Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Mixing parts: Sentinel v5 with Dark Apprentice v5  (Read 4786 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: January 07, 2020, 12:29:03 AM »

So in order to enter the winter raffle, I'm adding a stunt saber to an order for my wife.  The main order is for my first sound saber.

I was going to order a Dark Sentinel v5 LE for the black & silver (not a fan of single color hilts), maybe add some foil tape to the choke point below the switch to add a bit more silver.
But now I'm thinking to just order the silver Sentinel v5 with sound for me and a Dark Apprentice v5 stunt saber for my wife.  Then just switch up some parts so they both have a mix of black and silver.

I know the emitter windows can swap (saw this in a review video). I can also order the silver saber with a black switch and vice-versa.
My question has to do with the pommel.  I know they are both MHS compatible, but as my wife's will be a stunt saber I'll need to up to a vented pommel so that when I swap them, my saber still has sound.

Is there any issue with a no-sound saber having a vented Pommel. I.e. is there a reason it's [NOT RECOMMENDED] as an option?
Does the battery pack fall out or something?

-

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 01:57:41 AM »

It isn't common but the stunt battery pack can wedge into the opening making it hard to unscrew without breaking.  I think its too large to actually fall out but I can't test that theory until I get home.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

mrg149
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -159

Peace & Purpose

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 03:00:40 AM »

put some foam in it?

“Heeded my words not, did you? "Pass on what you have learned." Strength, mastery, hmm... but weakness, folly, failure, also. Yes, failure, most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. Luke, we are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters."
– Yoda

ARSENAL:
*Dominix LE v2 - "Dark Apprentice"
*Dominix LE v3 - "INVICTUS"
*"GUARDIAN" -Ask for Picture (non-US saber)
-Whatever Points-

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 03:08:35 AM »

put some foam in it?

There's many options to block the pack from falling out, if that worries you. foam, piece of cloth, circle of cardboard, rubber bands, velcro, the rubber cap that comes on the open end of a blade, tape, even the end of a plastic bottle cap can work. Many other people also buy a different pommel to their hilts, for either aesthetic value, better weight distribution, etc. 

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 02:01:11 PM »

I've put a strip of velcro around all the batterypacks of my stunt sabers, to stop the rattling inside the hilt.
My two Aeons both have vented pommels (War Glaive and Catalyst) and that doesn't affect the positioning of the batterypack or the other way around. No change of falling out or block the unscrewing.

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 03:13:48 PM »

Thanx for the advice gang.  I think this might be the way to go than. I like having a different colored pommel, but not too keen on spending so much to get a different one.
It looks like just a $5 upcharge to get a vented pommel on the Dark Apprentice without sound.  I'm pretty handy with craft-type stuff, so I'm sure I can find a way to "secure" the battery pack even with the vented hole.

But this will be an economic way for my to get a Dark Apprentice for my wife with Silver AV switch, Silver Pommel and Gold window emitter (from the Sentinel LE). My Saber with sound with then be mostly silver, with Black Av switch, black pommel and black window emitter.
From there I think I can sand the grooves on the Dark Apprentice to give it a worn look and uncover a tad more silver, but still be mostly black.
I'll also use electric tape on the choke point below the switch

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 03:20:37 PM »

Thanx for the advice gang.  I think this might be the way to go than. I like having a different colored pommel, but not too keen on spending so much to get a different one.
It looks like just a $5 upcharge to get a vented pommel on the Dark Apprentice without sound.  I'm pretty handy with craft-type stuff, so I'm sure I can find a way to "secure" the battery pack even with the vented hole.

But this will be an economic way for my to get a Dark Apprentice for my wife with Silver AV switch, Silver Pommel and Gold window emitter (from the Sentinel LE). My Saber with sound with then be mostly silver, with Black Av switch, black pommel and black window emitter.
From there I think I can sand the grooves on the Dark Apprentice to give it a worn look and uncover a tad more silver, but still be mostly black.
I'll also use electric tape on the choke point below the switch

-

Looking forward to seeing those mods!

On the vented pommel: One really nice looking solution I saw was to make a grill for the hole out of some window screening material.   you can get that at any hardware store, often in more than one color.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 534

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 06:59:28 PM »

Wait, what?  Since when did the v5s have MHS-compatible emitters?  I’m confused, here.  How can you swap the emitter windows on these two sabers?  Please include the link to the review video where you saw this, because I’m not able to construct this in my head. 

LEGEND: 🔇= Stunt, 🔊= V4 Premium Sound, ⚡= Flash on Clash, 💎= Diamond Controller

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Light Side points preferred, when warranted

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 07:15:12 PM »

AFAIK the Sentinel line has no MHS emitters. Only the pommels are MHS compatible.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2020, 07:25:12 PM »

AFAIK the Sentinel line has no MHS emitters. Only the pommels are MHS compatible.

That’s exactly what I was thinking, but then I saw this (emphasis added), and I didn’t think that was right at all...

So in order to enter the winter raffle, I'm adding a stunt saber to an order for my wife.  The main order is for my first I know the emitter windows can swap (saw this in a review video). I can also order the silver saber with a black switch and vice-versa.
-

__Aeon LE v3 🔇 in CG  __Initiate v2 🔇 in FO  __Initiate v2 🔇 in AB  __Dark Apprentice LE v5 🔇 in AS  Dark Catalyst in BH 🔊 ⚡AS  __Crimson Scorpion 🔊 BR⚡GB  __Azure Fallen 💎 in DVA fading to VA , ⚡ AS  __Frankensaber 💎 in SY fading to CG with ⚡ GB  — Currently traveling with co-owner

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2020, 07:30:49 PM »

I can't find the vid at the moment, but I am not talking about an MHS emitter. If you take the blade retention screw completely out, the emitter window "sleeve" can slip out.  A Dark Apprentice (non-LE) would have a black sleeve and an Sentinel LE would have a gold sleeve, for example.
That is what I intend to swap

Cyclops, I know you have a Dark Apprentice LE, just do as above and you should be able to remove your silver sleeve

EDIT: Found it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sppeiTmocU&t=651s

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 07:46:43 PM »

I can't find the vid at the moment, but I am not talking about an MHS emitter. If you take the blade retention screw completely out, the emitter window "sleeve" can slip out.  A Dark Apprentice (non-LE) would have a black sleeve and an Sentinel LE would have a gold sleeve, for example.
That is what I intend to swap

Cyclops, I know you have a Dark Apprentice LE, just do as above and you should be able to remove your silver sleeve

-

D’oh!  NOW I think I understand what you’re talking about.  I could try that (and probably will later today), but I have no other Apprentice/Sentinel to swap it with, so it would be simply to verify what you’re saying, not for any other purpose.

Thanks for explaining; that really helped.  I’ll happily award you a point for the explanation, but I don’t know whether you prefer Dark or Light.

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2020, 08:10:15 PM »

I’ll happily award you a point for the explanation, but I don’t know whether you prefer Dark or Light.
Hmm. I've not received any points yet so it would be my first, thanx. While I certainly tap into the Dark from time to time, I like to think I overall walk in the Light. So light side please.

-

Cyclops942
Knight Commander

Fandom mash-ups are fun.

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2020, 08:29:58 PM »

Hmm. I've not received any points yet so it would be my first, thanx. While I certainly tap into the Dark from time to time, I like to think I overall walk in the Light. So light side please.

-

Done!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:02 PM »

Okay, that's something completely different...and interesting Cheesy Point incoming!

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: