Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Small hands - catalyst and manticore sabers?  (Read 870 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« on: December 24, 2019, 10:30:13 PM »

Hi
I’m looking for some advice - I’m  5’7”  and have small to medium sized hands. My question is what is the catalyst and Manticore sabers like with their grip? (As in, are they really chunky?).

I purchased a fallen saber for my husband and it’s way too thick/big for me to comfortably use. I have been looking and both the catalyst and manticore sabers with the mind of purchasing two of each and a quick release  coupler to make it into a saberstaff but I’m not sure if the grip will be narrow enough for me.
I have a saberstaff in the sentinel v4 Le and that works like a dream!

Thank you in advance for any help given x

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »

Catalyst diameter, based on the pommel diameter, is about 1.4 inches. The Manticore diameter, based on a guess from the description on the main site, is 1.5 inches (because the description says it 1/5" diameter, and I'm pretty sure that's just a typo since the . and / are right next to each other on a keyboard. And I know it's not 1/5 of an inch in diameter.). By way of comparison, the Sentinel is 1.45 inches in diameter.

However, the Catalyst is 12.5 inches long, whereas the Manticore is only 11". Both of those measurements are with pommel, but in looking at each pommel on the site, both are 1.1 inches long, so putting a coupler on two takes the same length off of either hilt. Again as comparison, the Sentinel is 12.375 inches long.

Since you're 5'7", and since the diameter difference is only 0.05 inches, I would recommend the Manticore, as it's shorter. However, since you already like the Sentinel and it's longer than either of these, you would probably do ok with the Catalyst as well. Personally I like the Catalyst more, but that's really just personal preference.

Just to double check though, are you absolutely sure you're using two Sentinels and not two Apprentices?

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2019, 12:45:58 AM »

These are two of my favorite sabers. You have good taste!
 I would recommend the Manticore over the Catalyst.  The Catalyst has to be modified if you want to change out the emitter.  The Manticore is ready for a new emitter with no modifications.  Here is a link to more info and pictures of the Catalyst disassembled. 

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=34969.0

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: