Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about the Flamberge  (Read 942 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« on: January 05, 2020, 08:45:35 AM »

It’s my birthday at the end of the month and have decided to pull out all the stops and order a Flamberge CE with Diamond driver!
I can’t put into words how excited I am to get my grubby hands on this saber, it will be my first Diamond driver and first cross guard saber.

My question is to anybody that has a Flamberge-  is the hilt too long to hang off a belt? I don’t know if I should order it with a covertec wheel installed (I would be too nervous to install one myself). If you’ve installed one - where did you have it set? I’m thinking close to the pommel and at the back of the hilt.

Finally my last question. I’m considering purchasing 3 manticore CE emitters to  attach to the blade points. It’s an additional $255 for the theee emitters - I was wondering/hoping  if anyone had done something similar and if so do you have any photos of what it looks like?
The saber will come in just over $1000, so  therefore I want to make sure I get the order right first time round.

Thank you so much for your help xXx Denise

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 10:07:00 AM »

It’s my birthday at the end of the month and have decided to pull out all the stops and order a Flamberge CE with Diamond driver!
I can’t put into words how excited I am to get my grubby hands on this saber, it will be my first Diamond driver and first cross guard saber.

My question is to anybody that has a Flamberge-  is the hilt too long to hang off a belt? I don’t know if I should order it with a covertec wheel installed (I would be too nervous to install one myself). If you’ve installed one - where did you have it set? I’m thinking close to the pommel and at the back of the hilt.

Finally my last question. I’m considering purchasing 3 manticore CE emitters to  attach to the blade points. It’s an additional $255 for the theee emitters - I was wondering/hoping  if anyone had done something similar and if so do you have any photos of what it looks like?
The saber will come in just over $1000, so  therefore I want to make sure I get the order right first time round.

Thank you so much for your help xXx Denise

I can't awnser any of your questions, I don't have a Flamberge, luckily there a a few people around who do, and are most likely very willing to help.

One question that pops in my mind. Are the crossguards-emitters of the Flamberge changeable/MHS-compatible? I would guess the main emitter is, but the crossguards? It would be sad to order 3 new emitters and only be able to use one...

Ps. A quick forum search (search button at top of the page) on the Flamberge might help.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 02:43:53 PM »

I can't awnser any of your questions, I don't have a Flamberge, luckily there a a few people around who do, and are most likely very willing to help.

One question that pops in my mind. Are the crossguards-emitters of the Flamberge changeable/MHS-compatible? I would guess the main emitter is, but the crossguards? It would be sad to order 3 new emitters and only be able to use one...

Ps. A quick forum search (search button at top of the page) on the Flamberge might help.

Hi- thanks for responding, I did do a forum search but couldn’t find anything specific about the covertec wheel - usability on the Flamberge  and I’m pretty sure the emitters are interchangeable as Emory talks about it on the Flamberge features video xXx

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 04:56:45 PM »

I have a Flamberge, heavily modified now though. The hilt is not to long to hang from a belt but you will end up with the heavier end moving against your leg. I have thought adding a Covertec wheel but if i do i would put it on the cross piece but I don't know if US offers that position.

The emitters are all MHS compatible the Manticore emitters will fit well and look good, if very wide, on the cross guard. It will not set correctly into the main blade portion. The space is recessed down into the head so the emitter sets down inside to fit flush. Because of that only emitters with at least a quarter of an inch of standard outer diameter after the threads will work. Anything that is wide near the threads, like the Manticore will not fit.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 06:07:34 PM »

Here is a picture where you can see how deep the short piece from the side blades sets down in:

This shows the Manticore emitter beside it to see how wide it is too close to the threads:

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 07:20:37 PM »

Here is a picture where you can see how deep the short piece from the side blades sets down in:

This shows the Manticore emitter beside it to see how wide it is too close to the threads:

Thanks so much @Firehand10k.
This has helped me so much x

firehand10k
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2020, 09:21:51 PM »

No problem. I'll be interested to see what you finally end up with.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff