Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Renegade emitters on the Flamberge?  (Read 602 times)
Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« on: January 07, 2020, 04:30:15 PM »

Hi
Apologies for all the questions - I’m a total newb when it comes to lightsabers and MHS.
I have one more question-
Can I add the emitters (the extension and the clawed emitter ends) of the Renegade to the Flamberge?
I’ve just ordered the Flamberge with the diamond controller (my first one!). And was wondering if I can have the option of adding the emitter ends of the Renegrade to make it look more fancy??

Thank you so much!!

Tai Chi Chuan Wijchen
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 297

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »

I think you should be able to do that. I don't own any of the two sabers. But both are high end sabers and both are MHS compatible. Wich indicates that emitters and pommels are interchangeable. So yes, I think that would work.
Although you might have a problem with the spacing, but maybe one of the other forum members can help you with that. There is another flamberge thread active at this moment woth the same questions, I only forgot the name, but is you do a quick forum search...

Light Side points appreciated, when warranted.
> Phantasm v4 - CG
> Sentinel v4 staff - GB
> Phantom v4 - BR
> Dark Initiatet v2 - FO
> Free Initiate v2 - CG
> Aeon v3 - GB - Grabbag
> Sentinel v4 w/sound - CG - Mysterybox

firehand10k
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 388

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »

You can use the emitters from the Renegade on the Flamberge. You may use the extensions from the Renegade but dont really need to except...

1. The main blade mounting is different between the two is different. The Flamberge main LED is down in the body below the cross while the Renegade main LED is up in the extension the emitter attaches to. So it needs to either be mover or result in a significant blade depth or dimness.

2. The main blade emitter on the Flamberge is recessed into the top of the cross so any emitter or extension screwed into that spot can be no wider that a standard MHS body size. The emitters from the Renegade Flare out right after the threads so the won't fit in the main blade position without an extension. Also the main blade extension for the Renegade is wider at its base so it won't fit in that position either.

3. The LEDs for both sabers, except the Flamberge main blade, are held inside the extensions so they would have to be disassembled  or removed and reinstalled in the new extensions and this will void any remaining warranty.

SHORT ANSWER: The side ones you can swap easily. The main blade not so easily.

Have:
Azure Reaper
Crimson Scorpion
Aeon LE  V4 pair
Monarch
Azure Omen
Mantis
Manticore CE
Guardian
Chosen One
Graflex
Menace staff
Sentinel V4 staff
Zweihander
Shark
Bane
Brood Guard

Robyn_Goodfellow
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 155

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 08:36:54 AM »

Thanks so much Firehand10k
Your detailed explication has really helped.
Im still very new to the world of lightsabers (and on top of that I’m not very technically minded). So I really appreciate your time in responding to me  with such a detailed response .
Thank you x

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: