Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Motorcycle Theory Test  (Read 13696 times)
Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2020, 11:56:15 PM »

So, my new bike is insured and taxed for road use. Even thought the weather forecast for tomorrow is grey and wet, that's why I invested in thermal waterproofs. I'll be heading up to my hometown to visit my dad to finalise some details for my mum's funeral. 120 mile round trip, which should be fun. Ordered a few parts so I can start modifying here. Given how crappy the year started I am grabbing hold of these happiness nuggets while I can.

Be safe!  I know you’ll take care of yourself, but remember to watch out for idiots... their actions (or lack thereof) can override a lot of caution on your part.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2020, 12:16:08 AM »

Be safe!  I know you’ll take care of yourself, but remember to watch out for idiots... their actions (or lack thereof) can override a lot of caution on your part.
That's more an issue riding in central London (buses, lorries, cyclists, cars, vans, trucks, pedestrians walking out into the road without looking because they are engrossed with their mobile phone). Once you leave the city and hit the A-roads and motorways it's far easier and safer. I'm looking forward to actually having some power to overtake now (safely), as well as be able to go faster than 50mph without my bike sounding like it's having an asthma attack.

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2020, 03:08:28 PM »

That's awesome, Knox! Keep the rubber side down, k?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2020, 05:32:26 PM »

That's awesome, Knox! Keep the rubber side down, k?

Yes indeed, rubber side down!

lowlead
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -38

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2020, 03:57:49 AM »

Great thread, and CONGRATS on getting your Triumph on the road, Knox!

I love to ride, and rural Maine is a perfect place for it - for about half the year, that is Grin

Growing up I had zero interest in motorcycles, as the danger factor was entrenched in my brain.  Fast forward to 2010, when my gf at the time convinced me to take a weekend riding course.  "Sure," I said.  "I'll gladly take the course with you, but you're crazy if you think I'm gonna run out and buy a bike afterwards."  HA!  Guess who spent the following weeks scouring all the power sports dealers for a new ride!  I got hooked, no turning back.  The gf not so much, unfortunately!  Two 'metric' cruisers, and two Harleys later, I finally found my keeper...

2015 HD Dyna Wide Glide

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2020, 08:15:53 AM »

Great thread, and CONGRATS on getting your Triumph on the road, Knox!

I love to ride, and rural Maine is a perfect place for it - for about half the year, that is Grin

Growing up I had zero interest in motorcycles, as the danger factor was entrenched in my brain.  Fast forward to 2010, when my gf at the time convinced me to take a weekend riding course.  "Sure," I said.  "I'll gladly take the course with you, but you're crazy if you think I'm gonna run out and buy a bike afterwards."  HA!  Guess who spent the following weeks scouring all the power sports dealers for a new ride!  I got hooked, no turning back.  The gf not so much, unfortunately!  Two 'metric' cruisers, and two Harleys later, I finally found my keeper...

2015 HD Dyna Wide Glide
She's a beauty. And I know exactly what you mean about being hooked. Took Penny out on the road up to my hometown yesterday.  Despite always saying I have no desire to go above 60mph, there I was in the fast lane, cruising along at 80mph, singing out loud to songs on my ear buds! Such an enjoyable journey.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: