Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help! wiped my sound....  (Read 1674 times)
Darth Griff
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -4

And now we shall have peace....Lore Expert.

« on: January 01, 2020, 01:58:13 AM »

so i got my 'premium sound' saber and watched a youtube vid about downloading the wizard etc. so...

downloaded the wizard from the above section and installed it.

went to the sabers site and downloaded sith sound and the standard obisidan sound so i couln go back to that as i assume thats what my saber is loaded with from the factory.

Tried to load the sith sound onto the saber, ended up wipin all sound from it :-(

Have (supposedly) both those fonts saved in the 'pictures' file on this crappy little notepad pc im using for some reason, if that makes any difference.

have tried moving those files desktop

when i got to the 'sounds wizard' section of the US Launcher and try to open either of the sound fonts the wizard wont find them. Cant click and drag them into it either. Cant "Load' a sound from your hard drive.

ive broked it and i is unhappy.....

plz help

Dark side point fiend....

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 05:48:53 AM »

Cancel.

Managed to reinstal it after playing around for ages, then trying via a macbook and finding the original font in the app on the mac.

Note, still on the mac if you download the sounds and try and open them via the ‘load’ it doesnt seem to work.

More intuitive app processes would be good.

App is tricky to say the least.

Saber more than makes up for it...

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 02:56:30 PM »

Since you were able to recover, glad you were able to get it back.

Now, copy those files and keep them in several safe places. usb memory stick, external hard drive, etc. You can never have enough backups.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 07:41:27 PM »

Since you were able to recover, glad you were able to get it back.

Now, copy those files and keep them in several safe places. usb memory stick, external hard drive, etc. You can never have enough backups.
Like chalion says, I’m very glad you got them back. 

In addition to keeping multiple backups of these files, as chalion suggests, I suggest you also read several threads on here about using the Launcher software to update your fonts, and you read very thoroughly any documentation that comes with the software.  (Some people just jump right into using software without reading instructions.  To me, this is crazy talk, but some people think it’s the way things should be handled.)  If you’ve already done this, then I suggest you spend more time watching the tutorials that other users have posted about using the software. 

I don’t mean to be rude, but if it’s not working the way you think it should (and it quite obviously is not), then do more research on how other people have gotten it to work, and try to change the way you think about it, so that you can get it to work for you.  This community has lots of resources other than the software manual, so take advantage of other people’s experience here, and learn from OTHER PEOPLE’s mistakes, so you don’t have to make the same ones yourself.  And if you find a way of doing things that you don’t see documented here, and you think it’s a better way of doing things, then by alll means, SHARE what you’ve found with the rest of us!

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 12:56:37 AM »

I came here to lead not to read...

Only joking, i love using that line.

Youre right, lots pf reading and watching of tuturials to be done, and fun to be had doing so.

Particularly seeing as i ordered an emerald saber with a v4 soundboard last night...

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 10:46:27 PM »

Addictive, isn't it?

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Darth Griff
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 09:28:22 AM »

It is.

Been 13 days, checking my email every half hour every day and my junk folder waiting for that ‘shipped’ email...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: