Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Any have pics of "uneven" double sabers?  (Read 1395 times)
Galef
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 209

Light side preferred, Dark side accepted

« on: January 07, 2020, 03:56:55 PM »

I'm curious to see if any one has combined 2 different sized sabers into a staff.
I kinda like the idea of a 32-36" bladed hilt attached to a 24-16" hilt. Even better with a quick release coupler to have a full length saber and an "off-hand" shoto.
Does it look good? Is it functional?

I'd love to see pics as google isn't much help (although I'm probably not using the right keywords)

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:42:02 PM »

I'm curious to see if any one has combined 2 different sized sabers into a staff.
I kinda like the idea of a 32-36" bladed hilt attached to a 24-16" hilt. Even better with a quick release coupler to have a full length saber and an "off-hand" shoto.
Does it look good? Is it functional?

I'd love to see pics as google isn't much help (although I'm probably not using the right keywords)

-

I have staffed up an Initate V3 with an Aeon V3, and it worked fine.  The center of gravity just doesn't line up with the "join" line.   So as long as you don't mind it being asymmetrical they work just fine.

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 08:46:44 PM »

The center of gravity just doesn't line up with the "join" line.   So as long as you don't mind it being asymmetrical they work just fine.
I wonder if you could get it close to "center" but putting the longer blade in the shorter hilt and vice-versa.  Although, personal I think that would make it look wonky.

-

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:24 PM »

I wonder if you could get it close to "center" but putting the longer blade in the shorter hilt and vice-versa.  Although, personal I think that would make it look wonky.

-

I think uneven hilts works better than uneven blades.  When you mix hilts it doesn't matter that much because you're basically making a single hilt out of them.  mixed blades is more problematic, though I did see a guy wielding a "staff" that consisted of a normal 36" blade on the main emitter and a short 10" blade on the bottom.  More of a sword with a short blade on the hilt, but still looked pretty cool.

But I agree, mixing a 32" with a 24" or such would probably look wonky.  The example above wasn't really a staff, just a secondary blade on a saber. 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 10:56:47 PM »

You know what I think might look really cool, is making a spear like saber staff like this. Take a normal lightsaber, couple it to a staff extender or two, then go for a really short hilt with short blade. You end up with your normal "blade" for the spear head, then a spiky point at the other end for the other end of the spear. The longer midsection might actually help with keeping the lightsaber blades away from your body as well. Would definitely take some getting used to wielding though I am thinking.

Could totally just thread a 3-5 foot pipe and do the sabers at either end as well for a single coupler type deal. Would be an interesting sight since you would have a lot of space to decorate as you wanted to.

Light side points when warranted

Galef
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 11:40:50 PM »

Since my Initiate v2s are not MHS compatiable, I've already got some PVC handles ready to slip them in. The "pommels" are 1 female and 1 male screw connection.  Not as good as the US quick release coupler, but still less "actions" required to couple and separate.

Just screw or unscrew, instead of the following:
1) unscrew hilt A from coupler
2) unscrew hilt B from coupler
3) replace pommel in hilt A
4) replace pommel in hilt B

And I have a 2 foot extension piece to make a 4 foot total staff just for fun.  Might try that long blade/spear tip idea with that

-

ZanarCrestrider
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 12:47:55 AM »

Since my Initiate v2s are not MHS compatiable, I've already got some PVC handles ready to slip them in. The "pommels" are 1 female and 1 male screw connection.  Not as good as the US quick release coupler, but still less "actions" required to couple and separate.

Just screw or unscrew, instead of the following:
1) unscrew hilt A from coupler
2) unscrew hilt B from coupler
3) replace pommel in hilt A
4) replace pommel in hilt B

And I have a 2 foot extension piece to make a 4 foot total staff just for fun.  Might try that long blade/spear tip idea with that

-

If you do, let me know how it works out. I'm still waiting on my sabers, so I cannot do any experimenting yet. I can only picture it in my head, but I really do think it'd be cool. The back end should be a 16" blade though, from what I see in my mind. 24" will suffice for testing purposes if that's all you have access to though. No need to waste money on a silly idea some idiot on the internet had. =D

Light side points when warranted

DarthSyronimus
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: -40

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 12:13:17 AM »

I might try my dominicide with a 36" blade on one side and a 24" on the other, once they arrive (around March is my guess) I'll test and pic.

Dark Side here, Grey in RPGs
(Order#1 - Ordered 1/27/20 - Arrived 3/12/20)
* Diamond Dominicide for me (died 4/2/20, sent back 5/23/20 for repairs, back in hand and working 6/4/2020)
* Diamond Dark Apprentice LE v5 for the 10yo Padawan
* Stunt Aeon LE v3 - Blazing Red (FreeMysteryBox) for the missus
* Stunt Initiate v2 - Guardian Blue (FreeInitiate) for the 7yo Youngling
(Order #2 - Ordered 5/17/20 - Arrived 9/13/20)
* Stunt Dark Overlord - Consular Green ($75 Mystery Box)
* Yari (Pike) Extension with 16" UEHG
* Silver Vented QR Coupler

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: