Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Combat Ready Fallen question  (Read 2077 times)
RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« on: December 16, 2019, 03:43:52 PM »

Anyone know of a guide to removing the side fins from the emitter so I can have this baby powdercoated?

My Ulttasabers: Centurion- an Aeon LE v5
                             -Black Combat Ready Fallen

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 04:47:55 PM »

Unfortunately I don't own a Fallen, but from what I recall from several posts (and I believe their video about the Fallen) the combatready emitter has it's fins attached with screws instead of pins like the non-combat-version. So I would think you can just remove the screws and then pick the fins off.

But maybe I'm wrong and it's a bit more complicated. Undecided

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »

Anyone know of a guide to removing the side fins from the emitter so I can have this baby powdercoated?

Do you have the combat-ready emitter or the "show" emitter?

The combat-ready emitter uses screws to hold it on, they can be accessed by carefully removing the center "bumper", which is a cover that is glued down. 

The "show" emitter is held in place by pins.   Removal would be accomplished by carefully inserting a thin blade or prying tool between the emitter face and mounting block and levering it up.   Similar to removing the emitter claws on the Aeon V5.   I don't know how well this works, however, or how strong the hold of the pins will be after removal.  If they use the same sort of pin as they did on the Aeon V5 claws, the pins are basically tension pins that compress when you force them into the hole, using the spring tension of the compression to hold in place.  But that is an assumption based on the construction of the V5, as I only own the combat emitter, not the beauty emitter.  It seems logical that they would use a similar construction technique, but it is an assumption on my part.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 05:34:11 PM »

A

RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »

Do you have the combat-ready emitter or the "show" emitter?

The combat-ready emitter uses screws to hold it on, they can be accessed by carefully removing the center "bumper", which is a cover that is glued down. 

The "show" emitter is held in place by pins.   Removal would be accomplished by carefully inserting a thin blade or prying tool between the emitter face and mounting block and levering it up.   Similar to removing the emitter claws on the Aeon V5.   I don't know how well this works, however, or how strong the hold of the pins will be after removal.  If they use the same sort of pin as they did on the Aeon V5 claws, the pins are basically tension pins that compress when you force them into the hole, using the spring tension of the compression to hold in place.  But that is an assumption based on the construction of the V5, as I only own the combat emitter, not the beauty emitter.  It seems logical that they would use a similar construction technique, but it is an assumption on my part.

I have the combat ready version.  Are you sure the covers are glued on over the fin screws? That would mean powder coating the emitter section would force me to remove them...ouch

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 05:44:51 PM »

I have the combat ready version.  Are you sure the covers are glued on over the fin screws? That would mean powder coating the emitter section would force me to remove them...ouch

Not 100% sure, but someone else posted about removing them and I am pretty sure they are.   Unfortunately I don't have the link to the post handy.  :-/

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

andehzarz
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2019, 01:34:21 AM »

If you're talking about the emitter guard then yes, you can take them off! You have to pop off the little small cover fin that's glued on. The Glue used is most likely super glue. You can take a flat head screw driver and push it from inside out. Once the cover fin it off you will see 2 screws holding the emitter guard in place. Here's a picture.

20191216-202417" border="0

Once you remove everything you should see a spacer between the emitter and the guard, 2 screws, 1 cover fine plate, and the emitter guard itself.

RadeFox
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 04:27:25 AM »

If you're talking about the emitter guard then yes, you can take them off! You have to pop off the little small cover fin that's glued on. The Glue used is most likely super glue. You can take a flat head screw driver and push it from inside out. Once the cover fin it off you will see 2 screws holding the emitter guard in place. Here's a picture.

20191216-202417" border="0

Once you remove everything you should see a spacer between the emitter and the guard, 2 screws, 1 cover fine plate, and the emitter guard itself.

Yep, I just came to post my own disassembled pics. Its very easy to take apart.

Now I just have to choose a color scheme from the powdercoating rainbow.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2020, 09:08:17 PM »

Thanks for the pictures and information on how to get the fins off.  I'm waiting on my empty hilt and only option was combat at time of purchse.  I like the "show" version look better but the accent pieces are not terrible.  I was hoping to modify the combat version by removing the accent pieces. Now hoping US sends the non-combat version - bet i can get those fins secured without adding GIGANTIC HOLES! 
I wonder why that was the final design...

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2020, 05:16:51 PM »

Thanks for the pictures and information on how to get the fins off.  I'm waiting on my empty hilt and only option was combat at time of purchse.  I like the "show" version look better but the accent pieces are not terrible.  I was hoping to modify the combat version by removing the accent pieces. Now hoping US sends the non-combat version - bet i can get those fins secured without adding GIGANTIC HOLES! 
I wonder why that was the final design...

I think the emitter looks great WITHOUT the fins at all, even with the mounting holes exposed... looks very industrial.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

cyanideguy
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2020, 04:52:07 PM »

Hi guys, does anyone know how to remove the small rectangular piece between the AV switch and the emitter?

MercuryKungFu
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 110

Let It All Go. Fear, Doubt, And Disbelief

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »

Almighty almighty, coordinates 090264712.

nunya
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 59

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2020, 10:58:53 PM »

Hi guys, does anyone know how to remove the small rectangular piece between the AV switch and the emitter?
scroll up?
for the standard emitter i am still exploring options.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: