Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hello from the UK  (Read 1726 times)
bryn85
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 04, 2020, 11:54:53 PM »

Hi All,

Just got my first ever lightsaber. Very impressed with the quality and the speed it made it to the UK in especially over the New Year.
As im new to the scene I thought it would be good to say hello.
So greetings from England and if anybody has any advice or tips for the newbie here id be glad to read them.

Cheers

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 12:23:54 AM »

Welcome! People around here are always curious about each other's sabers, and especially appreciate photographs if you can manage them. Please feel free to share some more information about your lightsaber and what got you interested in buying one.

Light side points when warranted

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 01:22:09 AM »

Welcome to the forum, bryn!  There's quite a few members on here from overseas and I agree, the amount of time they ship overseas is quite impressive

bryn85
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 01:52:34 AM »

I got myself an Initiate V3 with sound and diamond controller, extra long mid grade blade, only going to be using it for play fighting with son, fancy dress and display.
Still trying to work out the ins and outs of the launcher program lol.
As I said the guys at ultrasabers were fast, just over a week from order to it being in my hand.
As I’m that impressed with the quality of this one I’ll deffo save up for one of the top shelf models

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 01:55:05 AM »

Congrats on the Initiate V3, they're beautiful and are MHS compatible which means that they also work with V4 and V5 saber pommels

bryn85
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 03:50:19 AM »

Thanks Infinit01, I’m thinking about getting more add on’s and such but don’t fully understand this modular hilt system, is it just unique to ultrasabers or do other Saber builders use same system and measurements ? Just thinking about cost shipping from US to UK.
I’m really chuffed with my initiate v3, wasn’t sure what to expect being a first time buyer but I’m glad to say these guys don’t disappoint and the quality is just superb. Even my housemate who isn’t a big sci-fi fan said it was remarkable and made him feel like he had the real deal in his hand.

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 06:33:11 AM »

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are many awesome sabers to choose from. If I may suggest, make a wishlist for yourself. Putting together a few sabers, your way, will give you a feel what you're looking for. And...it's just plain old fun to do.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:18:33 AM »

Welcome to the forum and the likelyhood of a new addiction. Nice to know that there are more people around here from this side of the ocean.

If your thinking about addons. Consider the weight of the pommels to influence the balance of your saber. Thx to someone on this forum (sorry forgot your name) I got a tip to balance my Aeon v4 with a War Glaive pommel. Great endresult, beautiful balance.

MHS-compatibel isn't unique to US, TCSS uses it as well, but I read past week that the hilts of US are a tiny bit thicker so you get a little lip. I have no personal experience with pommels etc. from TSCC, so maybe anyone else can help you with that.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 12:14:06 PM »

Greetings bryn85!

I am the resident mad Englishman on the forum and live in The Outer Rim of the UK but don't worry, you don't have to be mad to know me. The members here are the best bunch of saber enthusiasts I have come across and all are willing to help when and where they can.

I hope you enjoy your time here and post pics and maybe videos if you can, we like seeing them all. Hope to chat soon.

GeddaTheHutt
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -195

I am one with the force and the force is with me.

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 12:46:12 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Sabers owned: Bellicose CG, Aeon V4 BR, Azure Fallen AB, Crimson Dorian Diamond,

Saber wishlist: Lost Gray, Scorpion, Brood Guard, Dominix LE V4, Apprentice V4, Spector, Grandmaster, Domicide, Dark Graflex.

{dark side points please}

bruceme75
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2020, 08:15:23 AM »

hi i am from uk to going to order my first mystery box next week watched loads of unboxing videos cant wait to see what i get and does anyone know the price for shipping to uk and do the mystery boxes come with blades thanks

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2020, 08:23:34 AM »

Yes blades are included. Work through the ordering process ones so you can see all the different options.
If you then add the order to your chart you can add your country and postalcode to let them calculate the shipping cost.

I'm from the Netherlands, shipping costs start around 75 euro's if I remember correctly. Depending on the weight of your package it'll up from there.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

bruceme75
Force Sensitive

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2020, 12:03:35 PM »

thanks very much for the reply

Juliet_Whisky
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 07:37:52 AM »

Hi bryn85,

I am also from the UK and order my first UltraSaber earlier this month. Did you get hit with any customs charges?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: