Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Greetings from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan  (Read 1850 times)
ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« on: January 01, 2020, 05:47:33 PM »

Hiya, I'm Zanar. I live in the Keweenaw Peninsula of the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lots of peninsulas, even the peninsulas have peninsulas where I live.

I'm a father of two, both of whom have gotten into lightsabers recently themselves. They're a bit young for any major investment yet, but we'll see as they get a little older.

I just bought my first saber a week ago, so I don't have anything amazing to show off or share yet. Obviously that makes me new around here. I've been reading posts for the last week or so, finally decided to get around to making my own.

For those who were curious of what I got, I have a Phantom V2 staff in Adegan Silver. Stunt configuration. Money is low, thus the cheaper configuration, but I wanted to take advantage of the sale to let me get SOMETHING while I build money/wait for tax return to get something a lot more expensive. Plus I always liked the silver lightsabers in games like Knights of the Old Republic, so after fighting with myself over which color to choose I went nice and simple.

Light side points when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 07:03:13 PM »

Hey there, Zanar. Welcome to the forum and glad to see that your padawans started their training. Congrats on the Phantom V2 staff in the AS blade, I bet they're a sight to behold! Do post pictures when you can

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 09:31:15 PM »

I will try to remember, but I make no promises since a lot can happen between now and then.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 12:13:22 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new saber.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2020, 01:16:16 AM »

Welcome to the forum

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2020, 03:15:07 AM »

A YOOPER!!!!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!  Please do post pictures when you can; we like pictures here a lot.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2020, 03:28:47 AM »

A YOOPER!!!!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum!  Please do post pictures when you can; we like pictures here a lot.

Technically I'm a troll. I'm from the lower peninsula. My kids are yoopers though.

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2020, 05:00:14 AM »

In that case, this is for your kids.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1b_D4pLu4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU1b_D4pLu4</a>

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 06:26:56 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

Chadxxx
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 05:37:29 PM »

Hiya, I'm Zanar. I live in the Keweenaw Peninsula of the upper peninsula of Michigan. Lots of peninsulas, even the peninsulas have peninsulas where I live.

I'm a father of two, both of whom have gotten into lightsabers recently themselves. They're a bit young for any major investment yet, but we'll see as they get a little older.

I just bought my first saber a week ago, so I don't have anything amazing to show off or share yet. Obviously that makes me new around here. I've been reading posts for the last week or so, finally decided to get around to making my own.

For those who were curious of what I got, I have a Phantom V2 staff in Adegan Silver. Stunt configuration. Money is low, thus the cheaper configuration, but I wanted to take advantage of the sale to let me get SOMETHING while I build money/wait for tax return to get something a lot more expensive. Plus I always liked the silver lightsabers in games like Knights of the Old Republic, so after fighting with myself over which color to choose I went nice and simple.

They locked my thread! 😭😭😭lol

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 11:12:11 PM »

They locked my thread! 😭😭😭lol

Shhh, don't let them see mine. They might lock that too.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 02:32:43 AM »

Hey guys!   First, welcome!   I am also from the great Mitten of the North.   :-)   I live a bit further south now, but growing up with white-sand beaches and swimming in playful waves....

Oh wait.  You live on Superior.   NO SWIM FOR YOU!    ;-)

Seriously, welcome to the forum.

As for the mods seeing your thread, I wouldn't worry about it.   First, because we KNOW ALL AND SEE ALL.   Second, because as long as you follow the rules, we are kind and benevolent.   And third, because you just shouldn't worry about things you can't do anything about.

So, carry on and have a great time discussing our shared passion for sabers!   And if you get homesick, stop by the FanFic forum and check out M'Tzigon (Michigan)....    ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2020, 08:55:59 PM »

Hey guys!   First, welcome!   I am also from the great Mitten of the North.   :-)   I live a bit further south now, but growing up with white-sand beaches and swimming in playful waves....

Oh wait.  You live on Superior.   NO SWIM FOR YOU!    ;-)

Seriously, welcome to the forum.

As for the mods seeing your thread, I wouldn't worry about it.   First, because we KNOW ALL AND SEE ALL.   Second, because as long as you follow the rules, we are kind and benevolent.   And third, because you just shouldn't worry about things you can't do anything about.

So, carry on and have a great time discussing our shared passion for sabers!   And if you get homesick, stop by the FanFic forum and check out M'Tzigon (Michigan)....    ;-)

I grew up in the lower peninsula, would occasionally visit beaches in Muskegon. Even went over towards the east side of the state once in a while since my aunt lives in Bay City. Too many people, not really my thing. Also, who said you can't swim in Lake Superior? Yoopers are hearty people, and live in that lake. Some are even nuts enough to cut through the ice to jump in during the winter.

Chadxxx
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 12:01:25 AM »

I grew up in the lower peninsula, would occasionally visit beaches in Muskegon. Even went over towards the east side of the state once in a while since my aunt lives in Bay City. Too many people, not really my thing. Also, who said you can't swim in Lake Superior? Yoopers are hearty people, and live in that lake. Some are even nuts enough to cut through the ice to jump in during the winter.
Heck yeah, nothing beats the polar plunge in February!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: