Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Author Topic: Motorcycle Theory Test  (Read 13816 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2020, 07:32:16 PM »

Yeah. if you read my first post on this thread you will see the breakdown of age group and who can ride what CC and what you need to do in order to get a full licence.

Personally, I think it's sensible limiting younger riders to a lower CC. Helps prevent inexperienced riders getting a bike too powerful for their experience level, which makes the roads (a little) safer.

Ironically, there's a statistic that shows that a high percentage of motorcycle accidents in the UK happen at low speed. Which is why they place so much emphassi on slow control manoeuvres.

For many here in the states by 16 they have already been riding for longer than most of the adults (comparatively).  Same with cars, I was learning to drive starting at age 6...by the time I was 16 I was perfectly comfortable behind the wheel and knew the rules.

Edit:  To clarify People who are raised like this (IME) aren't just thrown out into the road.  They are taught slowly over years.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »

Hey, Knox, if you take a longer trip up North and just happen upon Hogwarts, share pics with the rest of us!  Of course, to a Muggle, it’ll just look like ruins with signs that say “Danger! No Trespassing” or something, but still... we won’t know that’s NOT Hogwarts, now will we?

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2020, 09:38:32 PM »

Hey, Knox, if you take a longer trip up North and just happen upon Hogwarts, share pics with the rest of us!  Of course, to a Muggle, it’ll just look like ruins with signs that say “Danger! No Trespassing” or something, but still... we won’t know that’s NOT Hogwarts, now will we?
Scotland will be part of the trip. But, I spent 5 days in Edinburgh a couple years ago (including parts that I aspired JK when she was writing Potter) so this time will be a passing visit. Will be spending a couple of days in Glasgow though.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2020, 02:47:33 PM »

Scotland will be part of the trip. But, I spent 5 days in Edinburgh a couple years ago (including parts that I aspired JK when she was writing Potter) so this time will be a passing visit. Will be spending a couple of days in Glasgow though.

One of the few things I do Envy about you guys over the pond.... you can travel to other countries in just a matter of hours in a car/bike/train.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »

One of the few things I do Envy about you guys over the pond.... you can travel to other countries in just a matter of hours in a car/bike/train.
Yep. 3 or 4 hours and I can be in Paris.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »

Yep. 3 or 4 hours and I can be in Paris.

I drive 2 hours every day to work...4 in total

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2020, 09:55:53 PM »

I drive 2 hours every day to work...4 in total

That nonsense right there is why I am THRILLED that I work from home full time.  I do NOT miss spending half a workday in traffic.

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2020, 10:48:37 PM »

That nonsense right there is why I am THRILLED that I work from home full time.  I do NOT miss spending half a workday in traffic.

I'd love to work from home.... Sadly I'm not in a job where that's possible.   So I spend more time at work or on the road than at home

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2020, 11:21:10 PM »

On my current bike, it takes me 35 mins to get to work in the morning. And that's if various traffic lights are on red when I approach. On a good day I can be there in 25 mins. It will be interesting to see what the journey time will be on the new bike.

Curious thing. When I used to cycle to work, it only took me 25mins (probably cos when safe I wouldn't stop at red lights. Plus there's a great short cut that bicycles can take that other vehicles can't).

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2020, 04:00:57 PM »

Just had my Module 2 test and passed, with 0 minors! I am now fully qualified to ride any motorcycle I want.

And in other news, when I got home after the test, I found a delivery truck waiting for me with my new bike! Payday tomorrow, so will be able to get her insured, pay the road tax and then take her out for her first trip at the weekend.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2020, 06:21:10 PM »

Congrats, Knox!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2020, 08:10:12 PM »

Thanks man.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »

Just had my Module 2 test and passed, with 0 minors! I am now fully qualified to ride any motorcycle I want.

And in other news, when I got home after the test, I found a delivery truck waiting for me with my new bike! Payday tomorrow, so will be able to get her insured, pay the road tax and then take her out for her first trip at the weekend.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2020, 03:52:47 AM »

Oh, WELL done!  Sounds like excellent timing, too.  It’s almost like you had a plan or something!  LOL

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2020, 08:05:44 PM »

So, my new bike is insured and taxed for road use. Even thought the weather forecast for tomorrow is grey and wet, that's why I invested in thermal waterproofs. I'll be heading up to my hometown to visit my dad to finalise some details for my mum's funeral. 120 mile round trip, which should be fun. Ordered a few parts so I can start modifying here. Given how crappy the year started I am grabbing hold of these happiness nuggets while I can.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: