Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Recharge port  (Read 1529 times)
dracon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 05, 2020, 06:58:10 AM »

I'm an happy owner of a Diamond Emperor's Hand saber. Recharge port and 2 Li-Ion batteries (3.7 V) [Charger "Powerizer" input AC 100-240V - Output DC 8.4V/1.2A]
I need help about a problem about the Li-Ion batteries lasting about 1 hour. I think that 1 hour is the normal time, but I'm asking if I could connect a portable cell phone charger in the recharge port of my saber.
So I need to know what type of miniJACK is using your Recharge Port in order to buy a suitable cable USB-JACK
Look here and please tell me the right size.
https://ibb.co/xstgXD0

Another thing. Since portable cell phone chargers are usually 5 VOLT and 2.1 A (capacity over 10.000 mAh) I'm asking if it could work well with my saber since the Charger you send me has output 8.4 Volt and 1.2 A.
Could I damage the electronics board using a cell phone charger outputting 5 V or simply the SABER will not work? And if I find a portable cell phone charger outputting 8/9 V could I use it in order to use with my saber?

I see that connecting the Charger I can not only charge the batteries BUT also have my saber working with light/sound in real time. Could I have the same result with a portable cell phone chargers?
My idea is to HIDE this powerbank in JEDI TUNIC and have my saber working when the batteries charge has terminated. Could be an idea? But I need the exact size of minijack for my USB-JACK cable and most of all know if the powerbank used for smartphone are suitable with 5 volt. THANX!

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »

The portable cell phone charger will  not work. To charge the batteries the volts need to be higher than them. Plugging them in to five volts may actually discharge them. Also 5 volts is not enough to power up the saber so running it plugged in to that won't work either.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

dracon
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 07:57:02 PM »

So I need a portable charger outputting how many volts/ampere? 8/9 ?
And please which the size of the recharge port jack?
See

Pictured embedded by your friendly neighborhood, Mod Wink
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:02:00 PM by Infinit01 » Logged

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 09:17:40 PM »

I've never seen or heard of a power bank that outputs that kind of voltage since they are made for a particular purpose and standardized to 5 volts. The current is what is different between fast and standard and slow chargers.
I never measured my ports because i was content to charge at home and carry spare batteries in the small plastic carrying/storage boxes sold on Amazon.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

dracon
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 10:43:49 PM »

And how do you connect this "small plastic carrying/storage box" to the saber? It could be an idea. Replace a portable powerbank WITH a 2 Li-Ion batteries (3.7 V) BOX that could be connected to saber through a cable USB-JACK....as soon as the internal batteries run out of charge...

You mean this?
But the JACK size of saber port?

I wait, however, some answers from ULTRASABER technical staff .

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 11:05:12 PM »

I just carry it in my pocket and swap batteries as needed.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

dracon
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »

I just carry it in my pocket and swap batteries as needed.

Ah ok... but that's unpractical since you have to open the saber... My idea of a batteries box connected to the recharge port looks like better. But technically that can be done without damaging the board?

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 08:36:56 PM »

I wait, however, some answers from ULTRASABER technical staff .

Then you’re asking your questions in the wrong spot; this forum is not monitored by UltraSabers staff.  If you want to talk to them, you need to email UltraSabers directly.  This forum is for customers to talk to each other, not a place to interact with the UltraSabers staff.

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 10:28:33 PM »

If I was tempted to void the warranty, chop up my lightsaber hilt or pommel, then solder longer wires into the electronics of any of my Diamond hilts, then I could see how to make an external power bank work with a lightsaber. There's been a few people who have made proto-sabers and customized older hilts to work with a belt pack and a long wire, but with stunt lightsabers, not an Emerald or Diamond saber.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

dracon
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 01:22:07 AM »

Then you’re asking your questions in the wrong spot; this forum is not monitored by UltraSabers staff.  If you want to talk to them, you need to email UltraSabers directly.  This forum is for customers to talk to each other, not a place to interact with the UltraSabers staff.

I'm waiting for an aswer from Ultrasaber technical staff, but in the meanwhile I was asking to comunity in order to know if someone had my same idea and how/if resolved.

The idea of a charger tied to arm in order to power/charge the saber looks like genial since the internal battery charge runs out soon and replacing them is time consuming and unpractical.

The problems are 2: jack size of recharge port and voltage. Possible noone thinked about this?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: