Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Wont Turn On  (Read 2926 times)
iiBenzo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 26, 2019, 03:06:05 AM »

Hello,
So I just got and unboxed the saber yesterday evening for Christmas, worked perfectly (was really cool). This morning I removed the pommel and carefully slid out the battery pack with the diamond controller attached (exactly and as safe as in the provided videos on the website), changed the colours with the software for the diamond controller (downloaded from ultrasabers website), saved everything and wrote to card. Unplugged, all good. The second time I did it while doing it the saber shut off so I disconnected the micro usb saber would not turn on, attempted to charge which still isn't fixing the issue.

Is there anyway I can get it working again? And what did I do wrong?

Thanks,
Ben

Specs:
[Choose Your Configuration: Diamond Controller]
[Diamond Controller LED Type: RGBW LED [Recommended]]
[Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup (Batteries & Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port: Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger]
[Diamond Sound: Diamond Sound]
[Switch Type: Red Illuminated Black AV Switch]

cbenske101
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 05:31:58 AM »

Hey Ben, I actually had the same issue today as well. It was my second time changing the color configuration and it shut off as well. I found that replacing the batteries in the battery pack helped me personally because I don’t have a rechargeable port but it could be totally different from you the one thing I am still stuck on is the fact that the lights inside the hilt will not light up. But if you do have physical batteries in it I’d suggest taking them out and putting new ones in

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 06:42:49 AM »

Take the batteries out. This "resets" the saber.

Put them back in, plug in the recharge port, fully charge the batteries.

AFTER they are fully charged, turn the saber on.

THEN connect the saber to the computer, with it (the saber) still turned on.

Then start the Diamond launcher. You'll probably have to reset/reassign all of the sound fonts/colors/etc. Make sure to save everything.

I suggest leaving the saber plugged into the recharge port during the process to make sure the batteries stay charged. That will allow you to take as much time as you want/need to get everything set back up. (Yes, I know the process doesn't take that long, but I've known people to spend HOURS messing with the Diamond settings, and end up having their batteries die in the process... and then have to do everything all over again. This is one of the reasons why I always get a recharge port.)

Remember, always turn the saber on, then connect to the computer. Never connect first.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 01:29:03 AM »

Am i allowed to removed the electrical tape on the housing to check the wires with out voiding the warranty>
also can i have a MOD move my post to a more appropriate place please?

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 06:36:22 AM »

Am i allowed to removed the electrical tape on the housing to check the wires with out voiding the warranty>
also can i have a MOD move my post to a more appropriate place please?
Removing the tape will void the warranty as there will be no way to confirm whether or not your removing damaged the wiring or if you did something else while it's off.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

GeneralMalice-
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 83

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 04:02:48 PM »

Removing the tape will void the warranty as there will be no way to confirm whether or not your removing damaged the wiring or if you did something else while it's off.

Thank you kindly

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: