Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Courtship Of Princess Leia  (Read 580 times)
ElvenSkywalker83
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 14

« on: December 14, 2019, 12:22:09 AM »

I'll start off by saying this was a good read, but not at the top of my list. I have some problems with it, and lots of praise too. My main problem though, would probably be about how Han kidnapped Leia just to try and get her to love him again since the prince of Hapan, Isolder, has asked for Leia's hand in marriage. Han is pretty dang eccentric in the first act and it kinda turned me off towards him, though by the end Han Solo is back to his normal self, and he gets the girl! Thank goodness too, the Solo Kids are easily some of the best characters in the EU.

I do love the EU version of the Nightsisters, no doubt about it. In the EU, the Nightsisters are the witchish equivalent of the Sith, while clan witches are just that, witches. Teneniel was such a silly, charming character too, I found myself laughing several times whenever she acted strangely, from trying to bribe Luke into being her husband, to kriffing undressing in front of Isolder. This girl is crazy, but she's a fun character and I love her arc. My favorite part has got to be when Teneniel used hatred to kill two or three Nightsisters, and the turmoil she felt afterwards towards such a horrible deed. Obviously clan witches very much fear becoming evil, and I really like how these witches have a conscience that is never displayed in Clone Wars Dathomir witch arcs.

I also really like how Luke's power grew exceptionally in this book. Timothy Zahn really paid attention to Luke's journey throughout the EU. Luke trusts the Force and at this stage, believes you can do anything with the Force as long as your intentions are good. Which is why the Hand of Thrawn Duology is kriffing amazing, Luke's perception changed as he grew. This ideal of his about the Force was very naive til the Duology, and it really shows the attention authors put towards how Luke could continue to develop as a person and a Jedi. It's really just amazing!

All in all, this story had it's rocky moments, and it was not my absolute favorite, but it was good and entertaining, and I'd take it over Disney Canon anyday.

May the Force be with you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: