Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: JOHN HENRY Official Trailer  (Read 973 times)
Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« on: December 26, 2019, 04:13:16 PM »

Terry Crews as a hero and Ludacris as the villain? I'm in

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjHyKERFXM&amp;feature=em-uploademail" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jjHyKERFXM&amp;feature=em-uploademail</a>

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:23 PM »

Looks a bit like a Luke Cage ripoff. But it could be fun. Abd is it just me, or does Terry Crewes look better with the beard?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 07:29:31 PM »

I say it's different. It's about a man who abandoned his former gang life to take care of his father.  There's a folklore about John Henry who was tough and beat a machine with building a rail road.  In the movie, John also walks around with a sledge hammer paying tribute to the folklore

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:02:55 PM »

I say it's different. It's about a man who abandoned his former gang life to take care of his father.  There's a folklore about John Henry who was tough and beat a machine with building a rail road.  In the movie, John also walks around with a sledge hammer paying tribute to the folklore
As someone whose only knowledge of the John Henry folklore comes from the Reign of the Superman storyline after Doomsday killed Superman in the comics (so, basically, next to nothing) I stick with my first impression. I know that the final movie will be it's own thing. Just saying, first impression was it looks like a Luke Cage ripoff (not exactly beat for beat the same, but similar themes). By the way, I really liked Luke Cage, so if this movies gives us some of that drama, storytelling and flava then I'll be happy. But, Terry needs to keep the beard.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 08:49:45 PM »

You are thinking of John Henry Irons, not the original John Henry but still, kudos to you for recognizing John Henry Irons as Steel.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 09:25:20 PM »

You are thinking of John Henry Irons, not the original John Henry but still, kudos to you for recognizing John Henry Irons as Steel.
Which proves my point!  Grin But thank you for the kudos points Smiley

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 12:23:57 AM »

Which proves my point!  Grin But thank you for the kudos points Smiley

When You get a chance, you should look up the Legend of John Henry..one of America's first original Folk Lore along with Paul Bunyan. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: