Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Some questions from someone new to this.  (Read 2647 times)
EccOMyth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« on: December 26, 2019, 10:27:29 PM »

Hi all.

I just ordered my first two sabers from US. Did two Mystery boxes and one of them i scored a Sentinel LE v4 Windows Stunt and a Fulcrum AV w/Emerald v3.  Shocked

My question is with the Emerald one, it didn't mention what type of sound it has. Would there be something standard that comes with the Emerald v3? I thought the Emerald was just a LED driver? Would i have to fiddle with the insides to find out?

Thanks all!
~EccOMyth the Gray

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

*Sentinel v4 LE Windowed Stunt w/Orange Blade
*Fulcrum AV Emerald v3 w/Sound
*Aeon V5 LE w/Premium Sound and SRD
*Initiate v4 ~2020 Winter Raffle 2nd Place Prize Upgraded to Diamond

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 06:49:16 AM »

The Emerald does NOT necessarily have sound (you are correct that it's just the LED driver. Only the Diamond is LED/Sound combined). If it does have sound, it's the Obsidian v4 (the Obsidian LITE is not compatible with the Emerald board, and the Obsidian v3 hasn't been available for I don't know how long now).

Here's the easiest way I know of to check to see if it has sound: Turn it on. If it makes lightsaber noises, it has sound. If it does not make lightsaber noises, then it probably doesn't have sound.

If it does not make lightsaber noises, and you want to make absolutely sure it doesn't have sound, take the pommel off and slide out the battery pack (or really, just look at the end of the battery pack). If there is a speaker there, then it does have sound, just not sound fonts assigned (would be my guess). If there is not a speaker there, then it definitely does not have sound.

You still have a couple of awesome sabers either way though.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

EccOMyth
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 01:53:50 AM »

The Emerald does NOT necessarily have sound (you are correct that it's just the LED driver. Only the Diamond is LED/Sound combined). If it does have sound, it's the Obsidian v4 (the Obsidian LITE is not compatible with the Emerald board, and the Obsidian v3 hasn't been available for I don't know how long now).

Here's the easiest way I know of to check to see if it has sound: Turn it on. If it makes lightsaber noises, it has sound. If it does not make lightsaber noises, then it probably doesn't have sound.

If it does not make lightsaber noises, and you want to make absolutely sure it doesn't have sound, take the pommel off and slide out the battery pack (or really, just look at the end of the battery pack). If there is a speaker there, then it does have sound, just not sound fonts assigned (would be my guess). If there is not a speaker there, then it definitely does not have sound.

You still have a couple of awesome sabers either way though.

Thanks, it does have sound. So i guess it's the Obsidian v4. Nice. Was a good score for sure. I'll check out vids on how to change fonts and such.

~EccOMyth the Gray

"Well, I assure you, I see more grey than dark or light. I'm just a stubborn old man, tired of the foolishness of others."
―Jolee Bindo, to Revan, in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk

*Sentinel v4 LE Windowed Stunt w/Orange Blade
*Fulcrum AV Emerald v3 w/Sound
*Aeon V5 LE w/Premium Sound and SRD
*Initiate v4 ~2020 Winter Raffle 2nd Place Prize Upgraded to Diamond

Sakura No Kaze
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -175

DS if I've earned a point.

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 05:53:09 AM »

I need to correct myself, the Obsidian v3 is still available. You'll know which one you have when you connect the saber to the computer and start the launcher program (MAKE SURE TO TURN THE SABER ON BEFORE CONNECTING IT TO THE COMPUTER!!! This applies to both the Obsidian and Emerald launcher programs.)

You'll be able to tell which you have by the number of sound font banks you have. If it's just one, it's a v3, if it's more than that it's a v4.

Give a person an answer to their question and they get your answer. Teach a person how to use the forum Search function, and they get everyone's answer.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"My battery is low and it's getting dark" ~Final message from the Mars Opportunity rover, after exceeding it's 90 day mission plan by 14+ years.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2019, 08:32:56 PM »

I need to correct myself, the Obsidian v3 is still available. You'll know which one you have when you connect the saber to the computer and start the launcher program (MAKE SURE TO TURN THE SABER ON BEFORE CONNECTING IT TO THE COMPUTER!!! This applies to both the Obsidian and Emerald launcher programs.)

You'll be able to tell which you have by the number of sound font banks you have. If it's just one, it's a v3, if it's more than that it's a v4.

Point for this answer; it’s correcting what you said earlier, it’s direct and to the point without being rude, and it has supporting information to help make sure the answer is actually HELPFUL, not just correct.

I’d give you another point strictly for your signature, but that’ll have to wait until the 24-hour timer has expired since the last point I gave you.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: