"?

soundboard, speaker,...…..

Any help would be much appreciated.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 10:10:57 PM »

Basically hand it back to US so they can gut it to put an RGB LED in it, a Diamond controller and the 2 li-ion batteries.

$395 before tax and shipping, for all the above and the hilt. (new saber).

For a re-build, you would have to contact them and see what they say the total cost (plus shipping) they will require to do the upgrade.

New saber would qualify for the 20% discount for the event right now.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

jody26279
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:21:32 PM »

I was actually wanting to do this myself

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 10:29:03 PM »

Best you could do with US parts is a Obsidian v3 or v4 sound board, ($125.00 or $135.00), 2x 14500 Li-Ion Battery Holder/Speaker Combo ($19.00). Parts listed in the lightsaber parts section.Then you would have the experience of soldering it up yourself. You would be able to use the LED module & resistor you already have though.

Emerald, Diamond controller and RGB LED US does not usually sell separately. Diagrams are listed in the forums.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 10:33:32 PM »

Basically hand it back to US so they can gut it to put an RGB LED in it, a Diamond controller and the 2 li-ion batteries.

$395 before tax and shipping, for all the above and the hilt. (new saber).

For a re-build, you would have to contact them and see what they say the total cost (plus shipping) they will require to do the upgrade.

New saber would qualify for the 20% discount for the event right now.

I was actually wanting to do this myself

Keep in mind that if you do ANY modifications yourself, you void the warranty from UltraSabers.  If that’s not an issue, then rock on, you go full-out DIY on it, and keep us posted with pics, please!

If on the other hand, you pull back from doing it yourself, keep in mind that, as chalion stated, the price for a new hilt with everything you listed pre-installed is about $400.  Well, by the time you send back your current hilt to UltraSabers and get everything extra added (or upgraded/replaced to work with the new components, like switches, power supply, and the like), it will be close to that, PLUS you have to pay shipping both ways (although by not sending the blade in either direction, that particular expense is lessened greatly).  I have inquired about upgrading an existing hilt to have sound (either basic, v3, v4, or Diamond), and the price difference between upgrading and buying another saber is so small that I would rather spend the extra money and have TWO sabers, only one of which had sound.

The only exception to this so far is my Frankensaber, which, when time and money allow, is quite likely to become a DIAMOND Frankensaber, because I simply cannot buy another one of a one-of-a-kind hilt.

You owe it to yourself, I think, to send an email to CustomerService@ultrasabers.com and ask the questions, just so you can have the information you need.  No matter which way you go, we will all sit back out here in Internet-land and cheer you on, wanting pics and maybe even videos.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 10:39:23 PM »

Keep in mind that if you do ANY modifications yourself, you void the warranty from UltraSabers.  If that’s not an issue, then rock on, you go full-out DIY on it, and keep us posted with pics, please!

I forgot to mention that. Have a point for catching that.

jody26279
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 08:01:22 PM »

Is the LED glued in place?

chalion
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2019, 01:38:55 AM »

Is the LED glued in place?

In a Sentinel v5, all that's holding it in place is the blade when it's installed. When the blade is removed, the LED Module can be extracted by pointing the emitter end of the hilt down and gently tap on the pommel and it should just fall out, but still retained by a length of wire connected to the switch and battery. There should be enough extra length of wire for it to just clear the emitter.

The way that US installs their electronics is that all of it is pushed thru the pommel (the led housing is not screwed into place yet), the leads to the switch soldered on, then the switch pushed into the hole drilled for it then hot glued into place. Then the LED is screwed into the LED module, then pushed back into place and the blade installed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: